• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Technohic Drive Critique (Video)

You may be rolling your wrist over and turning them over. But on that first shot it just looked like it came out late.
Now in that second video, that what I mean by getting your weight forward. I started kicking my leg up and throwing my weight reallyyyy forward Like that before I sprained my ankle, Nd noticed a significant increase in distance. Did u notice a big difference whenyou threw.yourself forward like that?
Yeah, theres a little bit of timing needed adjusted, and I might be rolling the wrist a little. Definately got a little more distance. Like I said, I got the Blaze out where Id normally get the Pred.

you're still grabbing your disc with the off hand :|

put it in your pocket and really focus on that reachback

Your weight's more forward which is good but your pull is still not straight at all, you need to get that elbow up and lead with it more and more reach back.

One thing at a time fellas.

but is he showing balance?

Funny enough, the one where I had my leg up for a while, I placed it down, the other one, Im not so sure

I don't know about the form, but based on the 2nd set of videos and today's events in London, I don't think I can even speak to you again! I might even have to put you on ignore!
Good day sir!

You're opening your shoulders too early during the pull. This is leaving your arm straight instead of letting it bend at the elbow to create whipping action. It's also throwing your balance off and preventing weight transfer.

I don't know about the form, but based on the 2nd set of videos and today's events in London, I don't think I can even speak to you again! I might even have to put you on ignore!
Good day sir!

Couldnt be that bad after last week, I would think.

What Im most curious about in the latest vids is, do you think I've addressed the footwork, weight transfer, rotation and follow through? That was my first focus. Want to get that down then its on to reach back, pull and elbow out

What Im most curious about in the latest vids is, do you think I've addressed the footwork, weight transfer, rotation and follow through? That was my first focus. Want to get that down then its on to reach back, pull and elbow out
That's definitely better in the second set of videos. You weren't even pivoting in the first video which means you couldn't possibly have been accelerating through the hit.

I'd cut the x-step for now and go from a stand still or just one step until you get it figured out better. It looks like your center of gravity was too high and you weren't in control even though the weight shift and follow through were better. You're on the right track, you just need to get better at it. Cutting out the x-step will make that easier.

Today, just worked on getting rotation with footwork and a little follow through. This feels more like how I had been throwing when I threw well but I am turning discs more than I like. That will be next is to try to put more hyzer on it and general control. Discs seem to be coming out faster and I seemed to get more distance if I could keep from turning it over.

Good thing I had just put the Blaze in to compliment my Stingray, because one hole is marked 330' and I would normally throw my Pred and I went Blaze because I had overthrown a few shots with the Pred already and parked with the Blaze. Not a bad disc. Like a mini-Pred

Heres a couple. Not my best throws but seemingly the best view of me throwing. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Videos comming. Technical difficulties

These last two videos definitely looked better than the first. Better footwork, better balance and it looked like u had a pretty good 'rip' on both shots. Were u going for an anny on the first shot? The closed stance at address and starting your pull a little high would seem to favor this. In general if u want release with more of a hyzer angle, try starting with a more neutral stance at address or even a slightly open stance. And then u want to start the shot a little lower, maybe mid chest level, going at a slight upward angle. Like mentioned by garu above, u might want to use a standstill or one-step to get the basic motion down first.

That's definitely better in the second set of videos. You weren't even pivoting in the first video which means you couldn't possibly have been accelerating through the hit.

I'd cut the x-step for now and go from a stand still or just one step until you get it figured out better. It looks like your center of gravity was too high and you weren't in control even though the weight shift and follow through were better. You're on the right track, you just need to get better at it. Cutting out the x-step will make that easier.

Do you think that would also be a good time to work on the reach back, or just leave that out for now?

These last two videos definitely looked better than the first. Better footwork, better balance and it looked like u had a pretty good 'rip' on both shots. Were u going for an anny on the first shot? The closed stance at address and starting your pull a little high would seem to favor this. In general if u want release with more of a hyzer angle, try starting with a more neutral stance at address or even a slightly open stance. And then u want to start the shot a little lower, maybe mid chest level, going at a slight upward angle. Like mentioned by garu above, u might want to use a standstill or one-step to get the basic motion down first.

I was throwing anyhyzer lines a lot when I didnt intend to. I didnt want it on that one. Thats a big part I have to work on.

Do you think that would also be a good time to work on the reach back, or just leave that out for now?
I found it was easier to get a full throw and follow through with a reach back, even if it isn't all the way. Once you get it with a reach back you can go to the right pec drill again if you're looking to work on the hit more.

OK, thanks guys. Was going to hit the field today but Im icing my off-shoulder. I think I was strong arming the first vid and that made my throwing arm a little sore, making me sleep on my off arm that has issues from an old football injury.

Will give a one step or half step (weight shift) a try in the field hopefully tomorrow and will take more vids again once I think I've made another stride. If nothing else, this thread will become a prgress documentationn for me that I can look back on if I feel I revert again, and maybe I will better understand others issues addressing my own.

Thanks again.

I would really focus on the hammer pound before you mess with too much footwork, like Garu was saying. Especially if you feel like you're strong-arming it at all.

If your throws r coming out anny and turning over too much, it sounds like ur a perfect candidate for some disc downing! Until u get those issues worked out, I'd lay off the drivers (maybe anything 7 speed and higher) and just work with mids and putters. This will FORCE u to release with more of a hyzer type motion to keep them from turning and burning. And as work through the process, just pay attention to what ur doing as opposed to what u were doing. Keep the videos coming--this is fun!

The only thing faster than 7 in my bag now is the Pred, for OS duties, and the Flicke for OH/get out of trouble.

It shouldnt be a problem though. Lookin at the vids, it looks like Im just lifting the disc up to an anhyzer angle. If I take the x-step out, I should be able to correct the angle.

See the attached. Looks like Im bringing my arm up and getting an anhyzer angle and lifting the nose up. Think I need to get my head more over my disc. What do you think.

Found out that when I play the vids in media player I can run slow-mo. Very useful.

:doh: Forgot to attach the pics! :D

Attachments

• Drive 5.jpg
    Drive 5.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 33
  • drive 11.jpg
    drive 11.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 852
The only thing I will comment on is the foot work. I think that little bounce you have going on is ruining it for you. Your follow through on the last vid looked real good and I think if you got the x-step down you would be in real good shape.

I could be totally wrong but I get into my x-step by leading with the opposite foot. (From my throwing hand) I start out facing the basket, lead with my opposite foot, and "turn" into the x-step. Right now it looks to me as though you are leading off on the wrong foot, and that'll mess up any ole' thing. ;) Altogether I think my whole motion ends up being 5 steps. Your drive is happening in 4 steps, if you count the bounce.

Like I said I may be a total noob but try leading with our opposite when starting your motion.