• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

How do you feel about the trend to have the big tournaments on these boring, open courses? I'm guessing not too thrilled. How often anyway would the Comets come out of the bag on courses like the one they had in Arizona where "count-gate" happened?

How do you feel about the trend to have the big tournaments on these boring, open courses? I'm guessing not too thrilled. How often anyway would the Comets come out of the bag on courses like the one they had in Arizona where "count-gate" happened?

You notice I don't really go to those events very often. Way to boring for my taste

Staying out for the Majestic , left me on the road longer than i wanted to be and the world's courses aren't very good for my game. So I am taking it off and going to practice for the ledgestone

Sounds good, look forward to some MJ slicing and dicing the Ledgestone courses! :thmbup:

As a sponsored player, would Discraft prefer that you play one of their premier events (Memorial), or are they pretty chill about it.

If you were to go out on a course with someone who has never played, what discs would you give them to throw? Also, what advice/instructions would you give them for that round?

MJ, you're my boy! I have a channel on YouTube and a small startup out of central Michigan that are devoted to disc golf and I reference you all the time! Fell absolutely in love with the comet because of you and because Big Jerm put his fundraiser stamp on a Z comet a few years back and I wanted to help a brother out. Your grip advice in a video maybe 6-8 years ago with other Discraft pros (only ones I remember are Dion and Robbie Bratten) changed the way I throw and I still teach it to players to this day. Next time you're up in Michigan at the Discraft factory, give us Michigan Boys a heads up! Much love and good luck at the Ledgestone

Loved watching you play at Northwood MJ. I also saw you following Holly's card at Megiddo when she shot her super hot round. Have you played Megiddo. If so, what are your thoughts? Definately not a big boring Hyzerfest.

I've been throwing a Comet for a few years now and just got a hold of a Z Meteor (176g). I really like it because it's beadless and I'm working it in as a possible Comet replacement. Just want to know if you've ever had a Meteor in your bag and what you think of them in comparison to the Comet.

Hey MJ, love watching you play and I'm the only discraft thrower in my area. do you have an all time favorite mold? And any chance you'd do an "in the bag" anytime soon?

Somebody has to ask, so I'll go ahead and do it.

Thoughts on the Bradley Williams suspension and have you had any questionable interactions with him?

Enough with the brad williams stuff holy crap. Why does everyone care so much? Is he a relative or yours? a friend? No? Then stop fishing for gossip like a bunch of teenage girls...

Enough with the brad williams stuff holy crap. Why does everyone care so much? Is he a relative or yours? a friend? No? Then stop fishing for gossip like a bunch of teenage girls...

I don't feel like bickering with a stranger in MJ's thread. I only asked his thoughts because he is the resident Pro and I am curious about his opinion in regards to the severity of the punishment. MJ is a grown azz man and will answer if he chooses to do so. If not, no worries.

DiscGolf guy, please do not respond to this.

Just recently put a comet in the bag and loving it! I throw all discmania right now and its something that has been missing from my bag. I found a comet on the course a couple weeks back and threw it for ****s n giggles and instantly made my bag

Just holds such a straight glidey line. Thing of beauty!

Somebody has to ask, so I'll go ahead and do it.

Thoughts on the Bradley Williams suspension and have you had any questionable interactions with him?

I have played with Brad many times. The suspension and stuff are what they are. I think it might be a bit long, but with him being on probation a suspension doesn't shock me

Just recently put a comet in the bag and loving it! I throw all discmania right now and its something that has been missing from my bag. I found a comet on the course a couple weeks back and threw it for ****s n giggles and instantly made my bag

Just holds such a straight glidey line. Thing of beauty!

Now this is what I like to hear. Keep rocking the comet!!

Any Plans on doing the Harmon Hills Highland Fling this year? I talked to Tim, it his being set up differently so as to be able to get a higher rating when you play as good as you did last year. I'd love to see you there.