• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Sorry, I loved the Fuse for what it was, but it's not the understable disc I'm looking for. I should have elaborated. From what I could tell, the Fuse would be more of a Buzzz, which are like my seasoned rocs. I'm trying to get away from depending on dx rocs in certain stages of wear and the Fuse will likely make it there, but not for what I think the Comet might be an answer for.

The Comet is the disc by which all others should be judged, you won't know what you are missing until you try it. So the next time the urge to play with some new plastic strikes throw down that money on a winning disc. At very least it's a great trainer.

Just wanted to chime in and say I am absolutely loving the Johansen sig Z Comet. It is quickly becoming my most-thrown disc and the plastic is amazing. Good stuff! Anyone who likes throwing Comets definitely needs to pick one up.

Absolutely agree.
One of the more stable Comets I have thrown.

Just wanted to chime in and say I am absolutely loving the Johansen sig Z Comet. It is quickly becoming my most-thrown disc and the plastic is amazing. Good stuff! Anyone who likes throwing Comets definitely needs to pick one up.

Love the Tour Series plastic. Don't have it in a Comet, but I have six Buzzzes, all of which have a shimmery purple or blue dust in them only visible in sunlight. And two of them ended up being glow in the dark! Walked by the ride at night, and saw them glowing strong in the back seat. Anyone else get that nice surprise with their Tour Series Comets?

Love the Tour Series plastic. Don't have it in a Comet, but I have six Buzzzes, all of which have a shimmery purple or blue dust in them only visible in sunlight. And two of them ended up being glow in the dark! Walked by the ride at night, and saw them glowing strong in the back seat. Anyone else get that nice surprise with their Tour Series Comets?

Haven't tried that to see if they do or not. I am liking them a lot, the softer ones are more flippy and the ones that are a little stiffer more stable

Hmm, nope I haven't checked to see if any of my tour series Comets glow in the dark. I will have to remember to test that tonight. We are in glow round season, after all.

I tossed a tour series Comet into some brush bordering my practice field and haven't been able to find it. Maybe if I go back and look after dark...

I own perhaps every color of the Signature Comets, and have been testing them to see if any glow in the dark. So far, none do.

MJ,

What did you think about The Sinks in Chattanooga this past weekend? I was disappointed playing such a short layout, but understand why it was short (finish with daylight). I enjoy the stretched out version of The Sinks much more.

Hey MJ, have there been any talks about Signature/Tour Series discs for 2018 yet? Will you stick with the Comet for that, or maybe change it up? The Mantis is my favorite disc right now, so if you are looking for suggestions... :)

MJ,

What did you think about The Sinks in Chattanooga this past weekend? I was disappointed playing such a short layout, but understand why it was short (finish with daylight). I enjoy the stretched out version of The Sinks much more.

I really enjoy playing the sinks. It's a fun wooded course with a nice variety of shots required. Yea I would have loved to play some longer pins there during the event, but I do understand why they played it all shorts due to day light concerns

Hey MJ, have there been any talks about Signature/Tour Series discs for 2018 yet? Will you stick with the Comet for that, or maybe change it up? The Mantis is my favorite disc right now, so if you are looking for suggestions... :)

Will probably stick with the comet, but might do some smaller runs of other discs as well

I'm fairly new to DG, but I want to get in on this Comet love fest. I haven't found another disc yet that I can throw dead straight through the entire flight. It's amazing. Sometimes I throw it "too straight" if that's a thing.

I'm fairly new to DG, but I want to get in on this Comet love fest. I haven't found another disc yet that I can throw dead straight through the entire flight. It's amazing. Sometimes I throw it "too straight" if that's a thing.

You're starting out smarter than I did!

I may have to start an Archer love fest thread. While playing around on our RH sidearm friendly course, it wondered if I could throw the same line RH backhand with an Archer as I normally do forehand with a high speed driver.

Throwing about 80%, the archer breaks late taking the exact same route as my sidearm on multiple holes. So much easier to throw.

Comet, Archer, Thrasher. Loving the newer additions to Discraft's lineup.

Any sponsorship announcements from the MJ20300?? Will he now start throwing ZBuzzes like I think he should?? I have a few MRV's that would help too. lol

Comet lovers - what do you guys think of complementing Comets in the bag with very different mids? For a while I tried to get a comet/rancho roc thing going, but decided I wanted to throw stable mids both BH and FH, and have since switched to pairing buzzzzes or truths/verdicts with comets. This way I get to eat my cake by comfortably forehanding my mids, while having my cake too by bagging the wonderful Comet which doesn't mind being powered down.

Or is it better to throw a max weight glo comet or rancho roc as your OS comet? Thoughts? MJ?

Comet lovers - what do you guys think of complementing Comets in the bag with very different mids? For a while I tried to get a comet/rancho roc thing going, but decided I wanted to throw stable mids both BH and FH, and have since switched to pairing buzzzzes or truths/verdicts with comets. This way I get to eat my cake by comfortably forehanding my mids, while having my cake too by bagging the wonderful Comet which doesn't mind being powered down.

Or is it better to throw a max weight glo comet or rancho roc as your OS comet? Thoughts? MJ?

I have Wasp, beat in TI Wasp, Buzzz, beat in Buzz, and Z Comet, ESP Comet. In order of stability from most stable to least.

I have Wasp, beat in TI Wasp, Buzzz, beat in Buzz, and Z Comet, ESP Comet. In order of stability from most stable to least.

I'm right there with you. Besides a Drone for utility I bag a TI Wasp, two Buzzzes (Z and beat X) and an X Comet. I've often thought of trying a Z comet in place of my beat X Buzzz to see how that works.

My mids are pretty much exactly that: Comet, Rancho Roc, Truth (used to be a buzzz)

Those with a couple Magnets have been my short range bag for years now. I don't ever feel the need to change them.