• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best disc no one throws

I've never seen anyone throw a Flash.

Another victim of Discraft's worthless rating system. Gateway came up with a white line drawn in a black box and telling you how thick the rim is in a measuring system our country doesn't use. That offically puts them ahead of Discraft on this front.

Apaches and Vikings are both discs I'm gonna start throwing again when I "disc back up". I also keep a dang near beat to death Warrior in my bag, because it will hold an anny line beautifully, and also the occasional roller.

JLS

How many of you out there throw a JLS. A great disc lost in the maze of drivers available today.

Anything Millennium. People ask me what I threw when I tossed a QOLF and I just laugh. I know better than to try and tell them what disc it is.

That and putters in general. You see people putt with them but you see too few people throw them.

Dragon? I see a lot of people throwing it and I don't think it's "the best" in any category either.

SOLF...I really like this disc. I've had it out of the bag lately, trying to use Eagles, but this disc is really nice. I haven't seen it at all anywhere I've played and it's rarely mentioned on this site.

I throw a lot of 'old school' discs that most players have never heard of let alone thrown...I carry two Scorpions, a Viper and an XD that's at least 20 years old. I also carry a Zephyr on some courses.

Last year I gave a Superhero as part of players pack. This year at my tournament I had three or four players ask if I had any left because the Superhero became one of their favorite approach discs in tight situations.

Carrying a Superhero is almost like having a Fastback in the bag...

SOLF...I really like this disc. I've had it out of the bag lately, trying to use Eagles, but this disc is really nice. I haven't seen it at all anywhere I've played and it's rarely mentioned on this site.

Yeah the OLF's are great, easily one of my favorite drivers. I'd carry mine but I'm currently going with Stalkers / Preds / Orcs for my drivers, so I don't know where the OLF would fit in. I feel like the Stalker is more controllable and easier to work, and the Orc gives me better distance. I do like playing 2 disc rounds with an OLF and Wizard though.

Speaking of Stalkers I don't know many people who throw those locally. I know 3 people that carry them, but only 1 of them I ever see use his. I've had a lot of seasoned players ask me what exactly a Stalker is.

Every time I've told someone I just threw a QOLF they've given me a very confused look. It's good for that :D

Last edited:
Yeah the OLF's are great, easily one of my favorite drivers. I'd carry mine but I'm currently going with Stalkers / Preds / Orcs for my drivers, so I don't know where the OLF would fit in. I feel like the Stalker is more controllable and easier to work, and the Orc gives me better distance. I do like playing 2 disc rounds with an OLF and Wizard though.

I'm into the Teebird/Eagle, Firebird, Destroyer combo and keeping a minimum setup. I carried the QOLF/SOLFs when I had Gazelles in the bag and the OLF was my distance driver. The Eagle really is halfway between the Gazelles and OLFs.

But I'm tempted to revert back in the colder weather....

Every time I've told someone I just threw a QOLF they've given me a very confused look. It's good for that :D

Exactly...the QMF is getting some love here and the occasional Omega, but that's about the only Millenium discs.

I've the only guy in my area that throws orc's, most of the guys here try to something bigger like a wraith, katana, boss, or destroyer. Love them. I also throw a blitz that I can bomb with that nobody else uses, but I think that has more to do with the lack of Lat. 64 presence in the area.

What's your thoughts on it?

Buddy and I discussed it during doubles tonight, and through PMs with brotherdave it made me think more.

My thought was a XS, no ones even heard of one here and none of the shops even carry it. Always thought it was a decent wider feeling Valk that I just never put in my bag.

One answer that came up is a Gateway Apache, another guy said Viking. I've seen people here with Vikings in the bag, but neither of the other 2.

thats funny cause my roommate has 4 discs and one is the XS and the another is the Viking.

XD

Innova XD. Old mold but is great for approach/Putts. It's basically a less stable ROC. I have canned some massive shots with that disc.

How many of you out there throw a JLS. A great disc lost in the maze of drivers available today.

I had one and i traded it because I wanted a star rhyno, i ended up getting another one and remembering how much I love this disc. It flys str8 and is good for a nice tight wooded course like where i play.

I throw an ESP Stalker and ESP Stratus, both PDGA Membrership discs.
Hard to find, so no one around here throws them.

Latest posts