• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas State Championship

Jomez is going to have their video up by the time the "live" scoring is updated.

:|

Actually Will looked pretty good. You're missing Nikko and Simon, but that was as good a pro group as you could want.

And Eagle. And Feldberg. Off the top off my head.

Great to see Ward to bring it back in after that horrible four putt to round up Jomez 2nd round coverage. I wonder if the cameras affected his play. Did not seem like it in the beginning, but a few of those putty holes he had might have.

And Eagle. And Feldberg. Off the top off my head.

Great to see Ward to bring it back in after that horrible four putt to round up Jomez 2nd round coverage. I wonder if the cameras affected his play. Did not seem like it in the beginning, but a few of those putty holes he had might have.

Yep, but I still wouldn't call it a weak field. Yes, Will isn't going to be top card with those guys present. But he's been down middle of the pack. He tied Philo and looked respectable if not phenomenal.

We use the average of the top 15 rated men in an event to determine strength of field for NT and Euro Tour point weighting. Last year NT top 15 averages ranged from 1010 to 1025. Texas States top 15 averaged 1023, second only to the Memorial last year at 1025.

I don't think that's how it works. Rounds are rated independent of later rounds on the same course. Unless you're saying a 17 down tomorrow will probably be higher, which I'm not sure I follow on why.

His round is only driving ratings down if he is one of the 5 propagators.

No one even got within 6 strokes of that score the entire tournament.

Eddie Ward. Good young talent. 17 years old I think.

33rd at Nick Hyde too.

No joke. That kid looked like he fit with the pros. He had a three putt and a four putt in the second round. If he just two putts both of those he gets third outright.

Yeah, way to play, Mr. Ward. He could have done even better without those two disaster holes. He was playing really solid golf in round 2 except for those. And it's even more impressive that he managed to come back for a strong finish in round 3.

Dr. Smooth, I think Eddie is on spring break from high school. Based on his results the last two tournaments, I would think he'll play a couple more big ones than he had planned. He's a senior this year, so football won't take up his summer and fall either.

So great to see Will on the lead card and playing so well. (Jomez has the final round up already)

If it wasn't for a troublesome hole 15, he would have had a great round. Keep it up, Will! :thmbup:

I agree, that hole cost a lot of people a lot of strokes. It seems very risk reward, but it's hard to tell if it isn't random. It is an awesome looking hole either way. Hope Will gets better all season.

So great to see Will on the lead card and playing so well. (Jomez has the final round up already)

If it wasn't for a troublesome hole 15, he would have had a great round. Keep it up, Will! :thmbup:

+1 He was t-2 through 12 and had a 20' putt for sole possession of 2nd on 13. Played 50 good holes of golf.

I can't remember a hole that caused that much carnage on a lead card. Paul with a stroke on everyone with a par and Ricky was caught smiling (!) on camera after a beautiful long putt for bogey.

I agree, that hole cost a lot of people a lot of strokes. It seems very risk reward, but it's hard to tell if it isn't random. It is an awesome looking hole either way. Hope Will gets better all season.

I think the green is a little random because, as Nate and Jerm say in the 1st round commentary, the wall should be the OB line on the right instead of being double penalized by going OB off the wall and having to putt from below the green.

The fairway itself is just tight but nothing random really in the way - just have to execute. I think with as much wind as they had the play is to pick a line that has you covering an in-bounds area up the fairway so that you aren't taking an OB drop 500' from the pin.

On that hole, the barbed wire fence on the right is ob. Apparently you get 2 meters from a hazardous line, and if you were in between the wall and the barbed wire fence, that 2 meters would put you on top of the wall. And I assume that Sundays rounds wouldn't affect Fridays ratings because the conditions were way different. Friday there was virtually no wind, it was its typical 15-20 on Sunday.

I think the green is a little random because, as Nate and Jerm say in the 1st round commentary, the wall should be the OB line on the right instead of being double penalized by going OB off the wall and having to putt from below the green.

The fairway itself is just tight but nothing random really in the way - just have to execute. I think with as much wind as they had the play is to pick a line that has you covering an in-bounds area up the fairway so that you aren't taking an OB drop 500' from the pin.

I didn't think that nook caused as many problems as the ob in the wind. What I saw was that when players went long, they ended up ob, lost ground, and had a longer upshot. More conservative play in the wind probably would have been sound play.

But Steve's analysis will tell.

I didn't think that nook caused as many problems as the ob in the wind. What I saw was that when players went long, they ended up ob, lost ground, and had a longer upshot. More conservative play in the wind probably would have been sound play.

But Steve's analysis will tell.

No analysis without hole by hole by player scores. Are you entering scorecard data as we speak?

It was a fun weekend watching the pros live on the course.

Ricky looks effortless in his accuracy and length from both sides of the disc, he'll be hard to beat at any time on any course. He plays so safely good that it became a bit ridiculous to think of this game as difficult at all, until I threw a disc again.

Paul has a very powerful presence in his walk around the course/swag, although his game(putting particularly, i dont prefer his straddle putt) was just a bit off he still has the ability to go out and amaze with highly skilled shots at every point. Day one on hole 2 he hit the basket top(after a 18ish foot missed putt on one, so he was pissed) and day two he aces hole 1(he was happy).

Paige really has a great game. Her first round was really spectacular, i was walking amongst the ladies groups and got to see a lot of her shots, I wasn't sure what her score was but i knew when she was on 18 it was something special and i got a great video of her final putt on the picturesque 18th. She had a chance to win day three on hole 18 and I forgot to record so she got unlucky and chained out, but i gave her a small pep talk and told her to go win in the playoff, and she did! So congrats to the texan winning in texas :)

All of womens disc golf has such a positive attitude and feeling about it. They play with joy and have fun despite a let down every now and again in the game.

The players were friendly with the spectators and this sport is really a hidden gem. I look forward to being a fan and competitor in the years to come.

Attachments

• 1491930838924629641624.jpg
    1491930838924629641624.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts