• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played in my first tournament of the year, the Boulder Bash XI, and I placed 4th in Open! I had the pleasure of playing with Devin Frederick in the second round, and he is a super nice guy and a great player. I wish I hadn't completely blown up my second round though. I was getting tired, the wind picked up, and I was slightly nervous to be on the lead card. I missed two 10-15 ft putts :( Embarrassing.

...like a turd. played Wildcat in some terrible wind (25-40mph all day, even in the woods it was swirling pretty bad) and most of the baskets were in long position, but I couldn't drive straight to save my life. Shaved a ton of stability off my favorite boss due to a couple tree smashes embarassingly close to the teepad. I putted decently and did have a par save from about 150ft out, but it only went in because the shot kicked off a tree :|. To top it off I lost a champ TL that had been flying perfect lately :wall: not the best day, but was still much better than being at work. Silver linings and whatnot.

Okay so on my weekly I was +4, made a nice little run of birdies to get back to +1. Next hole has a hill about 10 feet higher than the tee and then it flattens out for about 250 feet-- I throw a forehand roller and run up the hill a bit to watch it finish.. PARKED, less than 5 feet from the basket. Some hispanic family comes by and the kid picks up my disc and begins to try to throw it back, after tons of screaming he finally puts the disc down but not where it was (easily 15 feet further).

I asked if I could put it where it was and the people on my card say no and that it's still in the circle etc. I chain out and my round falls to complete ****. Bastard.

I'm a bit annoyed to be honest. That birdie would have evened me out, instead I felt like I had a psychological barrier holding me back the rest of the round. Oh well, gotta have a stronger mental game I suppose~

Okay so on my weekly I was +4, made a nice little run of birdies to get back to +1. Next hole has a hill about 10 feet higher than the tee and then it flattens out for about 250 feet-- I throw a forehand roller and run up the hill a bit to watch it finish.. PARKED, less than 5 feet from the basket. Some human family comes by and the kid picks up my disc and begins to try to throw it back, after tons of screaming he finally puts the disc down but not where it was (easily 15 feet further).

I asked if I could put it where it was and the people on my card say no and that it's still in the circle etc. I chain out and my round falls to complete ****. Bastard.

I'm a bit annoyed to be honest. That birdie would have evened me out, instead I felt like I had a psychological barrier holding me back the rest of the round. Oh well, gotta have a stronger mental game I suppose~

The group you were playing with are A holes.
:popcorn:

Gaaaaaaah. Last time out I shot a personal best by 6 strokes. This time the wind was swirling and it destroyed me on a few open holes. On my first round I gave those 6 strokes back (short tees). On my round from mid tees I shot a personal worst by 2 strokes. :(

To find the positive though - after getting destroyed on a few long open holes I was for once happy to be on the tight wooded holes in the middle of the course and hit quite a few nice shots in the woods. Then the first 2 holes out of the woods had a nice strong tailwind and I just crushed a few leopard shots reaching 564 feet in 2 shots (my normal leo drives are ~200-225). It was great watching the wind just take it.

...then the last 3 holes were into a nasty swirling headwind.

Lost 3 discs in the first 5 holes, 2 of them rather inexplicably. Could have lost 2 more on the 6th hole, but for determined recovery efforts. I figured, at this pace, if I was playing the full 24-holes on this course, I'd run out of discs.

(Luckily, they're on a private course and I have a decent chance of finding at least some of them this weekend).

Tried the advice on mids I received earlier this week. Used both a Comet and a Buzz and shaved three strokes each off two 9-hole rounds.

That Comet does surely fly straight ...

~ edd

Played my first PDGA sanctioned 'league' round and won my division! :clap:

That would've really been an accomplishment if there had been more than one other guy in the Intermediate division, who has just come back to the game, and shot his personal best anyway. :eek:

went to the valley DGC and played a few rounds. my first round i threw well, i putted poorly.

i also left another god **** disc in the middle of the god **** fairway and of course it was gone by the time i came to my god **** senses and ran back to get it.

my second round started off quite well, was -3 until we cut it short through 7 holes and looped to meet up with some other people.

Tried the advice on mids I received earlier this week. Used both a Comet and a Buzz and shaved three strokes each off two 9-hole rounds.

That Comet does surely fly straight ...

~ edd

Comet Comet Comet Comet Comet Comet Comet Comet Comet Comet

I've got another one on order, because you can never have too many.

Played my first PDGA sanctioned 'league' round and won my division! :clap:

That would've really been an accomplishment if there had been more than one other guy in the Intermediate division, who has just come back to the game, and shot his personal best anyway. :eek:

Oh no, you kicked his seasoned butt, that's what happened.

Lost Creek in Superior,NE. First round my driving was a little off, putting was pretty good. Second round was kind of a speed round of because I was running out of daylight but my drives came back to normal, putting still good and no fallen soldiers on the course today. Rd1: -0 Rd2:-5 both from the white tees.

eeeeeeeh.

i've had worse rounds. i've also had much better rounds.

on the plus side, got to throw with another member from DGCR! brokenshoulder was showing me why you putt for dough, haha. deadly with those pures.

Last edited:
shot +2 both rounds. on the tunnel hole i took a 6 second round. not because i had to chip my way down the fairway but because i 4 putted. i had no problems getting to the basket. but the wind was blowing hard. and i had two terrible roll aways. i about left my bag on the course and gave up disc golf. i was at -2 before that hole too and the tunnel is on hole number 6. it was truly a sight to behold

I didn't put my disc in the creek and it was slightly less windy than usual. It was a good day. I also made good progress on my backhand. I have thrown exclusively forehand for my whole disc golf career and am starting to develope a backhand to be a more complete player.

eeeeeeeh.

i've had worse rounds. i've also had much better rounds.

on the plus side, got to throw with another member from DGCR! brokenshoulder was showing me why you putt for dough, haha. deadly with those pures.

Thanks for showing me around The Valley. It's some of what I remember and a lot of new stuff. I guess it's kind of a milestone for me though - first dgcr member I've thrown with. :thmbup:

As for the rounds...still working the rust out. Still had my bad shots/moments, but it felt like fewer of them so it's progress. Not sure I'd say deadly with the putting, but I've done worse. All in all, a good day, especially considering I'm stuffed full of prime rib.

Played rounds from 2 tees (mid & short) and beat my personal best by 3 & 2 strokes respectively - including a bird on a hole I've never birdied before. :)

PB on an old course and a great first round on a new course today, including a great start, birdie-par-birdie on the extremely technical course I'd never played before.

Status
Not open for further replies.