• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

I would think that JohnE has an advantage if the weather is bad. Florida gets a lot more rain and bad conditions that California...although I'm know that these top guys have played in bad conditions, too.

I would think that JohnE has an advantage if the weather is bad. Florida gets a lot more rain and bad conditions that California...although I'm know that these top guys have played in bad conditions, too.

Paul mcbeth currently lives in Clearwater

Drew Gibson birdies #9 509 feet with a Teebird. 30' putt.

Who is this guy?

Seen a couple birdies on that hole from the chase and leader card. Gibson (and others) parking it are throwing a huge anny line over the water...it's really impressive. Simon Lizotte threw that anny line and put it ~30 past the pin, but unfortunately hit the tray with his putt.

His girlfriend does, but he's not from here, like JohnE.

No , he moved full time to clearwater, he is currently on tour but will probably be returning home to clearwater in the between time, so he has plenty of Florida rounds under his belt at his home course in clearwater.

No , he moved full time to clearwater, he is currently on tour but will probably be returning home to clearwater in the between time, so he has plenty of Florida rounds under his belt at his home course in clearwater.

I've seen him at Cliff Stevens numerous times, but he's never claimed to live here. Things change, so maybe he decided to stay? Good for him. He's super friendly and polite to everyone who's met him.

JohnE takes the lead....for now. :thmbup:

I've seen him at Cliff Stevens numerous times, but he's never claimed to live here. Things change, so maybe he decided to stay? Good for him. He's super friendly and polite to everyone who's met him.

He moved during the offseason after winning his first worlds, I believe.

McBeth & McCray both shoot -12 today and are tied at the top. Can't wait to see who wins this one, this is going to be a great disc golf season

All i know is his PDGA page changed from Ca to Florida after his first worlds win and i stopped seeing him at the course

McBeth is originally from CA. I believe the context of the post was that FL golfers are better prepared for rain than CA golfers.

This. But like I said, I'm sure they've all played in the wind and rain numerous times. I'm just super proud of my boy JohnE. It's gonna be a tough final round, and Paul is a beast.