• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hey MJ or anyone for that matter,

Just discovered the comet and love it. Have an elite x one. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for weights to throw.

Have heard they are incredibly good for form diagnostic and was going to pick up a few X ones to throw strictly in the field for that. Is there a particular weight range that's better for that?

Also for on course was thinking of a Z and ESP to start. What kinda weights are recommended? I am used to throwing dx rocs from 170-172 range.

Thank you.

The 175-180g range are very popular for Comets.

Lots of places online. Innova stocks some blizz champ versions on the pro shop from time to time as well. I've ordered them from Marshall St before

MJ... I love your style man. I'm pretty forehand dominant, who are some of the best fh players through the woods?

Hey MJ, I see you are on the invited players list for the ADGT event next May. What is your feeling about this "tour" event, and are you considering registering for it?

Looks like you don't need to answer this question from mid November since I see you're signed up for the event -- or at least committed, whatever that means. In any case, good luck with ace running the hole for the Jeep!

Looks like you don't need to answer this question from mid November since I see you're signed up for the event -- or at least committed, whatever that means. In any case, good luck with ace running the hole for the Jeep!

Still on the fence with this one. But I am partially committed to it and may be going. Lol

Still on the fence with this one. But I am partially committed to it and may be going. Lol

Ok thanks for the clarification, their site is confusing since they list committed players separate from members. Since all paid registrants get free memberships I just assumed those who were committed but not members had not actually paid the entry fee yet.

I think you should go for it and report back with a detailed description of your experience. :)

How are the Ti Comets? Do they have a profile like a Z (domey) or ESP (flat)? Infinitediscs.com has them on sale right now.

* I don't have time to scroll through 200+ pages of this thread to see if these have been discussed already. *

They are really stable for comets. I would say the glide is a little less, but you can put more power into them than normal comets

That was a response to wolfmandragon asking about Ledgestone Ti comets and how they compare to esp.

I have a misprint Ti. I'm no comet connoisseur, but it's domey as far as I can tell. I'd agree there's less glide (mine's pretty heavy at 178) but I really like how it feels and flies. Not as long as my Z, but I use it just as often on the course.

Hi MJ- I'm new to this site but enjoy watching you play wooded courses on YouTube. Are there any new wooded courses you played this past year you enjoyed? Could even be courses you played casually and not a course you played for a tourney. Thanks and good luck this year!

Hi MJ- I'm new to this site but enjoy watching you play wooded courses on YouTube. Are there any new wooded courses you played this past year you enjoyed? Could even be courses you played casually and not a course you played for a tourney. Thanks and good luck this year!

I really enjoyed the course in myrtle beach, socastee park and Tommy schumpert in Knoxville is one I enjoy

Hey MJ, noticed you are playing at the Silver Cup here in Wisconsin. Pretty excited to see how you play Rollin' Ridge. Also, if you are in need of a caddy, I'd be more than willing.

I really enjoyed the course in myrtle beach, socastee park and Tommy schumpert in Knoxville is one I enjoy

I doubt Michael would never say this because he is so humble but I will mention he shot the best round ever out at Socastee in dreadful wet and soggy conditions.

Hey MJ,

I heard about this post on Reddit and had to come check it out, especially since I'm (so excitedly) playing in the same tourney as you this weekend!!

My question to you is, do you feel ready to take another win out of up and coming 2015 RoY Chris Dickerson's hands? I've seen you guys battle a lot on YouTube, and even in person at the Harmon Hills a-tier last fall. I can tell you from experience that, while Harleywood does cater to big distance on a handful of holes, that mean control game will definitely leave you in contention.

Super excited to play around you and see your mad scores this weekend!

Hey MJ, I want to love the Comet but the rim seems funny in my hand. I love meteors and glides tho so do you think the comet overlaps these or are they completely different?

Latest posts