• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I remember a couple years ago you had at least one Buzzz in the bag. Has the Ti Comet or some other "beefy" Comets taken over that spot?

Exactly. The buzz just kinda hung out in the bag and only got used sometimes. Now with Ti comets and stiff,domey glow comets in the bag I have enough stability for what I usually like to have. When it gets windy I will stick a hornet or buzz OS in the bag

How flippy are Cranks. I throw in the 375-400 range, and don't really get the full flight out of destroyers, so I don't know why I still throw them. What distance driver would you reccomend for my armspeed from discraft?

How flippy are Cranks. I throw in the 375-400 range, and don't really get the full flight out of destroyers, so I don't know why I still throw them. What distance driver would you reccomend for my armspeed from discraft?

Cranks to me are generally less stable than destroyers

How about stalkers? Do you use any of those? I use a lot of discraft like z stalkers, buzzes, forces and of course magnets.
No, I don't use stalkers. I use mantis, undertakers and sometimes heats, so I really never had a spot in my bag for it. Think I might be the only discraft pro who doesn't use a buzz haha

No, I don't use stalkers. I use mantis, undertakers and sometimes heats, so I really never had a spot in my bag for it. Think I might be the only discraft pro who doesn't use a buzz haha

That's like being an Innova pro and NOT throwing some sort of Roc lol.

Hey, MJ, what was that new red disc (Z or Cryztal? seemed to be a fairway-type disc) that you threw a few times in round 2 of the HOFC this year?

Question for MJ and the rest of the folks here that have thrown the 3rd run LE Comets...

After losing another 3rd run LE in a flooded creek yesterday I'm down to just two remaining from that wonderful run. Are there any off-the-shelf Comets that are similar to that in flight? I'm not really the type to hunt after rare discs so I would rather just replace it with something similar that's readily available. The production ESP Comets are molding up too flat and flippy. While that's not a bad thing, I do prefer my Comets to start stable then beat into understable. The 3rd runs are amazing.

Whatever works for you is what is most important. I could never throw a roc so the buzz was a natural fit when discraft came out with the buzz.

Not enough love is given to the production run mantis. It is the living embodiment of the perfect mythical woods diriver. If you are a woods player, the mantis will lower your scores.

Question for MJ and the rest of the folks here that have thrown the 3rd run LE Comets...

After losing another 3rd run LE in a flooded creek yesterday I'm down to just two remaining from that wonderful run. Are there any off-the-shelf Comets that are similar to that in flight? I'm not really the type to hunt after rare discs so I would rather just replace it with something similar that's readily available. The production ESP Comets are molding up too flat and flippy. While that's not a bad thing, I do prefer my Comets to start stable then beat into understable. The 3rd runs are amazing.
I don't remember throwing that run of esp comets. We're they more stable? Stiff or softer?

Not enough love is given to the production run mantis. It is the living embodiment of the perfect mythical woods diriver. If you are a woods player, the mantis will lower your scores.

They are great! Wish more people would use them

Absolutely, they are akin to an Eagle L for me. Awesome mold.

Latest posts