• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from playing five rounds of 18 at Brandy Lake. First round played crappy, ended up +5, but played with a couple cool guys I met in the first tee, so it was fun. After that first round, I pretty much caught fire, and played my best golf to date. The next four rounds ended as follows: -1, -5, -3, and -1. My putting was on the money, with the putting highlight being a 40ish feet sink for birdie on hole 12 (I think). Except for the last round, my driving was doing pretty well, I was flirting with the basket off the tee almost all day; I can feel an ace coming soon I think. After the way I played today, Im exstatic for the rest of the spring, summer and fall, gonna be lots of good discin' upcoming!

I was out at Warriors Path today and only two pins went badly: 5 and 6. Of course, saying they went badly is a bit like saying Pearl Harbor went badly for the US Navy. These are mirror fairways - 5 shooting up a hill with various tree obstacles and 6 shooting down the same hill. Each has trees crowding both sides of the fairway and I ended up in them on both and just could not get out - triple bogies. As I finally get out of the woods on 6, I walk up to my disc in the fairway and just as I am about to throw another disc lands about 40' in front of me. It landed kind of weird so I could not tell where it came from and I was looking around to see who threw it (there were four tees in sight) when a guy comes up from behind me. Okay, I figure he didn't see me because I was fighting my way out of the woods. Nope. "I'm throwing through. I knew I would throw it past you." It was all fine in his mind; he must never have a shot get out of control or ricochet off a tree limb. I waved him on through and then finished my throws.

From that point on, I was not a happy camper. I'd blown it in the first six pins and some guy - who had a huge bag and obviously knew what he was doing - thought it was just fine to throw over my head. I'm grumbling about that and griping to myself about the various flaws on various fairways and just tossing away. The paths are just mud pits and going down the hill on 15 I slip in the mud and fall on my arse; luckily, it is heavily padded and no injuries ensued. On 18 I bogey and then 19 starts with a really bad shot, but I'm able to recover and par.

I grab my bag, make sure the guy on the tee for 1 isn't about to take my head off as I cross his fairway to get to the parking lot (not trying to be a jerk; you have to cross 1's fairway to get out). I* throw my bag into the passenger seat and realize I have not put in the shots for 19. I do so and my final score pops up.

I beat my best score by two shots.

Played a new course today in the inaugural Walnut Cracker tournament. shot decent I thought & was leading by 4 strokes going into rd 2. lost that lead by the 3rd hole. but held it together, made some good putts, & ended up winning by 4 strokes. my first win in almost 2 years & my first in Advanced Masters. I'm so thrilled.

Congratulations, Sire! :clap:

The Isons and I went on a quest today to help me set up for my 200th course (bagged #'s 196 through 199 between Fishers and Selma). Beautiful day for disc golf! My scores ranged from a 20 to a 29 for those various nine holers, and we didn't lose any discs. We met a youngster who was curious what we were doing at his park (in Lapel), so we gave him a couple of discs and he threw with us for the last 4 or 5 holes. Might have a new player out that way. All in all, I'd call that a really nice day of disc golf! :D

Moved up some tags, but I'm pretty dissapointed in my play. I shot 5 down on the third easiest course in the State. I should have been nine down but I left some putts out there...2 nubs, 2 cage and one airball. I also shanked a drive that was an easy bird. Realistically, I should have been 9 down and likely 10.

Frustrating, to say the least...but that's how this game goes for guys like me.

Played 9 holes today with only my champion rhyno. Finished 1 over.
Everyone makes fun of me at the course for buying a premium plastic putter but I love that thing and it's helping my form ALOT.

I birdied 3 of the holes with it. What messed me up was the last hole were you have to go over a pond and since I can't get THAT much distance I had to throw around it.

Played 8 rounds at Sunnyside today with some friends, had a riotous good time. My scores were 25, 24, 22, 23, 24, 24, 23, and capped the day off with a 20 stroke round. Finished -31 on the day. Starting to get really comfy with the Thunderbird, it reminds me a lot of a fresh run 1.1 QOLF. Also worth mentioning, the stinkpond has crystal clear water currently, which really messed with my head.

Played Rennaisance grey today- decent for me, at +8, best round was +5 there- hit some long putts and good up shots after crappy drives- but still some :wall: putts and some long rollaways on the hilly greens.

Great weather, great course, and good times.

Oh, woops! Too hard at the beginning of the season. I had great putts on my first 18 at the Junkyard shootout, but came in a mere 3 under. Better than my recent record, but not the -7 I was aiming for. Dubs was OK, but I pooped out about halfway through. I think we were -6, and I am sore sore sore. Need to rest, get those putts back together, and be ready for tags tomorrow.

I threw REALLY good today at my home course... 4under. . I average about 3 over on this course so this is huge for me!!!!

Today was not a very good day for me. It was more windy than usual and my wind game is sub par to say the least. I'm still learning how certain discs react to different wind directions. To top that off, my form was pretty bad today too. I kept annying all but my most OS discs off the tee. Lost an old disc in a relatively open park (it must have gotten buried under some leaves somewhere). I'm thinking I'm going to play my first putter only round tomorrow because I definitely need the form work. My form was improving every time I went to the course for a couple days there and today it just fell apart. I'm not letting it get me super down but today wasn't a great day.

Played some doubles today. Typical formula of starting out weak and then going beast-mode on the back nine. Problem is I arrive to play 10 minutes before doubles starts. Same thing with PDGA tournaments. I always get there as things are starting. I need to get out an hour early to get warmed up before tournament play ever stars. PDGA or local dubs. Warming up by playing 3-9 holes before play will assure my potential.

Had some good fun practicing. At my favorite local field got a couple throws out around 375' in spite of swirling wind. Had several around 350' which is very encouraging for me, since I haven't been playing much at all recently.

I also threw a few putts inside. I'm limited to 16' distance currently but normally miss about 10% anyway. Even from this range I normally have some sort of bad, lazy putts or left chain spit-outs. But today I went 42/42! :thmbup:

Played 13 putter-only holes today so that I could make home in time for some basketball. My form is still off and I didn't really play enough to correct it. I'm thinking that I'm rounding again for some reason. I'm going to do some field work as soon as possible but apparently it's supposed to rain for a few days in a row so we'll see how it plays out.

man, i was drunk yesterday.

went out to brp and threw 3 rounds, it was pretty fun. played singles, doubles and then i ran through again one more time by myself just to try and make it before dark, which i mostly did. i threw multiples on several holes though. got my giant back thankfully, nobody's texted me about my patriot which is surprising (or maybe not) considering i know they do the mulligan league on sundays. so i'll chalk that up to a loss in all likelihood; it's okay because it was fresh. no bigs.

smashed basket on hole 27 with my tesla, had some fun with nuke OS rollers on the hanging basket hole (parked) and the hole before it (almost a roller ace, also parked) but in general threw like ****. i got my groove back during the third round, figured out i need a big of a longer stride, not a shorter one, to help my weight transfer from the back. had fun, threw some bombs. had a 30' putt on a 440' hole with my red giant.

only reason i played the third round was because i felt uncomfortable driving at that point. -___- fast walking the last round definitely got me sobered up.

Between all the rain yesterday we had a dry doubles round. Started out round hot. Thought I had hit the same ace I did the other month with my buzz to find out it crashed out after hitting HARD. Took a little steam out of my by the tenth hole I skipped aced on a down hill shot with my fd. more disc then needed for that hole but with the sides of hills protecting the basket its fun to run at it fast and hot. 2 aces already this year and both coming with ace pool sure feels nice. I think the last year of working on backhand and my forehand are going to pay off well this year!

Went out to the field yesterday with my kids and threw for about an hour and a half. Started with mid ranges at the basket, shaping some lines and helping my 15 year old get a feel for throwing on an anhyzer line. Also found out I'm over powering speed 11 and 12 drivers and turning them over quite a bit if I'm not careful. Once I slowed down and focused on keeping form tight that problem quickly went away. I had some luck throwing my Katana and Tern out to about 375-400ft based on uDisc distance. I tried working on my forehand some but mother of God that needs a lot of work. I was getting them out to about 250, but none of my discs few straight, they all flexed out and then dove right hard. I'm shooting for that low, straight shot with a right hand finish. I've tried the Xcal, Vulcan, and Predator for forehand shots. I'm gonna have to go out and take just forehand-able discs and focus on nothing but forehand shots. Maybe a FH round is in my future.

Boom, had an awesome time at some doubles last night. Was able to cash for the first time playing doubles (2nd time). Got partnered with an awesome guy, and was able to contribute some so it wasn't just one sided. It's pretty awesome how much you can pick up from watching guys who have been playing for 4-5 years. I had some CTP's, and made some putts to save our birdies and a few par saves, it was a good partnership, when he didn't have his best throw I was able to pick him up, and the other way around. I was able to park 2 holes that seem to give me (and others apparently) a pretty tough time. You either have to have a long (330-350ft) forehand, be left handed, or have a long anhyzer shot. I was happy with my drive being 6ft from the basket, but my partner steps up and gets within 3 for a drop in, was an awesome shot. The last hole of the mini was a make or break for us (at the time we didn't know it), it put us in 4th and in the cash out. Now I gotta go get some practice rounds in to try some of the lines I saw the more experienced players throwing.

Played round and a half at Woodland. Was a super nice night to throw. My backhand drives were junk but my forehand was serviceable. My upshots were nice but my putting was on fire. The basket looked huge, release was really clean, and it didn't feel like I could miss. Playing with mostly putters since the beginning of the year has paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts