• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] The Blunt Gumputt

Blunt Gumputt: Awesome or Garbage?

• Awesome

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Garbage

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
i love it as a "backyard thrower".... and i seem to be able to throw it forever straight.... but it takes a lot of snap, a very clean arm release and (for me) a slightly different throwing technique.

It's great for hyzers, rough landings, etc....

i dont carry one because i dont need it and i like to keep a minimalist bag....

i think, i would recommend using it as an approach/short game tool, then move up to harder discs.... it does work well in the shorter ranges, and the confidence it gives is amazing.

I just took mine back from my wife today! I was putting from 35' - 40' today in the backyard. My first set was turbo putts, and wow! The gumbputt is amazing for turbo's. Great grip and flies like its on a frozen rope at least 40' with little effort. I think it was about 95% at 35'. My Omega's start fading and dropping between 25' - 30'. The gumbputt is going in my bag for turbos.. sweet!

I bought this a while back and never got the hang of getting the right grip on it. Haven't used it since.

I'm a comet thrower so I can respect it's flight but it's not for me. I putt with stiff magnets and challengers.

Disc rocks, just like the Blowfly. It ain't no gimmick disc...It's a putter, throw it at the basket.

Great for shots that need to stick (hilly conditions) and does what it advertises, erases shots. You can drive it like any other decent putter.

Mine literally bounced off the side of a basket and plopped right in it. A regular disc wouldn't fallen out.

Exactly what I'm talkin' about. Erases strokes.

I can tell you countless time these putters have given me strokes for no reason. I missed, it hit, PERIOD. Apoth can attest

I just took mine back from my wife today! I was putting from 35' - 40' today in the backyard. My first set was turbo putts, and wow! The gumbputt is amazing for turbo's. Great grip and flies like its on a frozen rope at least 40' with little effort. I think it was about 95% at 35'. My Omega's start fading and dropping between 25' - 30'. The gumbputt is going in my bag for turbos.. sweet!

Oh yeah, forgot about killin' it with the turbo putts.....

These putters rock!!