• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played pretty well for me, was +2 at league but I'm starting to see some of the stuff I've been practicing actually working, which is a nice feeling. I don't have a lot of extra time to do fieldwork so when I do get something to click it's a good feeling.

Awesome. -11 and -8 at the Quarry in Sheboygan (20 holes). Pitch and putt, but my drives were spot on and I actually putted worth a damn. Probably the best I've ever felt on the course.

Field work, well worth it.

Decided to post one of these for an off day (usually I've wanted to post after an awesome one, so I need to be fair).
After playing 1000 holes in each month of the summer (! I know, right?!), I managed to develop a back ache over the weekend and actually rested it four days before leagues on Wednesday. Struggled through a round of 65 at Osage Grove (my norm here is about 59-60). Had some ups (a 320' drive on 13) and some downs (grip locked my drive on 12, through the fence line and into the soy beans: but we DID find it).
Can't tell yet whether this back thing is going to stay a concern, but I've got 5 sanctioned tourneys coming up, so please wish me luck! :hfive:

I played my best round ever at Mackenzie Park in Lubbock Texas this morning throwing 68 on 21 holes which is +3. I found the Panther in the water that I lost last week plus two other discs. I texted their owners, hopefully they'll get back to me.

Played -3 at the Air Zoo before being rained out. However the most interesting thing about the round was watching the course hawk chase a little song bird through the brush surround hole 3's pin. It crashed through the bush right next to us, barely missing the little bird, did a sumersault then took off after the song bird. Definitely one of the coolest things I've seen at that course.

Played even par for 18 at hellyer park in San Jose, with some crazy wind. Nice round and I picked up and threw a few times a dynamic discs "truth"!

i played with a thunderstorm brewing today. it would have been easy to blow off from playing when i heard some thunder while warming up. half the sky was sunny and low gathering clouds on the other. some winds blew up and sometimes it was eerily calm. Thunder and occasional sirens in the air... it was kinda cool.

played OK. four birdies and a bogey. one 2-putt and a 60 footer than kinda cancels out blowing a birdie hole. a lot of land clearing happened between tuesday and today beside the course. a more open look.

Played my best round ever today at my "home course". A feeble +7 for 18, but quite good for this noob on a technical, heavily wooded course (Highlands of Conway, MA). The highlight was carding a par on a hole I have never par'd before. A straight drive is essential on this 300' par 3. Anything left is going a long way downhill into dense trees on a brutal elevation drop. I nail a 220' shot off the tee, snaking its way through maples and oaks and leaving me a clean upshot to an elevated basket on a rock outcropping that only a lucky skid would give you purchase on for an easy drop in. I skid it nearly there, but get sucked off the left edge for a 15' putt horizontally, but probably 15' vertical as well. I love putting, so embraced the challenge.

The set up for the putt:

image-10.jpg

And nothin' but chains:

image-9.jpg

After working three 14 hour days in a row, I took today off to disc golf.

Played pretty well.

Shot +1 at Riverside in West Bend, WI to start. I felt so rusty not playing for three days.

Then got completely lost heading to Tendick Nature Park in Saukville, WI which I had never played before. When I got there, I figured out where I was going wrong with my throws and shot an even par, which I was ecstatic with. Nice course. Tough woods.

Finished up the day playing 9 holes with my son at the local course and shot two down.

45 holes of disc golf = great day

gaaahbage.

pure gaaaahbage. still can't get my putting down and to make matters worse, my automatic birdie disc under 250, my opto pure, has developed high speed turn. :( bought a RGL and it has the same high speed turn, it just comes back at the end. gonna have to go find an opto in person.

on the other hand, i threw a fantastic roller today. think i've finally gotten the hang of it. i was in the middle of a freaking shrubbery. couldn't pull back for an overhand or a flick (i'm lefthanded forehand) and i couldn't throw backhand, so i just gimped my tsunami out of there and watched it turn left just a bit, stand up and roll straight at the basket from about 200' out. man that thing rolls STRAIGHT. saved a three that had no right to be a three, AND my first successful roller on the course.

Had my best score at Katherine Legge Memorial park today; a -2. Had my best drive ever on at least three of the holes, and hit every putt within 30'.

Was trying to really work on a lower reachback, which resulted in two horrible drives. But I had fantastic second shots on both and made the putts to save par. :)

For example, on the hole below, I hit the FIRST tree on the right. Went about 50'. Threw my new Saint from there, through a magical line through all the trees, to within 20' :thmbup:

1c1e0bcb.jpg

Had my best score at Katherine Legge Memorial park today; a -2. Had my best drive ever on at least three of the holes, and hit every putt within 30'.

Was trying to really work on a lower reachback, which resulted in two horrible drives. But I had fantastic second shots on both and made the putts to save par. :)

For example, on the hole below, I hit the FIRST tree on the right. Went about 50'. Threw my new Saint from there, through a magical line through all the trees, to within 20' :thmbup:

1c1e0bcb.jpg

You may have to change your name...

I decided to start learning the RHFH throw today. I wasn't disappointed with my "end of the day" result. lol I'm more than sure that it won't be as difficult to develop a consistent accurate throw as the RHBH was. :clap:

Played like a Boss today at Tags. Second best round ever at Jellystone, Colorado at -4. One of those days when the basket looked huge; didn't miss one putt inside the circle, hit a 100' shot and another from about 60'. Didn't tank my usual bogey holes. Pretty cool

I had a potentially intetesting round at Sylmar yesterday. In my 3rd round, I had 9 birdies which were tempered by a double and 3 bogeys. That was the most birdies I've ever had in one round. If you know the course, I birdied holes 1,2,3,8,9,11,12,13 and 18.

Played a putter(PA4/PA2) round at School House Gulch with my off hand(LHBH). The results..... were not pretty(especially my attempts at LHFH approaches, lol), but I had three birdies and a few solid drives around 270'. I'm hoping for either my right arm to heal fully or my left arm to get 'smart' by the end of my physical therapy in 5 weeks. Give me patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts