• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag and Discs on Ebay?

Reply from seller with edits made, will pm the entire message to Sean

Dear kyflash,

Ok called the number and the guy laughed at me. Is this a joke? Please have the owner contact me directly through email at [email protected] tell him to give me his phone number and have him also be ready to describe this item in detail. This item was obtained right off the shelf, in London Ontario at a thrift shop called Talize on Highbury avenue.
I am a father of two with areal job that does not require me to steal or do anything of the sort.
I would like a police report of this item that had been stolen, when and where it was stolen and I will meet this fellow at the Hamilton Police department in the presence of the authorities themselves.
Thank you

- mixitup-123

Dear kyflash,

Ok called the number and the guy laughed at me. Is this a joke? Please have the owner contact me directly through email at [email protected] tell him to give me his phone number and have him also be ready to describe this item in detail. This item was obtained right off the shelf, in London Ontario at a thrift shop called Talize on Highbury avenue.
I am a father of two with areal job that does not require me to steal or do anything of the sort.
I would like a police report of this item that had been stolen, when and where it was stolen and I will meet this fellow at the Hamilton Police department in the presence of the authorities themselves.
Thank you

- mixitup-123

I'd believe it. Sounds like this guy is gonna get his bag back.

Definitely sucks to lose a disc, but a whole bag...I could not imagine what a day like that would be like. I will still miss my leopard and have come to the conclusion that someone must have taken it quickly because I can't imagine where that one went on me. It's great that all of you guys are doing this, and good find. I reported it too...I'm surprised its still up though.

That's what we all wanted.
I took alot of heat here earlier today for having contacted the seller.

Some people here are keyboard vigilantes.

I believe you were intentioned when you contacted him. You have done the right thing and it looks like the right think will be done.

I still like the idea of tying to a tree and practicing our aim.lol j/k

In all seriousness good job everyone for helping with the recovery of his stuff. Now let's sit and wait to see if he gets it back for sure since that's all we can do now

Dear kyflash,

Thank you

- mixitup-123
Seems like he's going to get his bag back and that it was an honest mistake by the seller, both of which are good to hear. His story sounds entirely plausible and the fact that this is happening two months after it was stolen only supports his story, at least in a circumstantial sort of way.

In all honesty, KY did the best thing. I was like IDIOT! earlier today when I read it, but after thinking about it while working I realized it was smart. If Ky hadn't sent him the message, he could easily have said what he just said now at time of arrest. There would be no proof he stole it, and likely very little would be done if he was the actual thief. By giving him the opportunity to man up and come forward it either
a) saves an innocent man from being arrested
b) if it was the thief then he may try to sell it, in which case he would not be able to say "well I didn't know it was stolen, I bought it blah blah blah"

like someone said earlier, he wouldn't really be able to run, the screenshot was taken and it wouldn't be hard to get the address of him from people he's bought and sold from.

In all honesty, KY did the best thing. I was like IDIOT! earlier today when I read it, but after thinking about it while working I realized it was smart. If Ky hadn't sent him the message, he could easily have said what he just said now at time of arrest. There would be no proof he stole it, and likely very little would be done if he was the actual thief. By giving him the opportunity to man up and come forward it either
a) saves an innocent man from being arrested
b) if it was the thief then he may try to sell it, in which case he would not be able to say "well I didn't know it was stolen, I bought it blah blah blah"

like someone said earlier, he wouldn't really be able to run, the screenshot was taken and it wouldn't be hard to get the address of him from people he's bought and sold from.

Again, that wasn't the point of this whole thing. The intent was to get the discs back to the original owner. It worked out well that the seller is cooperative, but if he didn't say anything Sean would have bid on his own discs and handled everything when he met the seller to exchange the money for the discs. Either way, it sounds like things are on their way to a happy ending, and hopefully it will be posted here

That's what we all wanted.
I took alot of heat here earlier today for having contacted the seller.

Some people here are keyboard vigilantes.

i got my bag and all my discs in my hands right this second just drove to hamilton to pick it up ,
Turns out the guy who was selling them on eBay bought it in London at a small thrift store, the whole bag and all the discs for $39.95 i couldn't believe it i gladly gave the guy 40 bucks and split thanks again everyone who helped especially GYBA ,meulen Dusan and Justin and kflash .
without your efforts none of this would have been possible... discgolfers truely are ALL FOR ONE and ONE FOR ALL
the guy said he recived 89 emails from outraged golfers from 18 states across the US and 3 other countries some of which were alittle threatning but I told him it was misdirected anger and he was understanding ,...wow within 36 hours of finding out my bag was on ebay 50 emails or so and SHES BACK BABY!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ps.. what a story this would be in the next pdga monthly mag. "pdga members come together across North America to reunite owner with his GEAR"

the pdga should be all over that ,,,somebody get on that...lol anyways i gotta go to bed i got a tourney in Kitchener ont. tee of at 9:30 wish me luck .....:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Excellent! Glad to hear you got your discs back. Thanks and great job to everyone who helped make this happen!

i dont know how they do stuff in canada but here the seller would have got his money back from the thrift store and the thrift store would have taken the loss. I cant believe you paid the guy.

Hey, I found a weird bag yesterday with all these plastic round things and stuff..you know like 18 big round things and 2 small round things...weird colors and sh#t. anyone wanna buy this stuff off of me for like $20??? I live in Nigeria BTW.

Hey, I found a weird bag yesterday with all these plastic round things and stuff..you know like 18 big round things and 2 small round things...weird colors and sh#t. anyone wanna buy this stuff off of me for like $20??? I live in Nigeria BTW.
Do you have any Ray-Bans :cool:

i got my bag and all my discs in my hands right this second just drove to hamilton to pick it up ,
Turns out the guy who was selling them on eBay bought it in London at a small thrift store, the whole bag and all the discs for $39.95 i couldn't believe it i gladly gave the guy 40 bucks and split thanks again everyone who helped especially GYBA ,meulen Dusan and Justin and kflash .
without your efforts none of this would have been possible... discgolfers truely are ALL FOR ONE and ONE FOR ALL
the guy said he recived 89 emails from outraged golfers from 18 states across the US and 3 other countries some of which were alittle threatning but I told him it was misdirected anger and he was understanding ,...wow within 36 hours of finding out my bag was on ebay 50 emails or so and SHES BACK BABY!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ps.. what a story this would be in the next pdga monthly mag. "pdga members come together across North America to reunite owner with his GEAR"

the pdga should be all over that ,,,somebody get on that...lol anyways i gotta go to bed i got a tourney in Kitchener ont. tee of at 9:30 wish me luck .....:D:D:D:D:D

good luck and hopefully all of your stuff is in good shape still

Latest posts