• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and played the greer course next to work. trying to decide if I want to play the handicap league that starting up in a couple of weeks. Missed the birdie putt on one shot -3 down on the front nine. to finish the round +3 did do a couple of sick rollers. Still having a hard time getting that backhand arm position for it. All and all I really cant complain. it was only one hole that really eat me up.

Just putting practice and field work today, but:

- Best ever score at the JYLY putting game - including a rediculously hot stretch where I went 4/5, 4/5, 5/5 from 9M. That felt awesome and is well above my average from that range.

- Starting to get some distance and consistency back in fieldwork. Still not up to where I was last fall (275-300 consistently with 325 on occasion). Today I was getting 250-275 fairly consistently and got my first over 300 in months. Its a small step, but I'm glad to be making steps in the right direction again after the long winter.

Just putting practice and field work today, but:

- Best ever score at the JYLY putting game - including a rediculously hot stretch where I went 4/5, 4/5, 5/5 from 9M. That felt awesome and is well above my average from that range.

- Starting to get some distance and consistency back in fieldwork. Still not up to where I was last fall (275-300 consistently with 325 on occasion). Today I was getting 250-275 fairly consistently and got my first over 300 in months. Its a small step, but I'm glad to be making steps in the right direction again after the long winter.

Can you explain the JYLY putting game? I would like to adopt something to make.putting practice more enjoyable.
Thanks

Stunk up Saturday with a +1 or 2 at Valmont (really? For real? How does that happen?), held even Sunday, and defended a high tag at Village greens. If the weather weren't astoundingly wonderful and all my homies had stayed home it woulda sucked.
Wednesday night is our local glow match, and I actually won the card with a meager -3! First time I jumped way up in tags by playing well! Usually it's because the weather inspires less durable chuckers to leave early, and take my high tag as punishment.

Went to Blue Ribbon Pines with 3 good friends today, only carried 6 discs, my trusted Star Aviar, Champion Roc3, Champion Gazelle, Champion Thunderbird, Champion Tern, and SP Torrent. This was so I could focus on breaking in the new plastic. I shot 85 strokes the first round and 87 strokes the second round, par was 87 today. Finishing -2 on the day with discs I am far from comfortable with? Feels pretty good.

I shot even today. 2 unnecessary bogeys and I lleft about 3 birdies that I should have had out there. I left earlier than I wanted to due to my elbow bothering me from the first throw.

Before I leave for PA (which is getting 6" of snow BTW), I threw a good round at my home course, Borderland SP. Took a bogey on 8 and four birds (11, 14, 16, and 18) on the back nine for a 51. My approach game bailed me out of some bad/short drives and I got hot with my 173 Judge on the back nine. Sure, 11 and 14 were park jobs, but 16 and 18 I hit 30 footers, which for me would be like Jerm hitting his putt on 18 at Memorial. Not to mention I hit basket from 50 out on the makeshift 17 we have.

Still quite a bit of snow on the course, but since we had a couple of really cold days, the snow was frozen over and really easy to walk on top of.

Played Diamond X - Red then Blue last night and felt really good for this time of year. Love getting to go out in shorts and a short sleeve tee, makes a big difference not having layers. Shot 56 which isn't great but that is the longest combination of 9's so meh. Mostly felt really good off of the tee, parking a handful of holes. If I hadn't stuck myself in some bushes I'd have been under par by a couple.

The two holes I felt the best on were Red 4, 381', landed basket high with a forehand Destro, just 30' downhill left and cashed in and 16 blue, 358', landed about 5' deep and 10' off with a backhand Eagle L for a tapper. 16 is made to play farther than measured as at about 220' you have to going over a row of trees that are all about 35-40' high so that one is always fun to snag. Did have about a 10 mph tail wind to help :eek:

Went to my short local course (Truckee River) to play a putter only round with my new Envy. Turns out it was set as hard as possible with a number of 400+ ft holes and very few birdies, especially when throwing only a putter. Finished the round at even (3 birdies, 3 bogeys) and had a few chances to finish under. Pretty happy with my round and the Envy. Pushed it out past 300' a few times with a ton of confidence.

I played good, scored a personal best -6 at my home course. I feel though like I had a couple of mediocre shots that kept it from being a -8 or even -9. I parred 1 and 2 which I can definitely birdie.

Had a painful chain out on an Ace run. Hit those chains hard but they couldn't quite stop the Glow FB.

I want to thank the DGCR crew for turning me on to the Star Orc and Pro Wraith, I was looking for a straight to slightly understable driver and between these two I've been able to score another -2 by getting my BH drives out past 350 on a regular basis.

Thanks!

More night magic!

Glow Doubles round at New Johnny, my third visit to the short, but charming, re-imagining of one of Metro Denver's oldest courses. All of them at night with lit baskets and lit discs.

One fling into the river and a few yanks wide to the left (I'm a severe lefty). My partner kept us within a stroke of the lead card. We tied with two other pairs, for second place, at -14. I came through with long putts for birdies on the two playoff holes to capture the silver!

Got to play a new course yesterday, Almon Park in Rhinelander and loved it. Lots of short shots, and I nearly aced 3 times! A couple holes I bombed on and it destroyed my score, but I had a blast and most of my holes were par, a few birdies, and a few just nasty holes that I double/triple bogeyed, mostly because of trees haha.

Played another local course slated for the tournament in April. Everything was going pretty well until hole 11, then I shanked my Mamba in to the tree line, wind carried it hard right and it magically went through tree jail to the other side of a river bank. Rain picked up, and either someone saw it before I got back around after the round or, what I'd like to think happened is that the river swelled up enough to snatch my disc off the bank and carry it off. Overall I had a good round for me, shot a 65. Last time I played there when I first started playing a few months back I shot high 70's. Still have some shots to work on before April, gonna have to spend some good quality time there and hope for better weather. I missed a few gimme putts that would have put me down to 62, plus the 6 (1 penalty) I took didn't help at all.

My dad and I played a great game of catch with a nice beat in KC Aviar...on a beach...on an island...in Mexico. I felt that I threw the Aviar very acurately. :D

The way I played today would offend any 12 yr old girl.

Played like crap except for 2 shots. Felt really bad because it was a doubles round, and we ended up in third - 4 shots out of first and 3 out of getting our money back. Of course, I always feel sorry for whoever ends up with me at doubles ....

Played much better in the afternoon when I brought my son out and we played nine holes together. Kid made a 20' putt that would have had my knees knocking the way I was playing.

Played a new course today in the inaugural Walnut Cracker tournament. shot decent I thought & was leading by 4 strokes going into rd 2. lost that lead by the 3rd hole. but held it together, made some good putts, & ended up winning by 4 strokes. my first win in almost 2 years & my first in Advanced Masters. I'm so thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts