• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee pad putter -vs- Putting putter?

From what I have read in the forums, The medium MVP putters sound like they would be nice to rip off the tee. With that driver plastic feel on the flight plate, HMMM??? I may have to toy with the idea of picking up one of those. Not sure how I would like it for putting tho.

Last edited:
For the first time in a very, very long time, I have seperate putt/approach molds and driving putter molds.

Putt/Approach - Medium Wizard
Drive - Annode / Ion

Soft Ions, one current run and one 2nd run opaque, for off the tee. FH these as well.
Vibram medium Summit for putting.

This ^^ but the magics are on time out and the wizards are getting a second lease. ions are so durable they damage what they hit more than they take damage. I bet they could gouge concrete and dent baskets if thrown hard enough.

Yes, I have a stack of blue speckeled Wizzards that I used back in the day but I fell in love with the Magic.

wizards for both.

OG or SS for putting.
Evo or Soft-Med for driving/approaches.

been thinking about putting my medium eclipse ion in the bag in place of the driving wizards.

I putt with SSS Voodoos, and on the tee pad I have a wonderful arsenal of Wizards, Magics, and Voodoos ranging from Medium to velvety SS depending on the wind situation, tree situation, or otherwise.

My main challenger sees most of both tee shots and putts. My beat challenger comes out for touch lines and sometimes putts. When i carried 5 challengers they had more specific roles but theres no need now.

Tee Pad - KC Pro Aviars and Soft and Medium Ions.
Putting - Yeti Pro Aviars.. I use a Soft Ion for my jump putts.

I generally use Cryztal Challengers out to about 280 if it's flat or downhill. If it's shorter and I need something that will turnover, I'll use a D Challenger. However, I also use a Z and an ESP Zone for short forehand drives or shorter sharp hyzer drives.