• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot a chit round at calvary. so i thought why not add to the frustration and play a quick round at hidden lake. was running out of daylight so i played the shorts. that course is a lot different from the shorts. shot +5. when i play from the longs i shoot +20 ish

I found just about every tree/bush out on my first round. The second round played much better but my putter was attracted to the basket not the chains!

Another great, fun day at the Winter Warriors charity doubles series. I drew a great partner and we had a fun card. My team ended up nine down, which I'm happy with it at the Bailey course.

Most of all, we had a ton of fun. Isn't that what it's all about?

Played 27 from the short tees and 9 from the long tees at Seneca Creek. Gorgeous, breezy fall weather.

Still getting sporadically improved distance on my drives, which does make finding the disc trickier. Had a couple of holes where the disc buried itself under leaves 30' past where I normally land.

Had some nice throws when larger groups let me play through. Pured the fairway on #6B, a narrow 325' hallway, but missed the 35-foot putt. I usually screw up this drive, so it was nice to have witnesses for one of the rare occasions when I hit the line. Playing through another group I landed 30' right on #25C, a 350' downhill hyzer, but again missed the putt.

Hmm, maybe I should work on my putting, too. :rolleyes:

I got a rare birdie on #18B, a 276' uphill anhyzer that I usually don't reach. The drive was pin-high left, and the putt was an ugly duck no-chains-required 35-footer. Hey, they all count.

I played our collegiate nationals qualifier at hornets nest today. during singles I had quite the frustrating round. I got off every tee great but could not convert on the putts. I only made one mistake off the tee and missed that one fairway. But I finished with a 60 which is 2 over par. But here's the thing, I missed 11 putts inside the circle, 8 were for birdies, and I missed two putts from 40ish feet for birds as well. quite frustrating. However I eagled hole 12 for the first time ever during the round which was cool. I'm thinking the round will be rated 920-940ish

Today was the most frustrating day. I scored a 0, no bogies, no birdies, just straight par the whole round. Now of I would have hit all my putts I could have had a -8.
Frustrated, I decided to play through again, and came up with a big fat 0, no bogies, no birdies, if I would have hit all my putts it would have been -3, so technically I played worse the second time around.
Seriously. I'm just going to stay home and putt this week.

I played like a giant bag of flaming dog crap today. Drives were generally fine, but I couldn't putt worth a damn. Frustrating as ****.

Tried out my new blowfly and a few new discs and scored a decent +1 for just jacking around the whole game. Trying to season a new beast since mine was lost to the swamp.

Played today for the first time in almost two months. I was inconsistent for sure, but pleasantly surprised at how well I putted considering the layoff, and because I decided to try an Rpro and JK Aviar instead of my Pures.

Then I noob-hyzered a Gstar Wraith into a swamp on its maiden voyage. So dumb.

even at CP adams. i can dig it. had some good bombs on the long holes and easy upshots with the polecats. glad to have teebirds back in the bag; didn't realize i missed them. got the chance to really crank on the teslas i bought; good stuff. they really had no role since CP adams is basically long and open. no real "tweener" control driver holes. threw them as extras. i'll be damned if one of my teslas isn't just perfectly straight; it's a pretty amazing thing to watch. straightest 10 speed i've ever seen, at least a true ten speed with the 2.0 cm rim width. obviously not the norm since it's domey and low PLH, but yeah. my other tesla is nice and solidly, workably overstable.

Played Shawnee Mission Park for the first time today in heavy winds. Teed mainly stationary to work on technique (played first two holes with just the Aero). Some 3s, lots of 4s, couple of 5s after finding trees. Bad golf on a nice course, so it was a good day!

Played Calvary Hill in St. Cloud. Fun course.

The extra layer of clothing I needed didn't affect my driving, but it really messed up my putting; I could have been 3 or 4 under if i putted like i normally do, but I felt constrained by my coat, and missed 10-15 foot putts all round.

Placed in my first tournament this weekend. 46 in the rec class so placing 5th was awesome for me.

First round had a triple and double bogey, 3 birds and the rest par so was happy with that. Then, second round had to deal with a lot more wind so ended up with a handful of bogeys and one double.

All in all, played lights out. Only double putted once.

Haven't been able to play in a while due to work. I got to play today with a friend at a local 10 hole coarse in the middle of town and shot a -3 in the wind. Thats good for this fat old man. Oh, and that is having to adjust after having lost my trusty seasoned Sword the last time I played. (I didn't realize I could roll it about 450 right into a lake :eek:)

Got to the course in time to play the back 9 with 2 of my boys, had a good outing. Ended +6 today. The back 9 are a combination of wooded/open fairways, they usually all start with a low ceiling and then open up to a field, and then close back in to a wooded area for the basket. I had a few WTF moments, but on 17, a 544 foot par 5, I ended up with the best drive so far. Started out with a slight anhyzer, flipped up and flew straight for a good while then finished right in the middle of the fairway after a hyzer. I just started throwing an Innova Beast and this is the first time I've been able to really open it up on a hole before. But, my short game got me again here. I've been within double birdie (eagle) twice on this hole and hit the basket both times settling for birdie. It was windy both days, but none the less I should have adjusted better.

Another Day at the park

I shot +1 today on the back nine only on my 1 hour lunch period. it was not bad. I had 1 bogey witch I completely screwed up a save for par putt, oh and just so happened to shank my quasar into the river!!! ouch that was my favorite disc.

With snow on the way, I had to get out with my normal discs one last time. I will switch over to mainly GStar once the ground turns white and wet. Finished -3, -6, and -7 at Plymouth Creek. It felt good to get in some good shots because I have not been doing so hot at tougher courses recently. As always at Plymouth despite what otherwise looks like a good score, I had enough frustration to know I could have done better. Plymouth is no pitch and putt, but I have literally played a thousand rounds there and know what I need to do in ordered to run the basket. My last non-snow round of the year, my last putt, will be marred by a missed 25 foot putt for birdie. Those who know hole 12 know how easily that hole can turn into 5s and 6s, so finishing with a 2 would have felt great.

Noooooo! Nice shot though. I really enjoyed that course the one time I was there. I played three rounds, really the first time I've played a course less than 18 holes and considered it worthy. Don't know why, I just feel like courses less than 18 aren't true courses...this one opened my eyes. :)

Played Calvary Hill in St. Cloud. Fun course.

The extra layer of clothing I needed didn't affect my driving, but it really messed up my putting; I could have been 3 or 4 under if i putted like i normally do, but I felt constrained by my coat, and missed 10-15 foot putts all round.

and you didnt hit me up dog?

and smarkquart damm that hole would be sick to get a two on. ive never succeeded. had some runs at the putts but never knocked it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts