• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

Yep, that was one of the warmer days we had, last thursday I think. Now I look outside my door and see ice and snow.

I love Chip's putts, he's so smooth and accurate.

I'm working on what I think will be my best video yet.

I'm doing a 2013 compilation, trying to finish it by new years. Organizing it month by month. I have all the clips chosen, now I'm just going through and trimming them, adding captions and picking out the shots that aren't as cool as the others.

How long do you think I should try to make it be? I'm trying to make it as brief as I can while including a little bit from all the courses I played, discs I tested and aces / chain outs etc.

When I'm done with this I'm going to do a second volume featuring all the cool shots from friends I filmed. That one will be out sometime January.

I'd say 10 minutes is about the limit. Do you think you can get a good video given that time frame?

I personally enjoy disc golf vids which run over 20min bc that's how my search is set up and so many crap uploads with shorter duration. Go big or go home :)

Also just like to be able to have a vid running while doing other stuff.

Last edited:
I have no problem with 10 or maybe 15 minutes. I tend to only watch longer videos if they're of tournament coverage. I'm not a big fan of "highlight" videos and much prefer complete rounds. Just my $0.02. :)

It will be a bit different than just random aces and misc highlights thrown together.

Each month will have a title, and then I'm taking the best shots from specific videos and grouping them together. So it will be like this...

SEPTEMBER

Here's some cool drives from mine and Chip's trip to Poolside DGC

Here's me testing out the Prometheus

Here's footage from the three courses of my Charlotte vacation

etc.

So it's going to be a little more structured than a pure highlights video, and be a mix of cool shots and a re-cap of what I did and where while the camera was running. I think it will be cool.

Personally, you can make them however long you would like as I really enjoy your vids. However, typical attention spans for presentation type stuff is only 20 minutes so that could be a decent target.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a blooper reel or two. :D

Even if it's 30 minutes long, people can:

a) Watch it all.
b) Watch it in multiple segments.
c) Fast forward or skip occasionally.

I just did a rough cut of Jan, Feb, March and April and they add up to a little over 10 minutes.

So if it ends up being in the 25-30 minute range should I upload it as one video or break it up into halves you think?

Also blooper video and trickshot vid are on the radar :)

I just did a rough cut of Jan, Feb, March and April and they add up to a little over 10 minutes.

So if it ends up being in the 25-30 minute range should I upload it as one video or break it up into halves you think?

Also blooper video and trickshot vid are on the radar :)
Sounds interesting!

I personally like to watch just one long video rather than 2-3 shorter videos. But I don't know if those shorter videos would be nicer to watch with a phone or slow connection? Dunno.

From an editing standpoint, splitting into two allows you to put something out for people to view/consume while you work on the remainder of the year in parallel. Might be easier to manage in parts rather than editing and compiling one long one. And, keeps the "when's that video gonna be posted?" questions to a minimum too.

Latest posts