• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 3 rounds at my local course today in prep for my first sanctioned tourney. Played each of the three tees....and tied my record from the mids, beat it by 2 from both the long & short. Go figure. I'm assuming I just wasted all my good mojo and will now find every tree this Saturday. :)

I played pretty well, actually. I recently pared my bag down to 8 discs, and was using a new putter, so I'm a bit surprised I did as well as I did. Wasn't OATing my stuff, no troubles with shot selection, I like this minimalist nonsense. I did miss my V.P. on one hole, but I'll just have to figure out a new line :p Shot a 56, which is better than average, and 1 under course par. Was even making short/average putts, which is new for me :p Missed a couple dumb ones though. All in all it was good, though.

despite losing 4 discs yesterday, i shot pretty well the round before that happened.

shot -5 at oakwood with 3 bogeys. very encouraging because i have not been throwing well this year. perhaps i am finally settling in now that my bag is set.

I played pretty well, actually. I recently pared my bag down to 8 discs, and was using a new putter, so I'm a bit surprised I did as well as I did. Wasn't OATing my stuff, no troubles with shot selection, I like this minimalist nonsense. I did miss my V.P. on one hole, but I'll just have to figure out a new line :p Shot a 56, which is better than average, and 1 under course par. Was even making short/average putts, which is new for me :p Missed a couple dumb ones though. All in all it was good, though.

saw that 56 come through on discgolfscene :hfive:

played pretty good today

I was visiting the Lexington, Ky area and played Shillito Park 18 hole course, which I have played a couple times before. Par is 60, I threw a respectable(for me) 57.

despite losing 4 discs yesterday, i shot pretty well the round before that happened.

shot -5 at oakwood with 3 bogeys. very encouraging because i have not been throwing well this year. perhaps i am finally settling in now that my bag is set.

should mention i play the course as all 3's. here on dgcr par is listed as 58.

played with my usual gstarrr aviarD today and i must say i am liking not carrying a bag

got a quick spin in this morning...-4 over 9. Made every putt in the circle...and tied my personal best. Gonna get that damn 5th one sooner or later...

Probably my best round ever. -8 at Acorn (Roseville). Parred the first hole, birdied the next seven, carded a 3 on a hole that should be a par 4, blew consecutive birdied attempts, recovered from a horrendous opening drive to save par, birdied the next, blew another birdie attempt, carded a birdie on the next, blew yet another birdie, and finished with a 4 on another hole that legitimately should be a par 4 (played everything as 3 for scoring sake).

Best score ever. I simply played my game and hit my lines, not doing anything heroic. The drives were just going where they were supposed to, leaving me with medium difficultly putts. For the first half of the course I could not miss a putt, which helped with my confidence the rest of the round so when the putting did go away, I was simply protecting an already great score instead of pressing. I could have been at least 12 or 13 down, but 8 down is considerably better than my previous of 5 down.

Best 18 ever... 73... tho on the White course at Hyland Orchards... so twas "easier"...
I'm still mystified that I can have an incredible and appropriate first throw and still wind up even on a basket with others in the group that had terrible first throws...

Played Seneca Creek after work on Friday. Opening up my stance and shortening my reach-back resulted in better accuracy and better distance. I actually over-threw #10B from the short tee (350' downhill anny), only to find out that the basket was in C. :doh:

Oh, well - still the first time I have over-thrown that basket position. :thmbup:

Played the Par 39x5 in Chillicothe Ohio today, and did great. Even if it's short, shortened for three of the five rounds, and not too gruelling, I'm proud of going 64/65 holes bogey free and notching a total of 166 strokes (-29). Took Adv Masters from some really great guys to play with. Wish we could all have won!

Played in my first sanctioned tourney - a trophy only c tier and went with rec....I think I picked the wrong division. Playing at my 2 home courses and those in the division (only 4 of us) aren't used to the course and really struggled with it. I managed to shoot a personal best the first round and 3 off my best on the harder course the 2nd round and with 18 to go am up by a lot. Oh well...glad its trophy only...and up to int next time.

Pretty good. Had a rough start, no warm up and a long night last night. Once I got in the groove I was putting pretty solid. Nearly sank a ~80' anhyzer jump putt at Angry Beaver, and did sink a long jump putt at Winget. Nearly got an ace at Hornets Nest. Really enjoyed that course, very nice balance of wooded and open shots. Parked a good amount of holes my first time throwing them, which always feels nice. Had a few others that got away from me but overall I felt good about my two rounds at new courses.

Played kind of crappy today at Evans Park. Had some good shots and some bad ones as usual, made and missed some putts. I was intending to make a form analysis video but I was throwing like crap, so hopefully I'll work out the kinks and then finally make a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.