• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag and Discs on Ebay?

I sent the following to the seller:

The items in your auction have been confirmed to be stolen.
You should man up and contact the rightful owner.
If these items were bought in a thrift shop, I am sure he will reimburse your costs.
If this auction is allowed to continue and you sale "known stolen property" you are committing a criminal act.
The owners name is Sean Dacosta who lives Oakville, his number is (xxx)xxx-xxxx.
We hope you do the right thing in contacting him.

Phone number redacted for this post.

Uh....I believe he said NOT to contact the seller?!?

seandacosta wrote:
My gear was in fact stolen a couple of months ago and I am already aware of it being on eBay I am currently the highest bidder and have already contacted the police please nobody contact the seller because the sting has already been set up ... Lol

Think you can steal from
seanyd and get away with it come on this guy must be new ;-)

If these items were bought in a thrift shop, I am sure he will reimburse your costs.
If this auction is allowed to continue and you sale "known stolen property" you are committing a criminal act.
The owners name is Sean Dacosta who lives Oakville, his number is (xxx)xxx-xxxx.

I think they wanted us NOT to contact the seller. :rolleyes:

Oh, man, a good thing going and you dropped the ball! lol

I am poking at you a little, but they did say not to contact them.

I guess you cant read

Did you read post 72 of this thread????

Well, hopefully that doesn't blow it for the Sean. Maybe the seller will be too stupid to take it down and will sell it anyways...

the weird thing is that the seller seems like an experienced ebay seller. Maybe he is about to get busted for selling a ton of stolen goods. If you guys put someone in jail for a really long time, I will die a happy man.

Back off a bit.
That was sent earlier this morning.
No need to hammer me now.
Everyone here has concluded that the seller is the thief. We should give this guy (the seller) the opportunity to make this right.

Back off a bit.
That was sent earlier this morning.
No need to hammer me now.
Everyone here has concluded that the seller is the thief. We should give this guy (the seller) the opportunity to make this right.

The problem is, if the seller decides to cancel the auction and disappear, Sean won't be getting his discs back. Then it makes finding them even harder...

The seller has had many sells (with a good rating) on ebay. He has sold to many people who has his addy. He is not gonna go into hiding over this.

I do agree people have assumed the guy selling is the thief . . . now I know it is illegal to sell stolen property and there may be no way to tie this seller to the actual thief (assuming he isnt it) . . . but what are the odds on a guy with good feedback on ebay and what looks to be a reseller of sporting goods and stuff actually stole this stuff? I know there are alwasy exceptions but the seller with either be going to prison or he will be out the cost of what he already spent to acquire these things so either way he got screwed so take it easy on him.

NO! didn't you read the posts DO NOT CONTACT THE SELLER. The sting has been set up

oops I guess I need to read all of the posts before "hammering you"

The guy selling it could easily say he found it in a trash can at a park while looking for pop cans.. if nobody saw him steal it then you could say about anything.

The guy selling it could easily say he found it in a trash can at a park while looking for pop cans.. if nobody saw him steal it then you could say about anything.

I completely agree with this. When I originally posted this, my main intent was to make sure that the original owner got their discs back. That was the main reason I was trying to get ahold of him. From looking at the sellers other items, he sells a lot of sports goods. He could just be a guy buying stuff from the local thrift store and reselling on ebay to make a little money. Hopefully it will all get sorted out in the next few days and we will know the truth behind the story.

I completely agree with this. When I originally posted this, my main intent was to make sure that the original owner got their discs back. That was the main reason I was trying to get ahold of him. From looking at the sellers other items, he sells a lot of sports goods. He could just be a guy buying stuff from the local thrift store and reselling on ebay to make a little money. Hopefully it will all get sorted out in the next few days and we will know the truth behind the story.

Amen. That's what really matters. That the Canuck gets his discs!:p Not that I want a true thief to go unchecked but at this point we really don't know the whole story.