• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

I'd be down for that! Brent Hambrick Memorial is a pretty sweet course. If you guys every go there, i'd try to meet up with you for a dominant session!

Cool vid, nice looking course. nice 2 on 12.

the shock you threw on 15 i think... was it a FR or a newer run? it flew a lot like those OLF's you used to rock. if it's a newer run are they breaking in like those OLF's?

Hole 17 was the best drive by far,tough hole,made to look easy by his drive. 12down I highly doubt it,but a good vid none the less.

Cool vid, nice looking course. nice 2 on 12.

the shock you threw on 15 i think... was it a FR or a newer run? it flew a lot like those OLF's you used to rock. if it's a newer run are they breaking in like those OLF's?

New run. It was breaking in nice until I tossed it into the water at my home course. Replaced with pink.

blind pilot: I was real surprised with my drive on 17, turned out better than I thought it would when I let go. Felt good coming into this round, the front side makes a good warm up. I did take a mulligan on 6 and one of the new wooded holes, forget which one. Threw two extra shots on 12 also because I thought my first drive sucked, but it ended up being way better than I thought.

The redesign is awesome, and pretty much every bad thing about the original design was fixed with it. The locals did one hell of a job with it, especially the full length tees. I had only played Hudson once before back when I was newer and the tees were still 3 feet long. Its come a long way.

Your friends are catching up to your skill level-- lol! Your one boy from the other videos seems to really be improving this year... These courses always look really fun too nice mix of shots'

Zone's out of the bag, eh? Care to explain (if you haven't already)?

Yup.

I originally bagged it because my Vector wasn't as overstable as I wanted in my OS mid. The Zone was a bit more OS than I wanted, but it held up winds my Vector wouldn't so it was doing the job for the time being. I liked it but it wasn't 100% what I was looking for.

The Tensor is what I needed. Compared to the Zone it has better glide and gets D more easily, and requires less room to compensate for the fade. It also holds up to winds that flipped my Vectors and can take a full power drive into a headwind without turning.

The Tensor basically combined what I liked about the last two discs I had in that slot without the parts I didn't like. Has pretty good glide and D like my old Vectors, but handles wind and FH OAT better. Fights wind and gives me a predictable fh or bh tee shot like the Zone but isnt so aggressive I feel like I always need to aim at least 30' wide of my target.

Zones are great discs, they are just more of a specialty disc than a go to OS mid for me. Just like I use my Shocks as my go to OS driver and use my XXX situationally.

Gotcha. I thought I remembered you were looking for the beefiest of the beefy; and that's why you were looking for Zones. Couldn't imagine the Tensor being THAT overstable.

Latest posts