• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TeeBird

I bought an 11x TB in champ and a star TL x-out
The TB champ flies straight and long with minimal fade (and it's brand new)
The TL is a severely stable meathook that can barely be thrown...by anyone.

are tl's usually like that outta the box or is my x-out 'el wacko'?

TeeBird is simple one of the best discs ever. I have 3 in my bag. And if you are ever able to get a 11x kc pro teebird its def the best ever. Hard to come by but well worth the money. My favorite disc hands down.

just picked up a brand new, in wrapper, KC 10x Teebird 170g....

paid a bit o-money for it....$50. worth it?

Teebirds are one of the best drivers out there. I have something like 8 of them? Not throwing them right now because I want to learn the Stalker, and if I have both in my bag I always reach for the TB. I think it's a driver everyone should try out, especially once they've gotten over buying the fastest discs they can as soon as they can and realize that controlled shots = low scores.

What weights? 100% sure the TL is a TL? Should have a less concave underside of the rim than the TB.

TL is 175 with straight rim/a little concavity
ink shown below. All I can think is that it may be an FL mislabeled?

TB is 170

Attachments

• TL.jpg
    TL.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hmm. All I can say is I have a star 175 TB that's overstable, much sooner and harder fade than even my 173 champ TB and harder to turn over intentionally. Might be the same story with your TL.

I've thrown some TLs that flew like new Champ Teebirds, so I believe you.

I'm not a big fan of the Teechicken, it's a great disc but my Eagles can do practically anything they can do and a little more.

Eagle-X, FTW.

it's a great disc but my Eagles can do practically anything they can do and a little more.

Been close to a year since I've thrown an Eagle X. Any specific shots in mind? Thought about picking up a nice dx Eagle X last time I went disc shopping.

I've thrown some TLs that flew like new Champ Teebirds, so I believe you.

I'm not a big fan of the Teechicken, it's a great disc but my Eagles can do practically anything they can do and a little more.

Eagle-X, FTW.

I hear ya, I have 3 eagles (2X'es and 1 L) and they get used everywhere I play...just started with the teebirds

The teebird is probably the most popular driver, dare I say of all time? Who knows, but a disc that can back that up with performance.

It may be a mis-marked disc.
They're not really careful about those X-outs.
If it's THAT overstable, I doubt it's a TL.

just picked up a brand new, in wrapper, KC 10x Teebird 170g....

paid a bit o-money for it....$50. worth it?

thats a very nice disc. i would say a fair price as well. i dont have a 10x so let me know how well it goes, unless you bought it for a collectible. i have four 11x ones and bought two of them used and were around $20-30 and bought a new one for $50. i love them. they are my favorite.

Eagles

I hear ya, I have 3 eagles (2X'es and 1 L) and they get used everywhere I play...just started with the teebirds

Seen Feldberg do some crazy things with eagles. I think he carries 7 in his bag. At least at the Carolina Clash he had about that many. Saw him put one 18' from the basket on the 507' par4 #11 (tunnel fairway) Hornets Nest (Charlottes Web) Layout. Who needs high speed discs when you have technique.

Mark

Seen Feldberg do some crazy things with eagles. I think he carries 7 in his bag. At least at the Carolina Clash he had about that many. Saw him put one 18' from the basket on the 507' par4 #11 (tunnel fairway) Hornets Nest (Charlottes Web) Layout. Who needs high speed discs when you have technique.

Mark

Thats just sick. I mean i like Eagles almost just as much as TeeBirds but I couldnt do that no matter how hard I tried.

thats a very nice disc. i would say a fair price as well. i dont have a 10x so let me know how well it goes, unless you bought it for a collectible. i have four 11x ones and bought two of them used and were around $20-30 and bought a new one for $50. i love them. they are my favorite.

did a bit of research and see a few online for $80 to $100, so I got great deal. :)

"Collectible"? ...every disc I own sees flight!

It may be a mis-marked disc.
They're not really careful about those X-outs.
If it's THAT overstable, I doubt it's a TL.

You're right about that one. Funny thing happened this weekend I was walking back to my car after playing LaMa Back and who should I see at Tee # 1? Dave Dunipace. Asked him about my P-Line PD Freak vs. my X Out S-Line PD that is severely overstable. He took a look at both discs and said "that one's not a PD. Looks like a banshee to me". He was right, after a look at the "recessed edge" as he called it, it was different from the Freak's rounded edge.

Been close to a year since I've thrown an Eagle X. Any specific shots in mind? Thought about picking up a nice dx Eagle X last time I went disc shopping.

I think Eagles are more workable thanks to the little extra fade and turn they possess. TB's go really straight, and straight is great but there is only so much you can do with straight on some holes. EX's will flex better and easier and a thrashed DX EX is a mean hyzer-flipper. I think the extra hook of fade at the end makes the EX easier to range with as well. TB's have the edge on glide and overall distance IMO, but the EX just works better as a "fairway" driver, again IMHO.