• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird, thoughts on the plastics

I got 2 StarLite Teebirds @150g in today, as well as a 155g Champ Teebird.

The StarLite at 150g doesn't have a lot of the signature bubble marks in the rim and feels soft/gummy like my Route 66 Star Teebird. I can only imagine 130's will have more texture to the rim and feel even softer, but I wasn't willing to go that low.

My throws with them made it very clear: they fly like Teebirds should. Straight then fade for me @ about 330', and just as straight for my buddy who throws farther and turns his 11x pretty easily. Great stability on these. No difference in PLH or dome between the StarLite and Champ and much higher PLH than the DX I have, much lower than my flat CFR Metal Flakes. They're juuuuust right! :)

As for durability, my buddy - I think he expected to turn it over so his drive landed way left of target on a cement... pad? idk why it's there actually, pretty much a parking lot. Average scuff on the disc, same as any Star plastic would get in that situation, no immediate change in flight. Good stuff. :thmbup:

The max wt DX Teebirds I've had have been hyzerflip discs out of the box. These StarLite were goin dead straight on a flat release and breaking out of an anhyzer for me. I'm really happy with them! I'll probably save them for the dead of winter when nothing flies as far or glides as well, or I might bag one right away... decisions!

This could make me very happy. I am concerned with the Starlite process to the Teebird, since I have been able to get them in 150 class before this. I only hope they continue to make it in 150 class Champ without making it Blizzard. May have to try a Starlite to see how it will work for me.

I'll vouch for the 150 class StarLite. I dunno about 130 or 140's, might lose some stability w/more bubbles in the rim. I had some nice throws with mine again today - hit a nice gap between 2 bushes on throw 2 of a par 4 and managed to get good placement to go for 3 (missed). I'm not familiar with 150 class, but I'm digging this. I can focus more on my line than on generating power for shots like that.

Plus the pink ones are super-pepto-poppy-pink!

I'll vouch for the 150 class StarLite. I dunno about 130 or 140's, might lose some stability w/more bubbles in the rim. I had some nice throws with mine again today - hit a nice gap between 2 bushes on throw 2 of a par 4 and managed to get good placement to go for 3 (missed). I'm not familiar with 150 class, but I'm digging this. I can focus more on my line than on generating power for shots like that.

Plus the pink ones are super-pepto-poppy-pink!

So, anything to report on how this is holding up in StarLite for you? I got a pink StarLite 156 Wraith a couple of weeks ago. So far so good, has had a few tree impacts, no real damage to report. I've been messing with a Champ Eagle-L and Leopardm both 150, so I haven't got around to getting StarLite Teebird yet.

Would be cool to see regular production run pro teebirds... My friend just got a couple from the factory store, and they fly pretty nicely..as long as you understand its gonna have some turn. They would make for nice understable fairways once they beat in a bit.

I was playing around with other disc, but I always end up with putting the teebirds back in the bag. I currently have 2 Brinster teebirds and a beat in star TL in my bag.

My bagged Starlite is holding up well. Been using it more for standstill fairway drives than I have off the tee. I'm expecting it to wear in quicker than star and be a nice, glidey touch driver for tailwinds and tight lines when it beats up a bit.

Well, sounds like I better get one in StarLite to compare to my Stars and one 11x Champ. I lost my 12x Champ earlier this summer, so I'm replenishing the flock.