• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

MJ- I have seen you give love to the Banger GT in this thread, how do you feel about Soft Bangers? I have been putting with soft Bangers for years, but I find I cannot "throw" them well at all, so I need to keep another, stiffer putter (KC Aviar) for drives and approaches. Maybe I could use a Pro D Banger to fill both slots? Do they even make those anymore?

MJ - ever considered selling tie-dyed polos? I'd love to get my hands on a few!

Does your dog disc at all? Love golf nothing like snaping annys and watching the dog grab em!

He barks and wants to play fetch a bit much to take him to play to often. Love throwing rollers to him in the backyard though

MJ- I have seen you give love to the Banger GT in this thread, how do you feel about Soft Bangers? I have been putting with soft Bangers for years, but I find I cannot "throw" them well at all, so I need to keep another, stiffer putter (KC Aviar) for drives and approaches. Maybe I could use a Pro D Banger to fill both slots? Do they even make those anymore?

I dont put with them, but i do throw them. The soft ones are nice for short upshots, but anything more than that you need a harder plastic. I use d bangers and a few esp ones that i have. They still make the pro d ones. Try thowing them and see if they work

You ought to see if Discraft would do some tie dye Comets, and sell those with tie dye polo in a fundraiser package, might be a big seller.

I think it'd be great if you got a limited/fundraiser batch of Cryztal Comets, for you as well as us. Get a custom stamp and maybe a unique color and you could move boxes and boxes of them on this site alone. "Ravenous fiends" might be going a little far; lets just say that the Comet lovers here at DGCR are....enthusiastic. Tack on the hoarders, collectors, and anyone who has read the Comet lovers and/or this thread and you have more than enough demand.

So, I have been throwing a Zephyr for the past few days. And I've noticed a couple of things that have changed in my throw:

1: When I tried to throw hyzer flips in the past, I couldn't understand, WhyTH can't I make it stand up flat like everyone else? I know my snap is strong so why isn't that disc flipping?

Answer: I wasn't following through all the way and once I started doing that with the Zephyr....the disc seemed to mimic my body movement after the throw. Holding the disc on an anny angle, I opened up my chest, arched my back, pushed off my back foot and that lid had the nicest hyzer-flip I've seen.

2. I'm barely using my arm, I reach back abt even with my left shoulder, push off w/my back foot, and swing my shoulders around (using some core muscles) and just let my arm come through on it's own. I've realized that's the only thing that gives me some distance and keeps me from trying to throw too hard, wind up arming it, and sending the Zephyr on an Anny line.

I've been tossing the lid around with Brandi Woods, her lab is just around the corner from mine in Greensboro, so this has been a very cool drill for both of us to work on in the field. Thanks for suggesting it! :)

Last edited:
Chain Addicted posted on the charlotte boards that you found my Fox chase tag at hornet's. Is that true or is he just being his usual self