• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hey MJ, I see you are on the invited players list for the ADGT event next May. What is your feeling about this "tour" event, and are you considering registering for it?

MJ, (or anyone else) what do you think of the Ledgerstone Ti Comets? My ESP Comet is starting to beat in nice and I am wanting a fresh one to pair it with. How is the stability and glide compared to the ESP?
I love the feel of my Ti Drone; it is what has me interested in this.

MJ, (or anyone else) what do you think of the Ledgerstone Ti Comets? My ESP Comet is starting to beat in nice and I am wanting a fresh one to pair it with. How is the stability and glide compared to the ESP?
I love the feel of my Ti Drone; it is what has me interested in this.

They are really stable for comets. I would say the glide is a little less, but you can put more power into them than normal comets

MJ, love watching you play. Did you ever toss Cobras around in your Innova days? If so, how do they compare to comets in flight. I'm a fan of the DX variety, but looking at trying a Comet. Just wondering how they compare. Thanks.

Not sure what is going on with that. I will have to check on it

Looking forward to this. :popcorn:

I love watching ITB videos of top pros. Dion Arlyn's recent ITB was the last time I can think of that I saw a Discraft Pro put out a quality video.

So I got a Z Comet as a gift and threw it some today. Great glide and it can execute some really interesting lines. Reminds me of a Leopard but slower and more glide.

In the field I was easily getting near 350 and if just seemed to keep going when I thought it would drop.

Love watching you throw MJ and I f ally get the Comet love.

Over on the Discraft video page only 2 ITB videos show on the left. Nate Doss and Eric McCabe. Just a bit out of date :)

Hadn't been around the site in awhile. A belated congrats MJ. Just picked up my first ESP Comet yesterday. Got to throw it a little bit today and it was nice. I'm teaching a friend disc golf and both times I have had him 1 discing w my X Comet. He's enjoying himself

Just watched rounds 2 and 4 and I know none of the pros get where they are without having a great short game but man are McBeth, Feldberg and MJ super consistent. MJ nearly every putt looks they same and they're all in. Feldberg had the knack for 60 and 90 footers and Paul is, well, Paul. I liked MJ's quick lil champ shake of his hands but that was basically his whole celebration, and the thanks for coming out too. That was a good couple of hours

The minis from the ace race when the mantis was the proto disc used a few years ago, are they stamped into the plastic instead of the regular stamp that come on disc?

2014 Worlds Fundraiser Comets

2014 Worlds Fundraiser Comets - Does anyone know if there were only 100 of these total, or 100 in various disc colors? Thanks!

Last edited:
I have never really gotten a decisive answer about the plastic blend of my Comet circa 1997. is it 'tournament pro', or something else?

I have never really gotten a decisive answer about the plastic blend of my Comet circa 1997. is it 'tournament pro', or something else?

Send a PM to Three Putt, he will probably be able to answer that question. Three Putt is our old plastic and old disc answer man.

Hey MJ or anyone for that matter,

Just discovered the comet and love it. Have an elite x one. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for weights to throw.

Have heard they are incredibly good for form diagnostic and was going to pick up a few X ones to throw strictly in the field for that. Is there a particular weight range that's better for that?

Also for on course was thinking of a Z and ESP to start. What kinda weights are recommended? I am used to throwing dx rocs from 170-172 range.

Thank you.

Latest posts