• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

i went over it w/ bccst last night via phone. he said he was going to do some field work today and give me feedback later.

the best description i can give of this is a "rethinking of the throw."

Blake_T said:
i went over it w/ bccst last night via phone. he said he was going to do some field work today and give me feedback later.

tease . . .

Blake_T said:

I won't share any details...I will leave it to Blake...but all I can say is my backhand/sidearm are all going further with more consistency in one field session than ever. It is a rethinking of the throw and something that I needed. Thanks Blake.

bcsst26 said:
Blake_T said:

I won't share any details...I will leave it to Blake...but all I can say is my backhand/sidearm are all going further with more consistency in one field session than ever. It is a rethinking of the throw and something that I needed. Thanks Blake.
C'mon! Out with it man!

me and Blake worked on it today at my place, and i can feel the difference and i can see his issue connecting with the in and out.

masterbeato said:
me and Blake worked on it today at my place, and i can feel the difference and i can see his issue connecting with the in and out.

Connecting innies and outies has been the main struggle since the dawn of man.

dan is already beyond this for backhand but we were able to teach him an above average sidearm throw in under 3 minutes. i predict he'll be breaking 325' sidearm within 7 days.

his previous sidearm power was in the ~200' realm.

well, i responded to a few people that PM'd me about this but only bccst has called.

i'm tryin to push this forward a bit so if anyone is around this evening and wants a quickie rundown on the basics behind it so they can give it a whirl in the field, give me a call tonight.

i probably only have time to teach 1-3 people but i plan on being up until ~1am CST.

can reach me at ***********.

i'll take the # down when i'm burned out talking about disc golf :p

hmmm this is tempting, how much of an understanding does it require of the physics and nuances of form? I just dont want to waste your time.

I was lucky enough to talk to him tonight. he explained it to me and it is very intuitive; he also swore me to secrecy. I'm gonna work on it tomorrow and post the results. the secret technique is definitely beneficial for developing FH/OH faster. and I do see the problem with the connection and transfer to BH. but that is only from the teaching aspect. sort of.

I was lucky enough to speak to blake tonight as well. For me his instruction (over the phone mind you) made a perfect mental image and something I could easily feel. I will post some results on my field work tomorrow with this method, but the method itself is still super sekret.

it's not that it's super secret, i just don't want to spill it until i know it's "ready" to be easily digested by the public.

the feedback i get will go a long ways to speed that process up.

Blake_T said:
realistically i'm shooting for teaching someone who can throw 300+ to throw 450' in 30-45 minutes :p

That's me. I'll be on a plane to Minnesota if it works.

I can tell that I must have been really tired last night because I dreamed about practicing this new technique. It goes to show what kind of impression something that's a secret can have on you. Kind of like wanting to know who shot JFK and dreaming up the shooter.

Latest posts