• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Summer Wars (What's fighting it out to stay in the bag?)

bfowler

Double Eagle Member
Most of the guys I play with and seemingly a lot of players on constantly trying new plastic and tuning up their bag. So, my question is, what battles do you have doing on in your bag right now?

River vs. XL
My River just kicked my XL out of the bag today so that's decided.

Axis vs. Roc vs. Buzzz
Yes, an ago old question. Axis has a very big lead but I love the feel of the Buzzz in my hand and it's very easy to throw. My roc is a decently worn DX and that plastic is so nice after it's worn in. The Axis is going nowhere but the Roc or the Buzzz might not make it.

SOLS vs. Champ T-Bird vs. Glo Stalker
I don't have a ton of power and all three of these cover the shot I use these for which is very straight with a decent left fade. Stalker feels the best and has the most control but it has the lease fade. Everyone raves about the T-Bird but mine is pretty new and I have not thrown it a ton. The SOLS was going to be my distance disc since it's 164 but it flies about the same as the newer T-Bird.

DeGrasse has been getting pretty intense since the ion has been around. He really wants to stay and i think he is putting the Pure back a step. Good for him.

Hmmmm, I phase discs in every now and then but I don't have discs battle for positions. Right now, I'm phasing in a Pro Firebird, 9x KC Teebird, and an old-ass-beat-to-**** rattler. Other than that's it's all OOP Innova, mostly MVP, and a single XD.

I have a couple battles going on in my bag right now, all dealing with fairways. Currently flash (p volt), victoria (n volt) and lawrence (n amp) are dueling with my star teebird and traks for that slot in the bag. I am thinking the 150 trak will beat out lawrence, since he's been misbehaving so much lately. The jury is still out on flash and victoria, though...

Right now it is the straight-stable fairway slot: Putting my beloved Teebird up against an Escape and a Volt. Should be a fun battle.

Volt vs. Saint for the stable control slot. I think I like the saint better if I use one GL and one Opto. However, the volt is brighter (read: easier to find), and it seems to handle low lines a bit better. I need to ditch one but I haven't been able to yet.

Volt vs. Saint for the stable control slot. I think I like the saint better if I use one GL and one Opto. However, the volt is brighter (read: easier to find), and it seems to handle low lines a bit better. I need to ditch one but I haven't been able to yet.

I've got a Saint coming in the mail and I already plan to get a Proton Volt even thought it supposed to be similar to the Saint. I just love MVP overall and Lat64's Opto plastic. That will be an epic battle for me and I haven't even thrown either one yet.

Proton volt will be closer to your teebird than neutron imo.

Agreed. It is a P Volt I am testing, should have specified. But it is max weight, so that is not something I am huge on. If MVP gets down into the 167-168 range with the next run then I think it might have a better shot.

Constantly comparing rocs and ghosts, and at the moment both are in. Very similar but slightly different. I have a bit of a mid and fairway driver obsession as it is.

All of my my discs had to fight their Prodigy equivalents. Most of them lost. not my wizards though.

Best advice I ever received: Stop adding and subtracting discs from your bag. Learn how to make the discs you already have work for the shots that you need.

Once I put that into practice, I saw a rapid improvement in my scores. Food for thought.

Aviar is in danger of getting kicked out, to go back to the Ridge/Summit combo.

Distance Drivers - Champ Monster vs Champ Xcal vs Champ Firebird
Fairway Drivers - Champ Banshee vs Champ Eagle (I already have Teebirds & Leopards)
Putters - KC Aviar vs SSS Wizard vs McPro Aviar

I'm going to get some dx plastic to see if I can kick out some of the more expensive stuff in my bag. I really miss the glide and amount of shots a good wore in dx disc can cover.

Maybe this will keep me from trying out all this new fancy stuff too.

All of my my discs had to fight their Prodigy equivalents. Most of them lost. not my wizards though.

Same here. A lot of people don't have much good to say for Prodigy as far as consistency and stuff, but I love them. Of course I'm a newer player (coming up on a year) so I haven't thrown most of what the Prodigy stuff is being compared to, but I find a lot of Prodigy stuff getting a spot in the bag fairly quick.