• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Summer Wars (What's fighting it out to stay in the bag?)

Best advice I ever received: Stop adding and subtracting discs from your bag. Learn how to make the discs you already have work for the shots that you need.

Once I put that into practice, I saw a rapid improvement in my scores. Food for thought.

I've pretty much held to this philosophy as well. Especially over the past year. It's easier on the wallet, and my game has improved (albeit slightly, since I only play once a week) because of it.

Proton Volt is fighting to get in the bag.. It will kick out one of my useless discs (Valkyrie or Mamba)..

River vs. XL
My River just kicked my XL out of the bag today so that's decided.

The XL kicked the River out of my bag. But that was a while ago.

My bag is set right now, and for a while I think. At least until I start throwing better. Although a DX Banshee kicked out my ESP XL. Just didn't need that third XL.

Cool Topic.

Right now the battles in my bag are the mid-ranges.

Suspect vs Prodigy M1
Kc Roc vs Prodigy M2
Flat Top Roc vs Prodigy M3
Opto Fuse vs Prodigy M4.

I'm liking the M2 over the kc pro so far. Everything else is still up in the air.

Keeping your bag smaller and not switching out discs is a very smart movie but half the fun of disc golf for me is trying different stuff and getting new discs. Comparing discs and trying different things is just part of the fun of the sport for me. I might now be as good as I could be but I'm not going pro so I just focus to having fun with it.

I got a new Saint today and after only a dozen throws it's already knocked out my Champ TeeBird.

I tried a friends really beat in Champ TeeBird 3-4 months ago and loved it so I got one except mine was a new Champ TeeBird and that thing is still pretty overstable and a little beefy. The beat in one was a lot better and more fun to throw.

The Opto Saint feels a lot like that beat in TeeBird except it fades forward where my TeeBird goes straight with a strong fade left. I could keep them both but the shot that my TeeBird covered is just easier with the new Saint.

I'll might keep the TeeBird in there to throw to beat in and hopefully have the disc like the one I tried that my friend had.

I think for me personally, I have staples in the bag, but every now and again I'll give a new disc or new plastic a shot and see if it offers something that I like. That way my bag is getting tuned to me instead of getting a whole new set-up and being lost.

Well I just spent some good field time on fairway/control drivers and my Vibrams proved to me why they were in my bag in the first place. MVP is out and Vibrams retain.

Im pretty happy with my bag right now. Going to be adding an X buzzz for understable/turnover mid-range shots as it wears in.

Quantum Quasar arrived today.. looking forward to trying it out in the wind. Might be my "go to" overstable distance driver in the wind.

Last edited:
I've got a Saint coming in the mail and I already plan to get a Proton Volt even thought it supposed to be similar to the Saint. I just love MVP overall and Lat64's Opto plastic. That will be an epic battle for me and I haven't even thrown either one yet.

The Volt and Opto Saint have been battling it out for a while now. Volt is winning so far.

Wasp is infiltrating on Gator's turf. And I don't see the Gator leaving any time soon. So, maybe Wasp has got to go.
Now, if I get a bigger bag, all bets are off.

The understable mid.

Tried and true Meteor? Fanboy (MVP) Tangent and I have tp try the Gauge when it comes out!

Other than that..Teebirds are set. Patriots ain't moving. Buzzz and Zone are solidly in the bag.
Although I am trying to sell my OOP teebirds for an economically better choice, like flat stock birds.

I'm trying something new this year and it's working very well for me. After ten years of disc golfing, I have a small collection of different bags. So my Grip is my main bag with my top lineup. But I have a second bag set aside for trial discs. I basically take anything new or anything I feel like playing around with and put it in the alternate bag. I'll play a lot of casual rounds with that bag instead, basically devoting the entire round to trying new stuff.

As a result, my main bag has stayed pretty consistent, yet I'm satisfying my constant desire to throw new stuff.

1) Ibex v. Buzzz + Comet...
2) Renegade v. Beast, maybe even R-Pro Boss.

i just dumped all but 4 molds from my bag, but still carrying 20 discs, so a ton of stuff lost a spot.

but now i can bag 9 ions ! worth it.

Renegade knocked out all my other distance drivers for the most part. Will keep something more stable for windy days

Tursas vs. Buzzz and Suspect vs. Sentinel battle is raging.

Escapes will battle a new Volt.

Shock vs. Tracker about to heat up.