• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great day: my daughter had a vocal workshop near Columbus, so I bagged two nine holers, & an 18 (playing each twice) before lunch & still had time to revisit another for a round to write a review. Essentially played 90 holes in 238 shots. Kept it fun, from the short tees, but only threw one 'four' the whole way!

Had a great day: my daughter had a vocal workshop near Columbus, so I bagged two nine holers, & an 18 (playing each twice) before lunch & still had time to revisit another for a round to write a review. Essentially played 90 holes in 238 shots. Kept it fun, from the short tees, but only threw one 'four' the whole way!

I gotta get a car with good gas mileage so sisyphus doesn't pass me up on the courses played stats. I'm feeling the heat and still need to play courses near Lexington and Knoxville.

did some fieldwork. it was actually incredibly frustrating at first and i nearly rage-quite in exasperation. i've been having some driving issues, both distance and control-wise.

i kinda figured it out; it helps me immensely just to line up with my shoulder to the target with my hips closed; almost like i'm aiming slightly to the left. i realized that if i start my runup toward the target i struggle to close my hips and transfer the momentum. started from a closed position and they were zooming out of my hand again. put the dx teebird out to 390-400' and the PPD out to 410-415'; the icon patriot wasn't far behind. granted, i did have about a 5-8mph tailwind.

i was just happy to officially re-break the 400' barrier that had been plaguing me as of late and be able to measure it on a field. i know distance isn't everything, but when your game is off sometimes it's nice just to go out to a field and self-validate. :) i feel like i can put the max distance drivers back in without doubting the benefits.

I gotta get a car with good gas mileage so sisyphus doesn't pass me up on the courses played stats. I'm feeling the heat and still need to play courses near Lexington and Knoxville.

Let's carpool!! :p

Don't worry, none of us will ever catch Martin Dewgarita :clap:

Shot my first 1000 rated (1026 unofficial) a 53 on oak island to make the push from the third card (12th place) to tie for second. After a poor showing at tall grass.

Played 18 + 9 holes today at a small local tournament in Virpiniemi DGP. Tough course both physically and technically, and there was also ice on a few tight fairways that caused even fairly good throws to skip off into the woods... pretty frustrating. At least I had a great run of scores for a few holes during the final nine, otherwise not much to write home about.

i keep losing discs. its pissing me off. yesterday i lost my damn 1x beast. the day before a champ valk and the day before that it was my glo destroyer. ALL under leaves in open areas. WTF!?!

other than this lost plastic curse im under, ive been throwing well and putting pretty solid. it seems my rollers are going to be in my bag this season after being dormant all last year. yesterday i threw another 500 ft +roller to get me a 35 ft 3 putt pin high on a 900 ft hole for the 3. i missed my putt but this proves it can definitely be done. beautiful day of disc!!!

Played great! Had a one over, an even, and a 3 under in three rounds. Dialed in my Krait, and got a call on my favorite disc that I lost on Thursday.

Today's round was a mixed bag. I wasn't anywhere near consistent off the tee, with most shots ending up in places I didn't want them. Either pulled to the right, thrown nose down, anhyzer that never came back or some other thing kept me spraying discs left and right. The on hole 9 (354ft) I parked my Champ Teebird 10 ft from the basket for an easy birdie. Finally my game was coming together! Nope. Luckily my approaches were on point, other wise my +2 would have been a +6 really quick. Still could have made even or -1 because of a few two putts on various holes, but I'm just not that good outside of 15-20 ft. As soon as it gets that far out I feel like I'm pretty much laying up.

Me and my partner won our club doubles league today with a -4 (51) at Peter Pan. We left a lot more birdies out there early and my drives were horrible but he parked a few holes and I hit about 4 birdie putts in the 20-35 foot range. We only had one bogey on #15 the 515 foot par three. Good enough to win. Not a ton of people out playing today with the holiday. Got a singles points league at 330 Jones West I think I'll go play just to get in a little extra work.

i keep losing discs. its pissing me off. yesterday i lost my damn 1x beast. the day before a champ valk and the day before that it was my glo destroyer. ALL under leaves in open areas. WTF!?!
Is your area known for disc thieves? :\

STILL doinking the front of the basket on putts. other than that, okay.

we had a warm day so i finally got to see how my OG wizards feel in the heat. may have to pick up a couple softs for putting again in the warmth.

Freaky fact of the day: I actually didn't play today. :eek:
Sunny, calm, mid-70's. But my folks came in from out of town for Easter, and though we're not a religious bunch, it was an awesomely nice day to spend with family.

I'll make up for it & play Lincoln Ridge tomorrow after work, though! ;)

I played my third round of the year yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. 970 rated round after not playing for two months was a total blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts