• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Starter FH disc

Someone already said this but pick mostly stable (TeeBird esque as the most OS) to US fairway drivers and find out what feels good in her hand and go from there. Has she tried to FH the Tern? If she has and liked the way it felt try something shallower and lower profile in terms of fairway drivers.

Destroyer. Go big or go home.

I would just take it slow and see why you can't get it up to speed.

Enjoy the experience.

My wife did well with Diamonds. FH is pretty much the only way she throws.

I do most of my drives forehand but I don't have a ton of snap, and I don't get to play as often as I used to. I am usually somewhere between a Discmania FD, Teebird, or Escape. But whenever I haven't played for a while, I take the Diamond out and just work on snapping it and getting my arm used to throwing again. Even with power (or not the greatest form) it can go nice and straight if you let it go with enough hyzer. So yeah, I say Diamond. They are a girl's best friend :p

You don't use that many back muscles throwing BH. Just the typical ones to maintain posture and that's about it, most of the power is generated from the hips. Moving your back in my experience gives you less power....
I like FHing my ion to improve (any regular putter will do). For regular shots, for a female I'd suggest something like a lightweight Escape, axiom Insanity, star Valk, something of that stability. That will give her good distance and stability while still having glide.
But I still maintain you don't really need back muscles to throw BH...

Latest posts