• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Someone Needs to teach Non Disc Golf players etiquette

In Sylmar, you occasionally get the family that tries to set up shop on fairway 3, even though there is a sign that says 'NO PICNICKING BEYOND THIS POINT.' Eventually they put up a sign in Spanish on one of the tee signs and it was actually helping. Sometimes it is better to cater to these 'foreign' people as you all put it.

Haha, playing hole 12 renny, random guy in middle of fairway... couldn't tell what he was doing. After my drive, I notice he set up a romantic picnic all decked out to the max. Little did he realize it wasn't a romantic spot.

In Sylmar, you occasionally get the family that tries to set up shop on fairway 3, even though there is a sign that says 'NO PICNICKING BEYOND THIS POINT.' Eventually they put up a sign in Spanish on one of the tee signs and it was actually helping. Sometimes it is better to cater to these 'foreign' people as you all put it.

LOL. Know what that reminds me of?

"Thanks for calling Time Warner Cable. For English, Please Press 1."

I love California. The only place I know of where I feel like a foreigner in my native land.

Most of California used to be Mexico.

Here's a map if you don't believe me.

I'm willing to let them have it back. No loss to the rest of the country. Just let us build a wall or mine field to keep everyone honest. So we all know where the US border is.

Maybe if the states didn't steal Cali, new Mexico, Arizona, Florida, Texas...

Oh my god! Are you feeling a little white guilt. Should have let the Apache and other local Tribes keep those areas. Because the Mexicans stole it from them. :wall:

I'm willing to let them have it back. No loss to the rest of the country. Just let us build a wall or mine field to keep everyone honest. So we all know where the US border is.
Are you giving back Arizona and New Mexico too? I just need a gameplan.

can we keep cali. im quite fond of it. Arizona and new mexico would be fine tho. Straight up giving or a trade possibly? id be fine with taking cancun :thmbup:

can we keep cali. im quite fond of it. Arizona and new mexico would be fine tho. Straight up giving or a trade possibly? id be fine with taking cancun :thmbup:
I have some lightly inked plastic I can throw in.

That etiquette goes both ways. There are a few 18 hole courses here in So Cal that are pretty much just that, DG course, yet, people still wander in or around them.

In anaheim, you mostly find those "foreign" folks playing some futbol soccer in some of the fairways. If we can't get around them, we just skip it, and sometimes use "make up" holes. We just make them up where we are clear from laypersons and move on. It sucks, it's sort of "safari disc", but it works. What I do run into quite a bit in Anaheim (Reid Park - 9 hole) and Tustin (frontier park - 9 hole) is that the "foreing" folks tend to pick up the disc you just threw in their direction and they try giving it back to you. That is when i very patiently explain to them what I am playing, how it works, and move on.

I was playing at Irvine (Deerfield - 9 hole) one time and there was another pair out there playing a round as well. These guys were the type that extend every tee back about 50' - 100' from the T-pad. I guess Deerfield was previously an 18 hole course, but from what I understand, was too crowded and a few laymen got hit, so they are trying out this new 9 hole. So these guys are playing what I would assume would have been the original tees. Anyways, there was a guy teeing off from the "official" tee and these guys were like yelling at him to get out of the way, almost offended that this guy got in their way.... I saw him yelling at a pedestrian later because that person was in their way. Some people are just playing A-Holes!

I really do try to educate those that are not aware, and keeping it cool works out, or has for me. Of course, I have only been playing again for about a year, so I know some of you have logged more course hours....

Some people are just unaware of the course. That's all. Education my friends... it works... sometimes!

Oh and Ca-lee-foh-neeah (as our actor governor puts it) should remain as part of the good 'ol union. Yo no quiero tener un gobierno mexicano. Mejor me quedo ciduadano de los Estados Unidos! I love America! Deesc Goulf has been bery bery good, to me!

Keep Cali, you can get rid of Azi and NM. I don't live there!! LMAO

^I hate it when it takes me 20 seconds to read one poorly typed sentence.

I have some lightly inked plastic I can throw in.

Hmm? I'm tempted to just let them outright have it. Although I am fond of some of the terrain and locations. But, over all I'd just like to write the whole place off as a loss. The trade sounds tempting but location makes it difficult and I'm sure there would be other strings and pit falls attached. ;)

Sometimes no matter how much you like the place you just got to let it go. Because it's breaking the bank and just a massive money pit. :(

Latest posts