• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Summer Wars (What's fighting it out to stay in the bag?)

Just one atm

My RFF Wizards are having a throwdown with FLX Challengers. Both feel so good and fly so well. To bead or not to bead, that is the question.

No battles wageing at this minute but here are battles from earlier 2013 winners in red

Pig vs Suspect

Monster VS XXX

Destroyer VS Trespass

valkyrie VS Fury

Wizard VS Judge

Teebird VS Stag

As you can see I caught the Sweedish bug. However I must say that apart from being a DD fanboy, these results were based on performance. Losing my pig, wizard, and Destroyer had nothing to do with the switch ;)

It's funny you listed the ibex vs. buzzz + comet as a battle in your bag since I always describe the ibex as the result of a buzzz-comet love affair
I remember reading that post and thinking "he's spot on" and have even referred to someone having described the Ibex that way in a couple of my posts, but couldn't remember exactly who said it. :eek:

i just dumped all but 4 molds from my bag, but still carrying 20 discs, so a ton of stuff lost a spot.

but now i can bag 9 ions ! worth it.
I think we should refer to that as "super-ionizing" one's bag! :p

Last edited:
what!!! 9 ions in your bag? really? do tell!!

soft dark blue eclipse - main putting putter this summer
soft dark blue eclipse - stunt double for main putter
soft clear eclipse - super beat, super straight, super long
med opaque proton - light weight for tech. touch shots
soft neutron - goes in every time, in case someone holds a gun to my head
soft textured - just picked this up, barely thrown
med neutron - bright blind shot ion, surprisingly getting real beat
med proton - the ion to lose in water with no hard feelings
soft proton - washed it with the wrong soap, lost all gloss and is now rough and grippy

hmm only thing im really testing out atm are Escapes.. we will see how it goes.. looking for something to pair with my Sidewinders.. have been using P-Pd's or Beasts

hmm only thing im really testing out atm are Escapes.. we will see how it goes.. looking for something to pair with my Sidewinders.. have been using P-Pd's or Beasts

Are you going to keep your PD's as well, or looking to replace with Escapes?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

My 11x Eagle-X's are battling for fairway duties with Candy Pro QJLSs and this SICK new Legend Line Rival I got as part of the Moore tornado fundraiser... They all seem to fly the same! Or close enough to duke it out at least! Neither are really cheaper or easier to find at the moment... We'll see!

the only battles in my bag are for my long distance slot. started with a pre-barry beast, then a pro destroyer, back to the beast, now trying a 167g star tern out. :-/

I have been putting a zero hard Pure up against my dx XD. So far, the pure is doing very well. I like the feel and grip. With flatter, grippy XDs harder to find right now, I may drop it from the bag or at least stick with the Pure as my primary putting putter. Wish the recycled line was as flat as the zero hards :/

I have tried a few times this spring/summer to move away from an all rubber bag, but I keep finding my way back to throwing all Vibram.

I'm toying with replacing my Star Whippet for under-powered FH shots inside of 220 or so, it has started to flip up flat and is skipping a lot more than I'd like. I'm thinking perhaps Zone/M1 but the recently posted profile pic of the Tensor make sit seem like a possible alternative.

I'm forever playing with the flip flat fairway driver slot, this week its a 167 opto River which may push out the glo champ Leo I have thats crazy stable (for a Leo)

Buzzz vs Roc - not sure how much of a battle this one is because I have a beat in DX big bird roc I picked up that is an amazing turnover disc and a star roc,esp buzzz, Z Buzzz that cover everything I need right now, once the star roc gets beaten in a bit more it might be a bit more of a competition
Sword vs AJ Destroyer - really hard because I love the Sword, but I'm starting to love the Destroyer too so we'll see.

That's the only really going on right now but the bag has changed a bit so I'll post earlier battles this year.
Anode vs judge vs wizard - Wizard won out in the circle but the anode won out for driving duties
QJLS vs Teebird - JLS won, I love this disc, the teebird is great too but I like the jls better, it feels/flies exactly like my 11x KC pro Cheetah that I've been wanting to retire for a while.

Right now I'm carrying a sinus and a suspect for the same role in my bag. I'm hoping one will distinguish itself soon.

Anode vs Pure for putting.....
I'm just not clicking with the Anode for putting this summer. Ever since I started tearing it up with the Tangent, I have struggled putting with the Anode. It's so bad, I can putt better with the Tangent.:wall: The shallower Pure has been winning out but the Anode will be used for upshots since my Pures are EZE.

Beat S-line FD vs tournment Underworld, They both might stay in the bag. The Underworld turns right away and The FD has a later turn. I have 2 Beat FDs on stock so I might throw one against a wall two see if I can get it to turn sooner.

Flat run C-line FD vs Champion Teebird, FD easy. It does not turn.

Beat P-line MD2 vs Mako3, I think I am sticking with the MD2. The Mako3 flips a roller to easily

I can best explain my love for the Renegade mathematically:
Renegade = effortless distance.
Less effort ---> greater accuracy.
Distance + accuracy = lower scores.
∴ I'm loving this disc :D

Last edited:
I've been working on fine tuning my bag. I got a bunch of molds, gotta figure out what I want to stay and go. So I added a bunch of different ones to try on the same shots, So far out of the 17 molds, 2 came out. Working on drivers atm. Trespasses are staying obviously, but after that I'm not sure. I want to beat up a sword and see if it's a good turnover/anny disc.