• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played terribly at lakewood in the wind. Shot under at acorn two rounds in a row. Encouraging. :) had my longest golf drive ever on 8, again with the dx teebird. Doinked about a 30 foot putt for deuce, but so happy to see that i am still throwing farther and improving.

Hard to believe you can throw that DX Teebird so far and so straight, aint it wonderful? What weight are you throwing?

Played terribly at lakewood in the wind. Shot under at acorn two rounds in a row. Encouraging. :) had my longest golf drive ever on 8, again with the dx teebird. Doinked about a 30 foot putt for deuce, but so happy to see that i am still throwing farther and improving.

What are the conditions at acorn like? Snow? Mud?

1st hole yesterday, drove 12' from the basket. Then, five (10'-15') putts later, put it in. Can you say Keystone cops? 2nd hole, same only 3 putts later. At this point, it was like someone else was controlling my body. 3rd hole, (parked?) missed a 6 footer. The two guys I met and played with were starting to wonder how a guy who drives so well doesn't know how to putt yet. Mercy. Plus 4 after 3 holes.

Shook it off, settled down on my putting and pulled a -3 out of my arse. Drives were solid (3'-30') on all but a couple of holes. Had that been a tourney, I think I would have been mentally messed up for at least the first 9 if not the whole round.

Hard to believe you can throw that DX Teebird so far and so straight, aint it wonderful? What weight are you throwing?

What are the conditions at acorn like? Snow? Mud?

anything between 169-175 for weight, doesn't really matter to me. it wasn't a straight drive though; i flipped it out and it started turning just before the marsh to sneak in under the pine tree on the right. you can do some crazy stuff with these discs; they just hold whatever you tell them to do.

acorn isn't bad at all. there are some soggy/muddy spots, but the snow is essentially gone.

Thew 2 over at Oakboro District Park this morning and I'm pretty happy with that. First day of warm temps. and dry weather we've seen in a while.

Oh, almost forgot... My tee shot on hole 11 landed about a foot away from a big black snake. Didn't see him/her until I was almost at my disc and he moved. Startled the %#% out of me! I'm not afraid of snakes in general but we do have Copper Heads in these parts so I prefer to see the snake before I'm almost standing on it.

8am Round: started well, finished 8 over. BLECH.

Immediate round followed, shot a 2 down and left a couple out there. much betterer.

Played Mountain Crest with my wife this morning and I shot a +5 :doh:. I never got into my round and was lazy with my follow through. My wife was throwing a lot better than she usually does, but she doesn't keep score.

Tied my personal best with a -2 on my home course. If I only I hadn't taken that double bogey on hole 8

shot +6 first round then shot my personal best at st peter riverside. played conservative and ended with +2. stayed out of the rough and didnt risk it for the birdies. lookin to shoot par within the next month. crazy course and any hole can really break your round.

first round of night golf tonight, it was a ton of fun. glow discs really arent that great though. might need a uv flashlight or just buy some lights to tape on. 8 hours of work, 6 hours of dg. great day.

Shaved another 2 strokes off my personal best on the short tees and shot a respectable 1st score on the middle tees. Even played a few from the middle tees better than from the shorts!

Overshot a 320 foot hole (that is long for me) and putted back for deuce. Parked another medium-long hole I've never parked before and then three putted for a bogey (trees involved, but yeah).

My driving is coming along and I'm getting more distance with less effort (and the accuracy that comes with a more relaxed throw). I need to work on my putting though, it's hit and miss.

Shot a -3 51. Missed a lot of the easy holes and hit some hard holes which is very frustrating. That is about a 930 rated round, not bad... but still left way too many on the board. 4 shots left on the course.

Bagged a new course today, so that is always good. A tight, technical mostly wooded course so it was quite a different feel. Needless to say many of my discs are now flying straighter.

cleaned up trash. played 4 rounds total. my goal recently was to shoot even at st peter riverside in mn. i was -1 going into hole 17. drive with a fury was a hyzerflip laser landed straight on the fairway. second shot was with a stalker for a run at the basket, i over shot it by like 30 feet. i threw my 30 foot putt and it hit towards the bottom of the chains and somehow spit out. closest i ever came to throwing a disc into the ground out of anger. i ended up laughing somehow. took my 4. onto hole 18 and my drive was ok. on edge of rough, up shot and ended up with par on the hole and the course. it was awesome.

now my goal is to shoot a round under par there!!

also my first round at st peter was +3. at easy land of memories i shot two rounds of both +7, i two putted way too much cuz the wind was pretty rough.

great day of disc golf

First real round of the year basically. Ended up shooting +2 at BRP. Not great, but definitely knocking the rust off from the winter. My timing was off and then I was trying to force distance and introducing some wrist roll I don't normally have. So it was frustrating, but not altogether awful. Canned three putts from 40'+ and only missed two that bug me. So there's that at least.
Good news is my bag is pretty solidified. Might need a more understable fairway until I get my arm back up to speed.

today was a classic example of my potential and also how ridiculously bad i play sometimes.

i am the only person i know who can go from -6 to +3 in 10 holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts