• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Summer Sun: Sunglasses, Hats, thoughts

When the sun is out do you wear:

• Sunglasses

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • Hat

Votes: 84 34.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Both

Votes: 92 37.7%

• Total voters
This person is absolutely right. Having a legitimate, quality pair of shades (i.e. Maui Jims, Costas, etc.) there shouldn't be any issues with distortion. I generally wear Maui Jims and never have problems while driving or putting. I occasionally remove them if I'm in a very shady area or heavily wooded hole. Also, I try to stick with bronze/amber color, polarized, glass lenses, as they give the best optics as well as great contrast without completely dimming the world around me.

Yea but I just hate spending a lot of money on good sunglasses. I constantly break them or scratch the lens or lose them and I would be a lot more angry if I spent over $100 on my shades and that happened then when that happens to my $10 pair of Foakleys

Neither, just sun screen.

This person is absolutely right. Having a legitimate, quality pair of shades (i.e. Maui Jims, Costas, etc.) there shouldn't be any issues with distortion. I generally wear Maui Jims and never have problems while driving or putting. I occasionally remove them if I'm in a very shady area or heavily wooded hole. Also, I try to stick with bronze/amber color, polarized, glass lenses, as they give the best optics as well as great contrast without completely dimming the world around me.

^^^ This. Have had a two pairs of Maui Jims over the past 15 years and wouldn't wear anything less. Wear them pretty much constantly while out playing. Have even been known to complain to the group that it got dark pretty quick only to have someone mention taking off the sunglasses might help since the sun went down 5 minutes ago.

Oh, and a hat since it's pretty thin up top.

I almost always wear a Tilley hat. I never used to wear sunglasses but I started wearing them this season and I seem to be shooting better. I'm wondering if it's because of less strain on my eyes due to not having to squint in the sunlight.
I have a Tilly hat for work, but have never tried it for disc golf. I wear a baseball cap a lot. This time of year I'm usually out there around 6:30p to 8:30p, so it's closer to sunset and not really hot.

Always wear a hat and am finally looking into some shades. Gotta protect them peepers !

I wear a big straw hat, and sunglasses when I play from March to October, because the Texas sun is very intense, and even with sunblock on my neck and face burn easily. I get called "Cowboy" a lot, especially at tournaments, but I don't care, it keeps the sun off me, and keeps me cool. I have a lanyard on my sunglasses, so I can keep them around my neck, and I put them on when I need them, and take them off, when I am in the trees or under shade.

Plus, I customized my had a little bit. If you gotta wear a hat, have some fun with it

hat.jpg

AstroworldHat1.jpg

Played two rounds today and forgot the sunglasses at home, didn't realize how much I relied on them during a round.