• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Teleport: 24.5mm Distance Driver

Mike C.. did I catch that right? Over 500 feet?

Good God....

Which one is most likethe nitro? When can we get them? Why does that one guy hate on you so much?

Best!

Yup, and that was on what was basically a normal throw. If I go for a silly big flex line or something with these, I might finally hit that fence in the practice field by Winget DGC. 565' with a mild uphill finish, gonna go for it sometime soon. I've heard big jerm hits it no problem.

I only have two of these right now and both are more neutral than Nitros. They're more like longer Octanes based on the few throws I've had.

AIM has had a crush on me since the first time I made a shirtless DG video, he just has unique ways of expressing it. He's got a good heart though.

Yup, and that was on what was basically a normal throw. If I go for a silly big flex line or something with these, I might finally hit that fence in the practice field by Winget DGC. 565' with a mild uphill finish, gonna go for it sometime soon. I've heard big jerm hits it no problem.

I only have two of these right now and both are more neutral than Nitros. They're more like longer Octanes based on the few throws I've had.

AIM has had a crush on me since the first time I made a shirtless DG video, he just has unique ways of expressing it. He's got a good heart though.

Challenge Jeremy to a round and film it.

Big Jerm is a great guy, but he's also a touring pro and he's pretty busy. I can't see any upside for him in playing a challenge against a random fan. I mean, if the fan beats him and posts a YouTube video then he's got that to live down. If he beats the fan though, then he just kind of looks stupid because he's a top 10 pro so of course his will. There's no cash in it for him either way and it's time out of his practice and touring schedule. I just can't see any top touring pro taking someone up on that unless you could prove you have a massive audience waiting to see the video or something. Maybe if you got Smashboxx to film it and you were already at whatever course he was practicing or something.

Mike C.. did I catch that right? Over 500 feet?

Good God....

Why does that one guy hate on you so much?

Best!

Lol i dont hate on mike at all he crushes the MVPs and keeps the edits real i just like ****ing with him like a few others around here. If people took the internet for reals we all would need help.

It is all in fun and to see who i can get going lol. It would be a blast to throw with mike anytime in MN as well as the rest of you chuckers.

Every field session I've had with the Teleport has been like this. Just casually throwing my longest tosses ever.

Can you imagine what these would do in Fission? I think I could hit 600' with one if I had some tailwind.

I'm almost unfamiliar with this brand of discs. However, I found a Wave recently and threw it the other day. Its almost sneaky long with great glide. It flies further than you think it should.

I'd like to try some of their slightly faster stuff.

Good to know about AIM. I can see an Axiom panic, an mvp teleport and mvp dimension in my bag.... hopefully they will be available in june.

Thank again mike c

I'm almost unfamiliar with this brand of discs. However, I found a Wave recently and threw it the other day. Its almost sneaky long with great glide. It flies further than you think it should.

YES you do....

Try the nitro and octane. Both are very accurate and go far. Great forehand disc too

When I first discovered / starting throwing this brand I was hooked by how straight some of their discs fly. Atom,Proxy,Envy,Alias,Wrath,

I personally didn't like the wave, but besides the point

If you're looking for a long distance disc so far for me has been a Neutron Octane. It is like a Destroyer with a little more High speed turn, but still reliable, I have never turned and burned this disc. I'm sure the Teleport will be the longest once its out tho.

When I first discovered / starting throwing this brand I was hooked by how straight some of their discs fly. Atom,Proxy,Envy,Alias,Wrath,

I personally didn't like the wave, but besides the point

If you're looking for a long distance disc so far for me has been a Neutron Octane. It is like a Destroyer with a little more High speed turn, but still reliable, I have never turned and burned this disc. I'm sure the Teleport will be the longest once its out tho.

I'll start keeping an eye on this company. I found the Wave and didn't expect much out of it. Its a bit flippier than I like to throw on a course, but the way the disc flies and the distance potential are astonishing.

What would you say the Teleport is most like of other discs? I love my Catalyst and Octane and can't decide if I need a Teleport. I get the Catalyst and Octane out to 350-360ish.

Also worried how much bigger the rim on the Teleport is compared to the Octane.

What would you say the Teleport is most like of other discs? I love my Catalyst and Octane and can't decide if I need a Teleport. I get the Catalyst and Octane out to 350-360ish.

Also worried how much bigger the rim on the Teleport is compared to the Octane.
Surprisingly it doesn't feel that much bigger than the Octane class. It has a little more stability than the Octane for me but my Octane has some wear on it. So far I like it and once it breaks in I think it will fly similar to the worn Octane with more d. It's definitely fast and fun to throw

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/six-disc-golf-drivers-for-the-summer-of-2017/
The Teleport – A Driver for the Sake of Sheer Distance

The first maximum rim-width distance driver from MVP is the Teleport, and it hits the disc golf scene with something that a lot of players can't resist– sheer distance. Now don't get me wrong– you won't be able to flick your wrist and watch this thing fly a mile. With a rim (wing) this size, you need to put a lot of speed behind the Teleport, but if you get it released just right, without letting it go too high, this thing will really get out there! It was a fun disc to field test!

MVP has argued since their inception that the "Gyro" (trademark) overmold disc design is just plain better, creating extra glide and control that is not present in traditional discs. I'm not sure I completely buy into the idea or understand the science behind it, because I've been able to throw traditional single-mold discs with just as much or more success than overmolds. But whatever they did with the Teleport seems to have given it a fun little turbo-boost.

I wasn't able to get maximum distance with every throw, but when I released one "just right" it was fun to watch. The stability tuning was just right for a disc that is designed as a bomber without being too advanced for most players. Though the rim is definitely wide and may bother those who use a power-grip, I personally hold my drivers in a loose grip, so the wide rim didn't bother me. The Teleport flies pretty darn straight for being a high-speed distance driver, if you can find a way to handle that rim. It is going to be a disc that a lot of players want to try. For some it will be a struggle, just because it needs a powerful release, but for others, the Teleport will be a disc they'll want to throw again and again.

Keep your eyes open and your hands ready to grab onto other new disc golf drivers that are undoubtedly heading our way!

Thanks, Brutus for posting that. And I agree with everything written. The Teleport sort of defies the conventional wisdom of the super wide rim. I would recommend it over any of the Octane class, (with maybe the exception of the Catalyst) for arms in my range.

I have yet to see anyone talk bad about this disc yet. I feel like I'm probably going to end up buying one tomorrow even though I told myself on release I wasn't going to.

Latest posts