• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody see the picture ^^^^

I'll try one more time

1379752561.jpg

Hot Glue

Had the hot glue gun out and a new disc so... 10 minutes later...

Attachments

• Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Nuke.jpg
    Nuke.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 239
Yes. Brushed on the die. Didn't feel like investing a lot of time on these so I just gathered some old dies I had mixed up before(acetone and rit).

The beast was bright orange and I put a bunch of swirly hot glue on it then brushed on (more like dabbed) some acetone/rit (three or four colors in large regions) using a cheap foam brush.

The nuke was hot pink and was also brushed with red acetone/rit.

While some dies I've done have taken hours, I like these 10 minute ones as much. :clap:

This is my Jimmy Buffet Disc, turned out better than I thought it would. Shouldn't have used tan to dye it with though.

Attachments

• IMAG0216 (5).jpg
    IMAG0216 (5).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 236
Nice work in Jimmy Buffett disc!! My uncle would love one with a parrot on it.

I'm by no means an even good dyer but the hot glue? It comes off after dying? First time I've heard of this. Like that it was quick.

The hotglue came off the ESP and Champ plastic VERY easy. It did stick to the stamp a bit but with more pulling the whole hot glue mess came off in one piece. :thmbup:

That glue from glue guns gets HAWT! I tried it once and was afraid to burn the disc, too much for me, but they sure do look great, love the different color choices, makes for a very interesting disc.

^^^HELL YEAH! That cartoon was the ish. I loved all the close up, very detailed, disgusting shots they had at times on that show.

Here's one i just finished, it's got a new green color in it, it's called "Kelly Green" from RIT. It's a sick tone of green, perfect for Rat Fink's fur!
IMG00227-20100801-2206.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts