• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got off work early (Started at 6:00 and was out at 2:30) so decided to stop by the little 9 hole course in Mint Hill and throw a couple of rounds on my way home. Threw better even better today than I did last Saturday at this course recording a -3 and a -4 where as I only managed par on the round I played here on Saturday. I also threw my longest forehand ever, 234' straight down the fairway on level ground, using my Avenger.

Another day, another new course in a new state!
Mad props to my employer and client for this "business" trip ;)
(For the record, I did work 12 hours before sneaking in 9 holes at dusk...still counts.)

Cashed in on leaue doubles for the first time ever! So stoked, came in tied for second, and we had a one hole playoff, which my partner parked and we took the winning bird. Finished 12 under on an all par 3 course.

My putting was great, which Ive really needed, and my drives were inconsistent tonight, but my partner made gorgeous teeshots when I couldnt. Great night!

Went to a 2 Disc Challenge. Got a Shield (VIP) and a Saint Pro (Gold Line). Shot 9 over on a tight wooded course that I've only seen once before. I'm happy with it considering I'd never held either of these two discs before.

My son (8 1/2) played too and shot 38 over with a TP Shield and an Opto Pearl. He was happy with his score.

I threw last on Tuesday. Weather was great. 72 degrees and a little bit of wind. Played Lincoln for the second time in two weeks. Played much better this time since I took a Neutron ION to putt with. I just have confidence with that disc. It helped that I parked the short holes. I birded 5 holes and didn't count how many I got par on but it was a good amount. Definitely one of my best days there. Felt good.

Conditions today were, summed up in one word: skippy. Most of the early week, temperatures were above freezing, so snow started melting, but then last two days, dropped back below freezing. Some greens putting ended up more curling. Sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, -5C (23F), so pretty ideal spring DG weather, bit windy.

Did okay (-2) and poorly (+5), first round started off saving two pars on long putts, then bogey, but back to back birdies got the round to a better groove. Thanks to the skippiness of the frozen snow, was even reaching some baskets despite throwing nothing but standstill as the tees were mostly frozen snow/ice too.

Second round, missed a shorty for birdie on the first, then had a putt rally, going for birdie, carding a +3 :doh: thanks to slippery green and chainouts. On #8, threw a picture perfect teeshot, but then #Dam, meaning botched up my upshot and missed putt later a bogey :wall: . Had time to find OB twice toward the end, so there went the chances of getting even par for the round.

On a sidenote, my friend got his fifth ace, fourth of this winter. He still can't get any spit-outs on ace runs, whereas all I get is clanging of metal and disc out of the basket :wall: .

No complaints here. Played Yellow Banks in Wausau and man there was water everywhere, one of the teepads was submerged and the normal dips in the ground and ponds were sooooo deep full of water.

So I'll blame my +2 score on the water, cause I played overly conservative to not lose discs haha. But I parred both par fours and made a sick 45-50 foot jump-putt for birdie on the final hole. So great day all around.

Played in a C Tier with 11 in my division. (MG1) Came in 2d place, 2 rounds over my rating in 20mph wind conditions all day. Missed 1st by 2 strokes. On a easy par 3 I took a 6 due to a nasty wind roll away down a hill. Still...good times!

Field work yesterday. Was trying out some new Wraiths in the bag. Wind was bad, 20 mph headwind blowing straight at me. Was hyzer flipping them and still hitting between 350-375 on the driving range, so I guess all in all that's not too awful bad. Turned a few over pretty bad, didn't bring my destroyer since I'm trying to get down to 6 wraiths in the bag instead of the 8 I have now, too much overlap. I plan on getting down to 1-5 stability and double bagging my 3 workhorse slot. I think with yesterdays work I've got it down now.

Stinking pile of manure sums up my play today. Tree off first four tees, front-rim banger + chastity belt on the first two putts, pretty much knew it wasn't going to be my day after that. Despite playing two rounds, can count with one hand the number of inside the circle birdie looks :gross: . Weather was about the same as yesterday, but the big difference between the two courses was that while yesterday's one also was standstill only, at least the tee areas (and their surroundings) weren't all ice like on today's course.

Carded +10 for the first round, then, seeing how piss-poor my righty putts were, decided to putt lefty the entire second round. Despite three-putting on the penultimate hole to card a bogey, finished with +8. Weird as hell.

I played Hawk's Landing in Eden NY, first game of the year. Heavy woods and two water hazard shots.
With trying to transition from FH only to adding BH, I tried to only BH it. Felt a bit pressured because of the amount of people and the talented people watching. (Since I just started playing BH this year I wasn't confident, Last year I practiced in a field).
Ended up strong arming it and hurting my arm with being tense backhanding it.

Went for a layup with my Diamond to cross the pond and rolled it in. Had two good FH shots that put me in good putting position on other holes. Then had a 236' shot at the pond and pulled out my Xpress, went for a backhand and meant to throw it flat but ended up throwing it on a hyzer and it stood up and faded into the pond, dead center. Would have been right at the pin if i threw it flat (so I think).
Not mad I lost those two discs, just going to motivate me to get better so I make less mistakes.

Just played a quick evening round at Freedom Park with my boyfriend. Shot three pars. Threw an amazing thumber on hole 6 for the par. I'm also not the best at narrow-width fairways, but I did fairly decent today on all the holes. If any of them went into the wooded areas, I was on the edge of the fairway and woods. Felt pretty confident after that round.

Gusty day at milby today with strong winds blowing towards the bayou. Good opportunity to practice drives and approaches in windy conditions. Couple very fun tailwind bombs. ESP Zone was the hero of the round.

Played a tag round at my old home course.
Threw pretty well. Missed only 1 circle putt and hit 4 from outside. Thats not like me. The k2 berg was working.
Defended my low tag.
But I took a 7 on a hole thats a routine 3 (550' wide open I get the 2 one in twenty and four it 1 in 20). I was running up to throw, slipped, tried to hold on to it... Threw it 90° off line... Straight ob. Then threw out over the ob and didnt come back in... It was quite funny for everyone including myself. 3 putted the next hole, the comeback putt was the one circle putt I missed. Aside from that it was a great round.

PDGA league at the new course in town yesterday. Wind was rodeo, 20-30+ the whole time. Ended at -1 which would be sad any normal day but that was the best in the group and unofficially 978(which is amazing for me).

Played three rounds at Blue Ribbon Pines today with some buddies. The wind was brutal, gusts up to 25 mph, but I was fairly consistent. I carded 91 the first round and 90 for the second round, which is well above my average, but really not bad considering the conditions. Good enough to win my cards, anyways hahahahaha. The third round was a night round, I lit up a Champion TeeBird. No scores were kept for the night round, as most of my groupmates were preoccupied with not going in the water hazards. I definitely feel like I played three rounds at BRP. Worn out hahahaha.

Played weekly doubles leagues, finished combined 8 or 9 under, either way couldve played better.

But I almost aced hole 14 and sunk a 45-50 footer for birdie, had some nice drives, and most of all fun.

Pretty damn well. My putting inside the circle has improved by a lot, somehow. I think it's permanent, too. :D

Shot a 48 and a 50 at Lakewood. The first round wasn't bogey free, but I took a 2 on 2, a 3 on 7, 8 and 10, which marks the first time I've ever done that...nailed all the long holes except 17. and only the second time I've taken a 3 on 10. I am also working on restructuring my driving, and it seems to be paying off. Smoother and more controlled. Just as far as before, too, if not a bit farther.

Lost my cfr glo gazelle though. Kinda pissed. This is the second time I've had a disc fall out of my backpack. I need to get a real disc golf backpack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts