• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 10 holes out at waterworks, played pretty good, after that went out to rosedale, stopped by dynamic first and saw Eric McCabe there then got to the course and saw Paul McBeth, I was just stepping up to one as he was getting in his jeep to leave. on a different/related note, Rosedale and Waterworks are both looking good, they were out mowing and weed eating waterworks this morning.

Ended up taking first at local league(in my division) by 1 stroke. I didn't shoot great but did solid and ended -1.

First time playing doubles in my local league. I have to say, I'm not sure it's for me. I consider myself to be pretty good for how long and how much I've played, but I'm still a relative newbie, and I happened to get paired with someone much better than me. Very chill guy, he took it in stride, but it wasn't particularly fun to have 90%+ of our shots be from his lie. Pretty demoralizing, no matter how well he handled it; I just felt like dead weight most of the time.

Probably no coincidence that I had my worst outing in some time. Or maybe it just looked worse since I compared every shot of mine directly to his. Think I might just stick to bag tags and handicap league.

Awesome and technically perfect. 18 Holes: seven birdies and no bogeys. I did rely on some luck powering through some shrubbery, but when presented with that luck I made sure to take full of advantage of it. Putts were strong, only missing one birdie opportunity.

I was only playing a fun round with friends, but we made the mistake in playing a course where a league showed up 30 minutes later. I have played in this league before and I know my score would have been competitive in Advanced. In the past I have finished in the middle at best, but this should have been good enough to cash well.

At Schenley Park for our Wednesday League night I managed to tie my personal best score for the course with a 44. That included 2 putts that chained out and one bogey that almost made me cry. My ten year old nephew beat his personal best by 1 stroke (56) during the same round. It was a pretty good night.

Smashed my previous personal best at a course near me. Previous best was 57 (1 over par) and last night I shot 52... and all of this amid frustration from changing up my grip on distance drives. A well placed drive off the first tee allowed for a birdie which I think then set the tone for the rest of the round. Came out of the front nine even with 2 bogeys 2 birdies, then annihilated the back 9, hitting 4 birdies, one being a hole I typically bogey. It's excellent evidence for the grip change... that while I lost a lot of distance, I have gained a LOT of control and consistency. Now I just need to get the distance back.

I won our quick lunch game between coworkers. Not my best round, but they played poorly.

Bogeyed 1, 2, 3 then finished 4 up. Lost by one to ^this^ loser.

Got my longest drive ever on hole 18 at Dela with a Dynamic Disc Trespass. Might actually be able to throw a speed 12 disc again. Now they need to move that hole back to short so I don't miss my birdie putt!

Played yesterday at 6:30 am at Tinicum. The weather was getting ominous just as we were getting out of the truck and walking to the first tee. By the time we got to hole 3 it was raining and lightning was present. We endured and finished out the 18 holes before the really bad stuff came down. I didn't play bad considering we stayed up all night long and drove to the course at 5 something in the morning. I believe I shot even or 1 up through 18 holes.

Played casual dubs last night with my 14yo nephew as a partner. We shot 47, but only played only 17 holes (due to darkness). We won by having birdies on the last two holes. We only used three of my nephew's lies and two of his putts (both <15'). I missed only one putt <30' (~25') and chained out on a 50' putt. I played pretty well by my standards. If I was playing singles, I most likely would have scored only 2 throws greater. We carded only one bogey and that was caused by the missed putt I mentioned earlier. It feels really good to "know" you are going to sink any putt inside the circle.

I'm not going to play today, because I think I did enough yesterday.

2qatw1w.jpg

I threw my longest drive ever on flat ground last night. It went where I was trying to get it to go.
:eek: The distance was between 360'-380'. Not bad for an old man.

btw, the wind was blowing left-to-right and I have a witness. :)

Not so good. We got two local groups in town who already share a casual league that meets whenever and whoever shows up. We're starting a third that is even more casual and just around ten of us who play together almost exclusively because of schedules and personalities I guess. Everyone in town though regardless of club gets along and bands together for tournaments we want to represent for Emporia. So today one of these guys almost starts a civil war.

On seven as we're walking away from the basket he gives a head's up yell and tosses. Couldn't even wait the five seconds for us to get along down the path. Next hole I'm lining up a twelve foot putt to take the two skins (playing ript revenege) and a star xcal comes whizzing past my head and spikes nearby. No fore, nothing. So I throw up my hands, give a few yells, and miss my putt because out of the corner of my eye I see the other guy tossing at me. Beyond pissed.

We wait out of the way and ask him what's up with that and he says "you guys were playing too slow" We had been on the hole less than three minutes total and they hadn't been waiting at the tee. Zero. He just walked up and threw. Then we tell them to play through and they walk off to hole ten talking smack under his breath. By hole 11 the peninsula hole they are talking to fisherman and we pass them. We see them leaving when we're on seventeen and of course there is another confrontation about respect. Dude is unfriended on facebook. :D No violence though that was good. Posting this here just to vent. It doesn't warrant a thread or me calling him out by name. :thmbup:

Not the greatest today. Two courses for the 1st time, high winds, and lots of chatting-But I still had lots of fun!

Managed to beat my personal best at my local course by one stroke. Would've been two, but I bombed an easy putt. Still, I had a damn fine day.

I generally don't like to brag, but I figured here would be the place to do it. I (very excitedly) won my first tournament today. Granted, there were only about 35 people in it, I was still super stoked. There were three divisions, novice, intermediate/advanced, and pro. There were 3 people in novice, 3 in pro, and the rest (including me) in intermediate/advanced. So, I felt like 1st out of 29 is not too shabby. Plus, free disc and $40 gift certificate! Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.