• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TeeBird

Teebirds, Eagles, TL's...
Love em all

all similar, all different

my summer goal is to keep pushing the lengths of these 3 (TB especially).

On my home course 14 of the 18 holes are within my TB range (325') and if i can push my range about 25' farther i can really boost my game by throwing the TB (and/or Eagle when the winds pick up).

it's nice to have the confidence on any hole 325' and shorter than if you have a line you can (and will) park.

Teebird (if it's in your range) point, shoot and park.

^^^ he's right

XL turns much more easily than a teebird.

Off the box I throw a teebird 11x or teebird 12x, don't notice much of a difference, but love them both dearly. I also like to use them as my midrange disc for most second shots. The accuracy I obtain with my teebirds can not be matched by any other of the 9 discs I carry in my bag. I have been getting some better distance with a champion orc, but not quite as accurate. I'll be buying more teebirds, already lost one of my first ones a few months back.

for folks who throw both TBs and TLs- why not just throw a beat in TB? (instead of the TL)

honest question.
It's a great question, too.

I find that beat TB's really only excel at super straight and long shots or quick turns. If you get it turned over it will turn pretty quick and kind of hard and not come back. The TL is better at more gentle turns and it's easier to get a bigger spectrum of lines. In other words, it's a lot easier to control how much turn you get with a TL than a TB.

I used to swear by Teebirds. I threw them in DX plastic. They're absolute money, and they carry forever in DX.

S-PDs have replaced my Teebirds. I really think that DiscMania has stumbled onto something revolutionary with that disc. Teebird straight, Teebird level resistance to turn, Teebird consistency over the spectrum of throwing power...just longer. A PD at 80% goes as far as a Teebird at 100% for me. And I throw with a lot more accuracy at 80%.