• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag and Discs on Ebay?

Maybe if a bunch of people started following (not bidding) this auction, the guy's greed will get the better of him and he won't yank the auction.

WOW this is overwhelming!! ... well were to start ... I want to introduce myself, my name is Sean DaCosta and the bag in question that is being auctioned on EBay does belong to me, and was stolen out of the trunk of my car on my driveway.

Now I really mean this, I am overwhelmed that so many strangers would take the time to try and help me out, and especially Meulen, if it wasn't for you I would never have known. Thank you Justin.

But I need everyone to just back off a little for a couple of days.

I have been in contact with the local police and have been informed that this process would take a long time ie/ warrants for user info release from ebay.

Seeing as there is just over 2 days left in the auction my best course of action right now is to try and bid to get my discs back, and worry about the rest later.

The most important thing to me is that I get my discs and bag back!!!

PLEASE DO NOT BID on the discs and MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT TRY AND FURTHER CONTACT THE SELLER.

The bag is still up for auction so hopefully it will all still work out.

Again I want to thank all for there help but please lets just wait this out for 2 more days.

Hopefully I'll be back with a happy ending for you all.

he may take you serious if he truly doesn't know they are stolen goods. I'm watching this item too, but we'll see what happens.

Best of luck Sean! I hope it all works out for you in the end. If you don't mind, keep us posted on the final conclusion to this ordeal.

I'm happy that you may get your gear back into your hands again!

WOW this is overwhelming!! ... well were to start ... I want to introduce myself, my name is Sean DaCosta and the bag in question that is being auctioned on EBay does belong to me, and was stolen out of the trunk of my car on my driveway.

Now I really mean this, I am overwhelmed that so many strangers would take the time to try and help me out, and especially Meulen, if it wasn't for you I would never have known. Thank you Justin.

I have been in contact with the local police and have been informed that this process would take a long time ie/ warrants for user info release from ebay.

Seeing as there is just over 2 days left in the auction my best course of action right now is to try and bid to get my discs back, and worry about the rest later.

PLEASE DO NOT BID on the discs and MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT TRY AND FURTHER CONTACT THE SELLER.

Again I want to thank all for there help but please lets just wait this out for 2 more days.

sir, yes, sir! I hope everything works out for you with this.

BTW, I'm more than a little jealous of all those winner's tags.:D

What kinds of discs are in there? This seems like a pretty good deal. You might have a bidding on your hands here... with me. Thanks for the heads up Meulen. :| :eek: ;)

Really great that folks in different parts of the world can get together and help recover something stolen from another player. I truly hope this all works out, that Sean gets his discs and bag back, and the person responsible for stealing it gets justice one way or another. I think I'm going to have my PDGA number embroidered on my bag in light of how this all shook down.

Really great that folks in different parts of the world can get together and help recover something stolen from another player. I truly hope this all works out, that Sean gets his discs and bag back, and the person responsible for stealing it gets justice one way or another. I think I'm going to have my PDGA number embroidered on my bag in light of how this all shook down.

Sounds like a good idea now. Maby I should get a PDGA# just so I can put it on my bag.:rolleyes:

Good luck with that. I'm happy to see that your working hard on this, and getting some luck. If you catch that guy knock him upside the head a few times for me.;)

I'm also realy happy to see the comunity coming together like this to help out someone that they don't even know. If any of the online sluthes ever make it out to Humboldt, you've got a beer waiting here for you.:D

Someone should sticky Seans post somewhere to make people read it before just seeing the first part and contacting the seller. Probably the beginning of this thread and take out the link so no one can directly get to the sale.

Something to try to help eliminate what I would consider just human error in trying to do the right thing.

Sounds like a good idea now. Maby I should get a PDGA# just so I can put it on my bag.:rolleyes:

Why not just get your DGCR number instead? :)

If Sean buys it himself i guarantee the person is going to be hesitant about sending it. His location is Ontario CA on eBay and if he did take it from there he would have to be a total idiot to send it. He probably lives semi-close to Seans house and would recognize the street for sure. Sean, id either have it shipped to a buddies house or have it sent to a family members.

I completely agree with this. When I originally posted this, my main intent was to make sure that the original owner got their discs back. That was the main reason I was trying to get ahold of him. From looking at the sellers other items, he sells a lot of sports goods. He could just be a guy buying stuff from the local thrift store and reselling on ebay to make a little money. Hopefully it will all get sorted out in the next few days and we will know the truth behind the story.
Yeah i looked at his other items as well, definitly a common pattern and not just a random assortment of items that would appear to be stolen. Probably bought that whole setup for like $25!:eek: and didnt even know what he got himself into. Either way, if he didnt steal it hopefully he will get the bag back to the owner at the cost he paid for it. Good spot Meulen, if it were my bag id be sending you all kinds of plastic to thank you!

If Sean buys it himself i guarantee the person is going to be hesitant about sending it. His location is Ontario CA on eBay and if he did take it from there he would have to be a total idiot to send it. He probably lives semi-close to Seans house and would recognize the street for sure. Sean, id either have it shipped to a buddies house or have it sent to a family members.

i am using a friends account ... thanks again everyone

Do you know this guy? Or know of him? Does he play

It does seem doubtful that the seller is the thief based on all the other items they are selling. If that is the case, hopefully Sean will be able to get his discs back (without having to buy them) and the seller can provide info in direction of the thief.

Last edited:
Seller looks like a collector. The thief probably still sold it to him or some middle man. Either way, its illegal to buy stolen property; but I just hope they catch the actual thief.

Latest posts