• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

MJ, what's new that's going in your bag this year, and, is anything being dropped from your line up?

Nothing new going in at this point in time. Few things that come and go depending on courses, but will also depend on some of the new releases that will come out during the year

Nothing new going in at this point in time. Few things that come and go depending on courses, but will also depend on some of the new releases that will come out during the year

New releases? Tease!

Looking forward to the updates.

I was bored and snowed in today, so I read this entire thread! Thanks for all your input, it was worth the read.

Can't wait to hear the Comet news.

Tried this in the "What's this disc worth" thread but haven't had any feedback. Have you guys seen one of these before? Thanks!
Need a little help here on value. This is supposedly a "Proto Comet". It does feel like that old "TP" plastic from Discraft. Being the genius that I am, I took acetone to the "Proto Disc Comet" labeling on the back. Not sure if that was factory ink or just someone labeling it. Anybody familiar with these? I wasn't playing when these came out. Any idea of value? Thanks

I have a question for my fellow Cometeers:
Did Discraft ever make Fly-Dyed TP Comets? Or is it only X Comets that were Fly-Dyed?
I bought two Comets this weekend. Based on the stamps (one Saturn stamp and one 1999 RR World champ stamp) I'm assuming they are TP plastic. The RR stamp is Fly-Dyed.
thanks in advance!

ok, since we're kinda on this subject: I have a Comet circa 1997. What plastic is it? tournament pro? elite pro? I haven't been able to get a definitive answer elsewhere.

MJ,

I see you are not going to be at the Memorial. What will be your first PDGA Major/NT/WT event this year?

do you still plan on throwing hornets now that they're out of production? do you ever worry about other molds you rely on such as the ringer going out of production?

do you still plan on throwing hornets now that they're out of production? do you ever worry about other molds you rely on such as the ringer going out of production?

At this point I have plenty of back up hornets to use until I sort out a replacement. As for the ringer, they won't put that out of production while I am around

At this point I have plenty of back up hornets to use until I sort out a replacement. As for the ringer, they won't put that out of production while I am around

thanks for the quick answer! i tried every OS mid on the market and couldn't find anything with the hornet's combination of high speed stability and glide. for discraft mids the buzzz os has good stability but no glide, the drone is too overstable and glideless (and also oop), and the wasp flips in a strong headwind and fades unpredictably in crosswinds (i don't like rocs for the same reason). the westside bard is the closest thing i found to a hornet but it's a bit less overstable. i ended up buying 20 hornets just so i don't have to worry about it. still annoyed that it's oop. does discraft talk to their pro team at all about their decisions to stop making certain discs?

i've been looking for a putter with a flat top, a low profile, and a bead that is overstable but not too overstable. really really liking the x soft ringer out of everything i've tried. i'm slightly hesitant to switch to it since discraft seems to just stop making discs with no warning but it's reassuring to hear you say that they'll keep making it.

^^^Drone isn't OOP. They discontinued certain plastics, but still make it in Big Z. Try a lighter weight one if you're looking for more glide.

Latest posts