• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

Got my two star x-outs. Pretty nice imo. The plastic is good star, both are zipper top, neither is domey (but not flat either). One had some rim dimples so they are certainly x-outs for a reason besides stamp issues.

Both discs throw great. I feel like they actually fly faster, but are not any beefier than the first run DX. They are less stable than the first run XT. Very pleased, will bag and will buy production run backups.

I, too, am impressed with the Star Colts. Flexible Star plastic but not gummy. Very slight dome compared to flat DX Colts; noticeable but the Star Colts feel fine in my hand. Zipper tops from the brand-new mold. The new Stars show a very slight fade when thrown nose neutral to slight nose up at 225-270 ... i.e., I can make them fade slightly if needed.

I prefer DX plastic for putters and mids and I like the DX Colts. On the other hand, these Star Colts are really nice. They work for me as shorter, broken-in Rocs.

Finally had some good weather, so I took my new Star Colt (the chartreuse yellow one) with my other core bag discs and a few test discs (Prodigy M4 and M5, Innova Star Eagle-L) for a round.

The Star Colt did extremely well. I threw one shot from about 100 ft. out and a gust of wind caught it and knocked it flat to the ground... but it was on a laser-straight line. Then I had an uphill shot about 210 ft. off the tee, and I slammed my TL right into a tree about a 3d of the way up. So I took the Star Colt out for what I estimate to be about a 120 ft. shot, uphill. My shot went laser-straight again, but the ground seemed to be coming up to meet it. I thought it hit the ground as it went over the crest and would be short, but it had not: when I got up there, it was parked pin-high, 6 ft. right of the basket.

I had one shot that was into a fairly stiff right-to-left crosswind. I threw my "for the record" shot with the M4, then threw a practice shot with the Colt with just a bit of anny flex on it. The Colt held up okay in the crosswind. Overall, the Colt is probably not the best weapon in stronger breezes, but it does okay.

I putted with the Star Colt only a couple of times (I was a bit fearful of the wind gusts and used the Judge on most shots), but it went flat and straight and found and held the chains nicely.

I know some her sneer when I get excited about a disc, but I don't care: the Colt is the real deal, and the Star plastic Colt is true to the flight and capabilities of the Colt mold design. I really hope everyone will try one, and if you don't like it you can pay it forward and give it to someone as a great beginner disc to bring new people into disc golf.

I wasn't gonna do it, but I couldn't help it...I picked up a Star Colt today!

Mine is max wt and Dayglow. The plastic blend sold the disc. It's def "Champy-Star" and I'd go so far as to say it's more Champ than Star. 60/40.
It's a dead ringer for the old champ Cobra & CCR blends that were opaque champ. It's got that translucent appearance w all the cloudy swirls in it.

Really hoping this thing is slightly OS to season into stable.

Basically I just want a cheap slow CCR. I think there's potential for the Star Colt to be that for me.

Really hoping this thing is slightly OS to season into stable.

Basically I just want a cheap slow CCR. I think there's potential for the Star Colt to be that for me.

This!!!

I have not seen any that looked champy yet, so I am waiting until they do a Champion run.

This!!!
I have not seen any that looked champy yet, so I am waiting until they do a Champion run.

My two Star Colts look like regular (and good) Star plastic, and I haven't seen anything but that. Unless I"m not understanding what "Champy-Star" is...

My Star Colt hit metal from 100+ feet out today... twice. And in heavy winds. I did try a full (100%) power throw and the Star Colt did turn over a bit. Couldn't really tell if that was more the wind (not blowing hard at that time) or the disc, so I'll work some more.

The point to that is that if they do come out with Champion Colts, and they prove to be more OS than Star Colts, I might get a Champ one for more OS/full power throws.

But on approaches... those Star Colts are a beautiful thing...

for stability, the star fits in perfectly between XT and DX proto. Current bag goes XT Proto - Star - DX Proto - DX production for stability spectrum.

This Dayglow I picked up was the only one of the lot at the shop that I'd consider "Champy-Star". The other colors were normal opaque creamy Star.

Same Blend like Opaque Champ: Cobras, Stingrays, Q-Sentinels, some Sharks, Makos, Banshees, Eagle X's. This was a run of champ from around 2003-2004. I've got a bunch of the old Ontario Cobras, Sanny Q-Sents, & Banshees from that run.

Some of the early 2-line AJ Destroyers were similar "Champy-Star" too, but this Colt is more like the opaque Champion stamped discs.

My two Star Colts look like regular (and good) Star plastic, and I haven't seen anything but that. Unless I"m not understanding what "Champy-Star" is...

My Star Colt hit metal from 100+ feet out today... twice. And in heavy winds. I did try a full (100%) power throw and the Star Colt did turn over a bit. Couldn't really tell if that was more the wind (not blowing hard at that time) or the disc, so I'll work some more.

The point to that is that if they do come out with Champion Colts, and they prove to be more OS than Star Colts, I might get a Champ one for more OS/full power throws.

But on approaches... those Star Colts are a beautiful thing...
Champ Colt would be a welcome addition for sure. It would be a blast to put more power on this disc and not worry about turn & burn.

Brothers and sisters... fellow Colt throwers and lovers,

let it be known that KC pro Colts now exist!!!
I just ordered some, and am very excited to try them out

Champ Colt would be a welcome addition for sure. It would be a blast to put more power on this disc and not worry about turn & burn.

True. I should clarify that my Star Colt did not "turn and burn" when I threw it full-power, but it did turn a bit and finish a bit right. And I think that might have been wind-aided, as today I was throwing laser lines with it.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased (ecstatic, actually) with my Star Colts, and a Champion Colt might be fun to try also.

Post a link! Or it's not true.

images

Don't you be lying to me, you better not be lying to me!!!

The dates seem odd in their description. "2014 Air Force Colt, 2015 Wintertime Open (Feb 2015)." Copy/paste error?