• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spent the last few days trying to learn how to dye...

Roc Rocket

DX plastic Birdie

DSC03100.jpg

KC Pro Roc
DSC03101.jpg

This started its life with me as a very ugly Beast; the previous owner marked teh crap out of it, so it was an obvious candidate for the dye experiment.
DSC03105.jpg

Not sure what's up with this one, it's a champ plastic Valk. I left it in the ink for a long time, so it's weird that didn't take very well in some spots.
DSC03106.jpg

This one is the last one I did. There is a gray tint to the black, which I attribute to the hard water we have where I live (not sure if that's what's doing it or not, but I can see it on all my dyes).

DSC03098.jpg

This was the first one I did. It's a white dx wraith, and it took forever to make it look black, and it still came out smokey. But that's what I get for trying to dye dx.
DSC03104.jpg

Definitely still figuring this out, but this is what I've got so far.

nice job commie! is the guy on the birdie throwing 4 discs at once or kicking his bag?

Yeah, it's a guy kicking his bag. Someone on one of the disc golf forums had it as their avatar and I thought it was awesome. It's supposed to have a basket in the background with a disc on the ground beside it, like he just missed a putt, but I didn't think I could pull off the cutting and peeling of the basket part so I left it off.

The USSR one is an X-Mas present for a buddy. I'm working on a Misfits one now, but not sure if it's going to come out or not. I'm still working on figuring out this swivel xacto knife.

Those are fantastic! I think I'm gonna steal that murse kicking design for one of mine...it will be 3rd generation then? Gotta ask, what's the WHL? It's a hockey league in canada and Washington up here, but don't recognize the Scottie dog...