• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+2 (61) at Armco White today. First actual round I've played in a month, so I'm not disappointed at all with that score. Nailed a 45 footer for a bird too, which always makes a round better. I managed to get in ten holes on Monday with my son, but I never count rounds when I'm with him. That was a practice/get the kid out of the house round, and I played terribly.

But we had fun, and that's what counts.

played very well today (finally) quick after work round with few friends at Vallarta-ast outside madison wi, had 18 birdies, 9 pars and 0 bogies over 27 holes :)

7 and 9 under par yesterday at Theo Wirth and 4 and 6 under par today at Plymouth Creek. Not the most difficult courses, but I am running a streak of 63 straight holes at par or better. Tomorrow I play Bryant Lake and #8 is a legitimate par 4 but is marked a 3 and we always score it as a 3. I get 3s about 20% of the time or so.

Did field work, found out I throw just as far standing still then with a run up, because I reach back and pull balanced when still on a good line

7 and 9 under par yesterday at Theo Wirth and 4 and 6 under par today at Plymouth Creek. Not the most difficult courses, but I am running a streak of 63 straight holes at par or better. Tomorrow I play Bryant Lake and #8 is a legitimate par 4 but is marked a 3 and we always score it as a 3. I get 3s about 20% of the time or so.

Broke my string of par or better golf on the first hole at Bryant Lake. No business doing it either. I drive to within 25 feet of the basket but still had one large tree in the way. I should have just laid up on the right side of the tree and tapped in for par, but I decided to try flexing it around the left side to see if I could run the basket. I instead globbered the tree as square as I could, leaving me an awkward putt that I in turn doinked off the top for a bogey.

Oh well, my record for flawless golf now stands at 63 holes over four rounds at two different courses.

I did make myself feel better after that bogey by acing Hole 2 with a hyzerbomb from my brand new Z Predator. Thing of beauty because the basket is blind unless you get down on your knees and tree to peer under the canopy of branches surrounding the main fairway. The line looked good flying into the open sky to the right. Next thing we knew, we heard chains. My first reaction was to yell to the group of friends on the next hole in front of us, "are you sure you did not want to play best doubles with me?" We split up because half the group wanted to play singles and the other half did not want to play as a large group.

Finished the day at 50, 4 under par; one bogey, one double-bogey (Hole 8, should be a par 4), one ace, and five birdies. Should have been eight birdies, but apparently I cannot make every 10-15 foot putt.

Finished the day at 50, 4 under par; one bogey, one double-bogey (Hole 8, should be a par 4), one ace, and five birdies. Should have been eight birdies, but apparently I cannot make every 10-15 foot putt.

haha nice. but hole 8 technically is a par 4, so is hole one..

haha nice. but hole 8 technically is a par 4, so is hole one..

Hole 1 should not be played as a par 4. 18 is far harder than it. The listed par there from the whites is like 60 and that is absurd.

8 is the only thing I will say could be a 4 at least at rec/Intermediate level, all the other holes there are very 3able.

"Official" practice round at the Angry Beaver (Elon) last night.

Fired a +4 69 (played one short pad,) my best ever out there by far. Finished double bogey, birdie, bogey, double-bogey, so it could've (should've) been even better.

Except for the last 2 holes, I followed up the other 3 bogeys with birdies, which I'm proud of.

Made a 25 foot scoober/pancake putt out of a bush to save a bogey on 12, probably the highlight of the round.

Feeling kind of ready for the club singles round out there tomorrow...though I don't expect back-to back personal bests.

(Knocking on wood like crazy here, not to jinx. No whammies, No whammies!)

Aaaand, pooped my pants. Picked up 10 throws in 36 hours. Put up a 13 over 79. So much for being prepared.

Went to Valley View earlier today. Got a -6 the 1st round & a -7 the 2nd round. Was really wet & muddy. I lost my 10x KC tie teebird in the tall grass, I looked for 30 minutes but couldnt find it :(. Well hopefully someone else will get to enjoy it like I have. Can't believe I lost a disc on such a short course :doh:.

Was challenged twice for my #1 tag and dominated both rounds. There are two courses in Odessa, TX. We played the new course first, which is pretty technical with a great variety of shots. I shot a +2 56 beating my challenger by 7 strokes. He then challenged me again on the older course, which is a wide open 21 holes bomb fest. I shot a -5 58 and won by 10 strokes. It was fun and I made $10 doing it.

Was challenged twice for my #1 tag and dominated both rounds. There are two courses in Odessa, TX. We played the new course first, which is pretty technical with a great variety of shots. I shot a +2 56 beating my challenger by 7 strokes. He then challenged me again on the older course, which is a wide open 21 holes bomb fest. I shot a -5 58 and won by 10 strokes. It was fun and I made $10 doing it.

Gotta love playin good & gettin $ for it

Played Lower Deck and finished +3 which was tie for PB. Had a great time though, lots of fun with the guys I was playing with.

Due to 4+ inches of rain I didn't get to play today. However, I played 14 rounds at 6 different courses in two states in the last 7 days. I even got my first ace at a new course I had never played before. Gee, having my summers off sure is nice. :thmbup:

Shot a 4 down here today after not playing a decent course in a while. Even carded 3 bogeys on some easy holes. :wall: Had a ton of fun though with a great group of guys!

-3 @ hornings canyon, then +12 on the meadows, and lost 2 discs in the meadows:(

-4 at the junkyard Shootout, Valmont DGC in Boulder, CO? Round 2 turned out even, but I drained a 60' putt on 18 to close out my afternoon. Ahhhh, DG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts