• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Backpack Shoot Out...

And the winner is...........

• Gateway - Ozark

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Gorilla Boy - Simian

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • Grip EQ - Tour Bag

Votes: 107 35.1%
  • HyzerBomb - Flak

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Mystery Ranch - Golf Mahal

Votes: 44 14.4%
  • Physical Flight - Challenger Pak

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Prodiscus - Jet Pack

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Revolution - Dual Pack

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • D.I.Y.

Votes: 33 10.8%

• Total voters
I voted for the Revo, since that's what I will likely be buying in the future, but the Sinian and the Chally seem awesome too. I wish the Simian came in better colors, but for the price and storage capacity the thing looks well worth it. The Chally bag stands out for its quality construction and the fact that they have tons of color options and will custom make a bag for you. Their customer service truly can't be beat.

This is a tough one and typing this post made me almost change my own mind, LOL

I'm partial to the Nutsac. With a capacity of only six discs, it really makes me learn what each disc is capable of.

Phd. or Medical?

Chris has a MD. A really cool guy, he does a lot of pro bono stuff for guys in SC when they have some type of disc golf injury. Never charges for any advice and will do what he can to help get you healthy. Plus he's been playing for 10 years so he knows a little about the game and what it takes to make a bag :)

Btw I tried to order a flak in the past but after the last issue of preordering, stories about bags falling apart, and then them not being able to get the bags made correctly really turned me off. Plus $180 for a bag plus shipping making it essentially $200. Therefore I would rather have a bag like the Chally, Grip, or Mahal that I know will not change every run and was made the first time the right way.

All in all there are so many bags now that you have your choice of a great bag. I urge everyone to try different bags, support as many companies as possible. The only real way to crown a champion of bags is to have most of the bags and try them( only a few of us have been able to do that) then make a selection.

So far I see from the post I've read that only a few of us have 3-4 of these bags and so far looks like the Chally by Physical Flight stands ahead, Not on the poll but from actual users like myself and Iacas that have them all lol.

Honestly, I could hang with the chally if it weren't for the rhino with wings. I am just not a fan. Superficial? Yes. But I just can't do it.

Mahal.

Weight distribution.
Custom Fit.
Insane Disc Capacity.
Quality Materials
Lifetime Warranty - from an established company.
Great Customer Support.
Storage for everything I need for a round in Michigan's ever changing weather.

never even looked at the chally of whatever its called until just now. with the handle on top and the outward appearance, it looks like a rolley suitcase carry on

and the rhyno with wings is hideos

My votes are as follows, depending on the how one weights the criteria.

Value: you just can't beat the Cabela bag, 18-20 on the bottom, + 2 putters and pots of storage... all for $50 - about 1/4 the price of other backpack bags. Looks like they've been discontinued, and only a few left available here and there at Cabela stores. I love my bag - comfy, practical, well made.

Utility: The Simian seems disgustingly functional and well thought out: seat, storage and acccessibilty, side pockets. It does a lot quite well.

Best overall: my vote goes to the Mahal. Quality construction, tons of storage, and with the internal yoke, probably the most comfortable thing out there. I just can't fathom paying that kinda $$ for a bag.

Since I'm not in the "cost no object" category, I voted DIY, specifically with the Cabela bag in mind.
If you're truly looking for B]The Biggest Bang For Your Buck Backpack is[/B], that's gotta be it.

Last edited:
never even looked at the chally of whatever its called until just now. with the handle on top and the outward appearance, it looks like a rolley suitcase carry on

and the rhyno with wings is hideos

Again, another mis informed disc golfer. Pictures don't do the bag justice. It actually looks and feels nothing like a rolling suitcase. The funny thing that you bash is the rubber handle? That handle makes you not have to bend all the way over saving your self from bending at the back. Also the angry rhino with wings is bada**!

Please keep this forum based on objective facts and not subjective opinion on a bag you've never owned.

I agree that the Challenger is cheesy looking. It could be the most comfortable and functional bag available, but I wouldn't carry it.

Grip and Prodiscus are the best looking backpacks in my opinion.

Objective=based on observation, has been tested. Since I have first hand knowledge I can "objectively" report what this bag is about.

That's all I was trying to convey. It would be my "opinion" that you are a bit touchy. But who am I to say.

Ok, ok, settle down here boys! Everyone has their own opinion and the right to express it. Hopefully no one minds me posting here but let's stay on topic here.

IMO every company does something well! Each person can benefit from having a large number of choice of bags.

Just to clear everything up and answer Scooters question...I went to Medical School in SC. My specialty is in Orthopaedics and physical therapy. For those wondering I designed the Chally bag mainly to be functional and comfortable. Aesthetics came in second....because we do so much twisting and repetitive extension and flexion all of our backs are at risk; therefore I took my professional expertise and my 10 years of playing experience to make a bag that dispersed weight across a larger area and also decreased the amount of lumbar flexion and thoracic kyphosis. The bag is an alternative for those who care about long term back health.

Not trying to thread drift, just wanted to give my input on the sport I love and the bag I designed.

Again, another mis informed disc golfer. Pictures don't do the bag justice. It actually looks and feels nothing like a rolling suitcase. The funny thing that you bash is the rubber handle? That handle makes you not have to bend all the way over saving your self from bending at the back. Also the angry rhino with wings is bada**!

Please keep this forum based on objective facts and not subjective opinion on a bag you've never owned.

If i saw the bag in person it wouldnt change my mind it looks like a rolling suitcase

Yet your post is full of your own opinions.

^^ding ding

its like saying the mahal has too much room for anything i would ever need (ive never owned one of those either, but that thing can pack a whole closet and if i needed that much on the course...well, then Id buy one)

you vouch for what you know and like

Surprised at all the simian votes, that bag is hideous.

Have you seen one in person? Sure, it's a little boxy, but it's comfortable and has fantastic storage and a comfy seat. Hard to beat that.

Then maybe Physical Flight ought to post pictures that do the bag justice and show what the bag actually looks like? I mean, without being able to see them in stores, all we have to go on is what they say and show us, right? If that's how he sees it when he checks out their site, that what else is he supposed to think?

Then maybe Physical Flight ought to post pictures that do the bag justice and show what the bag actually looks like? I mean, without being able to see them in stores, all we have to go on is what they say and show us, right? If that's how he sees it when he checks out their site, that what else is he supposed to think?

There are plenty of pics on the website under photo (prob 15). Or check out the video review on the website...so I'm not sure where you were going with that. Plenty of pics and good info on the site. www.physicalflightdg.com

Latest posts