• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

masterbeato said:
today I worked with a couple guys and have seen a significant amount of a distance increase.

"Segovia" on this forum and a buddy of his, his buddy was a little over 300' above avg. and i had him do this and a couple of his throws would have peaked at around 440' since he stalled out at 380' or hit the fence. Segovia was peaking power levels of about 450' in 10 minutes, and was snapping teh hell out of it,like 300' hardly throwing a mid.

Is this something you think you could work into a video?

It sounds like you know how to teach it pretty well, even if Blake is working on something different to really make it pop. It probably has to be learned in steps anyway, no?

Brad,

that was what i was saying in the point of contact vs. drive posts a few months back and the pulling back aspect is something i know we talked about on the phone a few times. the method i have been working with can teach the in motion (finding the point of contact) in under 5 minutes. i have yet to find a super easy integration of the out motion based purely on intuitive feel. sidearm has been relatively easy in comparison since the in motion and out motion are the same.

to those who have remained patient i think it will be better for you to wait... because it's better to learn it once the right way than have to learn something, unlearn it, and relearn it the right way. i mainly posted this thread in the first place to scout out some guinea pigs to help iron out a perfected teaching method.

Dan, i'll be at league early tomorrow if you are planning on going...

You must feel the weight of the disc and swing it in a arc, just like any other stick or club. I already figured out the first half of the process in my last videos. It was missing the second half or the "pull out". The pull out is the equivalent of "hitting through the ball" in golf. Where you actually use the leverage muscle at the handle to to drive the ball the forward off the face.

I know this is a abstract example lol but... This sounds like what you would do if you wanted to sling a tire one handed. It rotates around and you wind up throwing it from the back in an outward motion. This may be another out there example :oops:

so far i am 100% confident in:
-anyone can learn a 250'+ sidearm in under 5 minutes.
-you can learn to hit perfect lines backhand at full power in about 10 minutes.
-you can learn an above average backhand roller in under 10 minutes.
-you will get tons of nose down.
-you will almost double the spin rate on the disc... i'm talking ~25-30 rps range. this with the nose down will achieve MUCH straighter flights.
-throw efficiency will show drastic improvement.
-you can throw an effortless 300' with a midrange.
-OAT can be eliminated easily on both sidearm and backhand throws

I would like to know the technique just for helping with nose down as this is one of, if not, my greatest issue. I can throw a Beast, Orc, Wraith, etc. around 330-350' pretty consistently but with tons of nose up. I would love to be able to correct that issue.

Blake,
This site is such a gift! I started golfing 8 months ago and went from on average a RHBH 180' drive to a 350' average drive by implementing what you and others have contributed to this site. I have no forehand to speak of, so I eagerly await the release of the system. If it is as amazing as you say, then it will be truly mind altering as the level of instructions on the site are the best on the net. I still have a ton to learn so if you are looking for one more guinea pig that has no forehand to prove the point I am in

Gary

If possible, could someone send me a link or post one to the thread with this snap towel pen business?

I'm really excited to see this new "teqnique" now! I played like a fool yesterday and shot maybe my worst round in 4 years, so I feel like it might be time to break down the ole drive again.

If there's any more need for a phone guinea pig let me know :)

Ive been seriously considering driving up to hassle you guys for a lesson. I could probably make the trip in like 5 or 6 hours.

sheaD said:
so far i am 100% confident in:
-anyone can learn a 250'+ sidearm in under 5 minutes.
-you can learn to hit perfect lines backhand at full power in about 10 minutes.
-you can learn an above average backhand roller in under 10 minutes.
-you will get tons of nose down.
-you will almost double the spin rate on the disc... i'm talking ~25-30 rps range. this with the nose down will achieve MUCH straighter flights.
-throw efficiency will show drastic improvement.
-you can throw an effortless 300' with a midrange.
-OAT can be eliminated easily on both sidearm and backhand throws

I would like to know the technique just for helping with nose down as this is one of, if not, my greatest issue. I can throw a Beast, Orc, Wraith, etc. around 330-350' pretty consistently but with tons of nose up. I would love to be able to correct that issue.
Exact same boat, eagly looking forward to the release of the seekret.

So I had the chance to play on Sunday and get some more input from Brad. I found that I have to keep my wrist a little more tensed. I have been letting it break down so much that when my arm is extended close to the "hit" that the back of my hand was still pointing at the target. Keeping it tighter allowed more tendon bounce and a harder hit that was on time for everything. The best drive of the day was on a 380' hole with the pin about 15' up slope. I've only managed to get it close to the pin a few times before but they were honestly flukes. This time my wraith hyzer flipped flat immediately and was dead straight. If flat probably would have gone 430' with just a little fade at the end.

I'll say this about what Blake and Brad are talking about. It's almost impossible to teach. You have to learn it by feeling the disc's weight come around. But once you get it, you know what to do every time. You have to feel the weight of the disc rotating around from the back and coming to the front.

I'm more interested in this:

Blake_T said:
you can learn to hit perfect lines backhand at full power in about 10 minutes.
than I am in getting more distance. I have to throw about 80% to be really accurate, and even then I'm not always sure that I'm going to hit my line.

emiller3 said:
I'm more interested in this:

Blake_T said:
you can learn to hit perfect lines backhand at full power in about 10 minutes.
than I am in getting more distance. I have to throw about 80% to be really accurate, and even then I'm not always sure that I'm going to hit my line.

Aye, I must agree that I want the extreme nose down and perfect lines the most, I think I'm on the way to 500+ anyway, threw a pro d challenger 374' the other day, just need to get that happen on request and then make it happen with drivers :p

working the kinks out.

the MCL and LCL in my right knee have deteriorated to the point where i can't play more than once a week. currently trying to do hands on lesson-work with players to see what works and what doesn't...

basically, ironing things out.

the sidearm/overhand method is ready to go. the backhand is still needing some work

well... i did a lesson today and i found the breakthrough connection i was searching for.

i personally haven't done a lot of throwing with it in mind yet but i'm 99% certain it will be successful. oddly enough, i did in a similar way to dan's method but i found the drill i needed by accident (during the final 10 minutes of the lesson).

i would give it a week or so to have some serious feedback and a possibly a script for some brief video work.