• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Steve Boucher "ending 8 1/2 year chapter" ... ?

What if he's moving on because even he could no longer handle Kilgus?

A reasonable speculation.

Having known Steve fairly well and Chris a little, I was surprised as the partnership to begin with.

Though I go back to my own speculation, that this has nothing to do with disc golf, or nothing directly. Unless the financial impact of the ADGT has driven other changes in his life.

What can I say, I'm a man of fine detail in my life. Contrary to societies belief, the little things do matter.

I think the website wording was fair game, as they had plenty of opportunity to review it before posting, and should have been correcting it after posting. The errors made it look shabby, and the arrogant parts could have used some toning down.

A facebook post, much less so. They tend to be hurriedly typed, and quickly buried.

It's just, gee, there's so much better material to complain about.

It will be interesting to see if Ultiworld reaches out to Boucher for an interview about this.

Jesus Christ I hope not. This sick obsession with these people and their company is getting old and tired. I hate 'em too, but damn let some sht go. Not you personally, but the ones still overly invested.

Jesus Christ I hope not. This sick obsession with these people and their company is getting old and tired. I hate 'em too, but damn let some sht go. Not you personally, but the ones still overly invested.

I disagree. I think a follow up with him concerning his impression of the ADGT/American Open and where they go from there is what journalism is all about.

I disagree. I think a follow up with him concerning his impression of the ADGT/American Open and where they go from there is what journalism is all about.

That assumes that he would even talk about it.

At this point, there are certainly bigger stories for Ultiworld to cover. Lots and lots of bigger stories. Unless the ADGT indicates an intention to continue.

My feeling is that if the ADGT and Salient are willing to just fade away, I'm willing to let them.

At this point, there are certainly bigger stories for Ultiworld to cover. Lots and lots of bigger stories. Unless the ADGT indicates an intention to continue.

My feeling is that if the ADGT and Salient are willing to just fade away, I'm willing to let them.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but Ultiworld did do a preview story, so a review story is warrented.

Having ran an online zine myself, the one thing you can never have is too much quality content.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but Ultiworld did do a preview story, so a review story is warrented.

Having ran an online zine myself, the one thing you can never have is too much quality content.

That's the thing though. How much quality content is left in the ADGT/Salient thing. If they're done, what more is there to the story? Especially if the principle folks involved don't want to talk (which given their silence in the month since their event is probably the case).

It might make for a good "whatever happened to" type story in a few years, but I think the stone has been bled dry for the time being.

I know Steve and to say we didn't always agree would be an understatement. From what I've read they didn't run the perfect start up DG company (another understatement) but I don't like to kick people when they are down or enjoy seeing someone else fail or suffer.

The high road is always the best road. Heading out to do course work...something positive.

If the ADGT had even mildly succeeded, there might be an angle that could make a quality follow up. But it was a monumental failure. If the silence from Boucher and Kilgus is any indication, they feel the same way, and it probably cost them both a substantial amount of money.

Any follow up would be more akin to tabloid journalism, focusing on how much was lost and what other effects that has had on the lives of those involved. That is most certainly not "quality content."

Hey, this was DG's shot at the spotlight. ESPN (3). Perhaps a follow up could focus on the impact of that. What went right (if anything) and what went wrong. Is there a viable path towards mainstream recognition via this type of exposure or time to move on from the idea that ESPN = we made it.

Although I'd have to confess, I would kill to know the number of viewers that were generated by the webcast. For purely malicious reasons.

.... Perhaps a follow up could focus on the impact of that. What went right (if anything) and what went wrong. Is there a viable path towards mainstream recognition via this type of exposure or time to move on from the idea that ESPN = we made it.

This was along the lines of what I was thinking. If they're really as supportive of making DG mainstream, offering what they learned is valuable.

This was kind of why I didn't follow up. Lot of other big tournaments going on, and I didn't expect to get much more out of ADGT than their usual lines. I don't know if a personal Facebook post from Boucher warrants a follow up at this point.

Edit: I did reach out to ESPN to ask for viewership numbers, and they would not release them. Having no legit way to verify numbers ADGT would have supplied, the story was done, in my eyes.

Last edited:
This was kind of why I didn't follow up. Lot of other big tournaments going on, and I didn't expect to get much more out of ADGT than their usual lines. I don't know if a personal Facebook post from Boucher warrants a follow up at this point.

Edit: I did reach out to ESPN to ask for viewership numbers, and they would not release them. Having no legit way to verify numbers ADGT would have supplied, the story was done, in my eyes.

I think my post was misunderstood regarding a follow up with Boucher. It wasn't referring to the ADGT, it was more about his personal disc golf involvement and what his future plans are. To me if a partner in any disc golf company hinted they were leaving, that would be a story worth covering, even Salient.