• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, finally posting some of my stuff, I've been doing a lot of work with the plotter, and a lot of hand-cutting for some epic multi-color designs that will post once finished.

Here's the logo from the soon-to-complete website(HighFlyDyes.com). PLEASE do not steal this one, as it will be the logo for our business! Considerable time was spent on perfecting this one. On an MVP Ion:
4899515605_746f889629.jpg

Scarface on an ESP Buzzz:
4900116782_fec7d74287.jpg

Grateful Dead Steal Your Face / Dead Bear on a clear Champion Beast
This one's on sale on ebay, here's the auction.
4899522647_8af6584955.jpg

4900115518_b453e848ed.jpg

4900116026_5b7d1183a2.jpg

great dye man. I love boondock saints. I like the satisfaction you get when utting a dye by hand but sometimes when you have tedious dyes or multiples,the plotter would definitely come in handy. I should be gettn one in a few weeks.

it's not hard...just VERY time consuming. i started it last night, spent about an hour cutting all the little lines, then weeded the letters. slept. weeded for about an hour on the cross...dyed it this morning and almost hit an ace with it this afternoon :popcorn:

for those of you who don't know, VERITAS and AEQUITAS were tattoos on the Boondock Saints' trigger fingers. they mean truth and justice, super B.A.

My first dye. Dad showed me how. It's a Star Katana. It started white, dyed pink with saran wrap, then dyed purple with saran wrap.

Attachments

• Pink Katana.jpg
    Pink Katana.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Top Katana.jpg
    Top Katana.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 111
It was getting dangerously close to 24 hours without a post.

Attachments

• IMAG0222 (2).jpg
    IMAG0222 (2).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 121
how long do glo rocs take to dye?! it's been in there almost 45 minutes with barely a tint of black

Is it a DX Roc?

I learned from my first disc, which was the Thin Lizzy Roc -- it takes a LONG time, a lot of soaks, and a little more heat to get it to dye. It will always look a little green-ish to you, but it will get there. Slow and steady, don't try to go too fast or too hot. (that's what she said...)

she did say that, i heard it.

i did it for about an hour and a half, doing 20 mins, then heating it a bit, 20 more, heat...still got a dull grey color, but it kind works with the theme of the dye :)

IMG00369-20100818-2228.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts