• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Backpack Shoot Out...

And the winner is...........

• Gateway - Ozark

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Gorilla Boy - Simian

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • Grip EQ - Tour Bag

Votes: 107 35.1%
  • HyzerBomb - Flak

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Mystery Ranch - Golf Mahal

Votes: 44 14.4%
  • Physical Flight - Challenger Pak

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Prodiscus - Jet Pack

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Revolution - Dual Pack

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • D.I.Y.

Votes: 33 10.8%

• Total voters
There are plenty of pics on the website under photo (prob 15). Or check out the video review on the website...so I'm not sure where you were going with that. Plenty of pics and good info on the site. www.physicalflightdg.com

Where I was going was... for a product you can't get to easily to see and touch, you'd expect the company's website to be the best place to find out what it's like. Any product, not just bags. If there are better pix out there, then maybe Physical Flight ought to solicit their use. I have no reason to watch a video to see if it comes across differently than it does in still pix. I'm not hatin,' just stating what should be common sense.

Using a tripod would help these kind of promo videos immensely.

I went with grip, design, quality,function, storage. It has all u need and its designed for disc golf,also lifetime warranty. They changed the dg bag market, they are the innovators and the rest are immitators.

I went with grip, design, quality,function, storage. It has all u need and its designed for disc golf,also lifetime warranty. They changed the dg bag market, they are the innovators and the rest are immitators.

Or you could say they just built upon what Revolution had already started...

I would like to use any of these bags! My Phoenix is pretty heavy.

has everyone forgotten how things went when they hit the market initially? GB has always stood behind his product and still continues to improve his handcrafted bags.

brick and mortar any day

Where I was going was... for a product you can't get to easily to see and touch, you'd expect the company's website to be the best place to find out what it's like. Any product, not just bags. If there are better pix out there, then maybe Physical Flight ought to solicit their use. I have no reason to watch a video to see if it comes across differently than it does in still pix. I'm not hatin,' just stating what should be common sense.

Just to clarify again everyone has their opinion on what a bag should look like, function or how much it is worth. With that said I try to take the active approach on this website so that players can ask me directly what our product is about and not to speculate. As for our website a video and 20 pictures I believe is enough. Again I am always up for constructive criticism so keep it coming I don't take any disrespect towards other people's opinions.

Physical flight is a company I started out of love for the sport not for the money. I take the time out of my 12 hour days at the hospital healing people to answer your questions and comment when appropriate.

Scooter, send me a PM if you are interested in PF.

DIY ....ie. Cabela's
I've got at least 50 rounds on it. All kinds of room, plenty of pockets, $65 delivered and built, It does lack a good water bottle/drink holder. If a drink holder is all that's stopping me from saving $100 I can get all kinds of crafty. A lot can be said for custom vs. off the rack.

The majority of people are going to say Grip EQ for one reason: It's the bag that they have.

Every Grip owner I have met has been envious of my Prodiscus bag. It's a great looking bag that holds a TON of stuff, while remaining comfortable!

The majority of people are going to say Grip EQ for one reason: It's the bag that they have.

Every Grip owner I have met has been envious of my Prodiscus bag. It's a great looking bag that holds a TON of stuff, while remaining comfortable!
I have both the Grip and Prodiscus bag. Also have the Mahal too (plus a few others). The Prodiscus is a great design and storage is awesome, but the quality of the materials used is subpar. Already had to fix one broken zipper and even after trying a lubricant the zippers bind and catch. They are pretty crappy zippers for sure.
Man, if he would just pony up the cash and use Cordura and a higher gauge zipper. I would pay extra for that bag.
So until Voodoo comes out with a backpack style. I'm sticking with the Mahal. Might have to check out the flying rhino bag though. It sounds pretty nice. Heck if I can get over the looks of the Mahal. I can suck it up for the Challenger.

I have the grip but voted for the simian. My lady got me the grip as a present. I didn't realize otherwise I would have gone gorilla boy. I know Chris and he's an awesome guy

I loooove my grip.

Friend got the mahal bag, it's so huge, i first thought about getting it but now I prefer my Grip bag. Specialy since I dont carry 25+ discs any more.

I voted cabelas, because of price point for quality. Perfect bag for me. good amount of storage, without being excessive and holds plenty of discs. Plus it's immensely comfortable.

I chose the Grip bag. I've had it and a Prodiscus bag personally and have seen most of the others in person.

- Price / Value - at $200, it's on the expensive side, but the lifetime warranty plus incredibly durable materials make up for it.

- Quality / Materials Used - About as durable as you could possibly hope. Tough materials, stiff bottom and sides and the bars on the bottom keep the bottom from tearing.

- Disc Storage - Not the most of any bag (the prodiscus is better) but more than enough for most people

- Storage / Pockets - The only real downside to the bag. If you want to store small things, it's fine. Anything bigger, like a hoodie, just isn't going to go.

- Comfort - Best feeling bag I've ever put on. I have lower back problems and this alleviates them.

- Warranty - Lifetime. What more could you ask.

- Customer Service - Fantastic. I just had to make a warranty claim for stitches coming undone on the putter pocket. The CS contact was fantastic. Communicated quickly. I sent out my bag on Friday, got it back today.

The prodiscus bag I have is also very good. It doesn't take my top spot for two reasons: (1) no lifetime warranty and (2) it doesn't ride as comfortably. But if you want more space than a Grip but with a similar design, you can't go wrong.

This survey has tallied a lot of votes - significantly more votes than posts. Obviously, a lot of people had opinions, but didn't necessarily feel a need to elaborate.

The Grip EQ is clearly the most popular backpack style bag - it's got almost as many votes as all the others combined. Whether or not that's still the case in another year or so, only time will tell, but currently, it's definitely the people's choice.

Last edited:
This survey has tallied a lot of votes - significantly more votes than posts. Obviously, a lot of people had opinions, but didn't necessarily feel a need to elaborate.

The Grip EQ is clearly the most popular backpack style bag - it's got almost as many votes as all the others combined. Whether or not that's still the case in another year or so, only time will tell, but currently, it's definitely the people's choice.

I think some of this has to do with the design function - it was truly thought out for disc golfers - and some of it for popularity. Ultimately, though, I think why Grip stands out is because people can actually get it. Now. Many of these other bags have waitlists to order, and people are impatient. If Grip is in stock, they're gonna be on people's backs.

Latest posts