• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple stencil dyes. Champion Teebird and Champion Roadrunner.

10532339_747877358601589_995110573558929695_n.jpg
How'd you get the vibrant blue and red on that champion plastic? What type of dye and how long? Looks awesome!

First attempt at off-center circles. Started out rough, but I got the hang of it as I went along. My weak box fan has trouble spinning smoothly with the disc off-center, I think I need to counter-balance it with something. Only the black was spun, the colors were all painted on.

Attachments

• pain2.jpg
    pain2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 75
Nice work Roggen! and I love Pains! Thats my trick shot midrange. I know those off center masked off sections can be a "pain" as well ;) (especially trying to get a clean line) That came out sweet though!

Here's my new Trespass to replace my recently lost older one. Been loving the shaving cream lately!

Trespass1_zps10d08fa0.jpg

Trespass3_zps43915663.jpg

Trespass2_zps9bde1fef.jpg

Nothing special, Champ Cro, hand cut, and traded to Disc nation a year or two ago because I didn't throw it anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 60
Star Orc was first attempt at multiple dips of same color. Hand hurt after cutting and weeding.
Champ Orc was first attempt at stained glass style. Both traded to Discnation when I stopped throwing Orcs.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 89
Another two weeks of work

Has ended with this little gem of a disc. 167 gram Star Katana. Background dyed with iDye Poly in shaving cream bed, except for the green which was Spike-it chartreuse with a pinch of green added. Foreground done with shaving cream and Spike-it. The blonde hair was a mix of chartreuse and orange (tough finding the right mix). Skin tone accomplished with a mix of pink, orange and red (also difficult).

Attachments

• Newest Katana painting11.jpg
    Newest Katana painting11.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts