• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished BD gift for one of my Sons. (Disc from yawpstang64:thmbup:)
5490520340_f9d2d3c41c_b.jpg

Missed this one BooBoo. Got a bud who loves Dylan and he's gonna... well you know, when he sees this! That's some pretty sweet shading, also I'm curious just how fine a line can a plotter cut, that border can't be more than about 1mm.

Do I add hands and a motor to make a real clock or do I add it to my bag? Might make 2 so I can do both. My disc golf clock. Hand-cut 168 Champ Spider.

I decided to go ahead and add hands. Found these beauties at Hobby Lobby. The motor runs completely silent too. Probably gonna do another for my bag soon. The big hand fits right to the edge of the disc and the small hand fits right to the center of the numbers.

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 111
I'm glad you did Leeway, that makes a great clock! One hanging on the bag is a good idea too, Flavor Flav style! :D

Last edited:
Love that stencil man. That is a great design. Nice execution.

Thanks man. The stencil comes from some big animation company which will remain nameless. This dye as well as the one I've done with the parachuteing cat were done for various military squads during WWII, and were on the sides of planes and other vehicles.

Last edited:
my first ever attempt last weekend. thought i would experiment on an "expendable" pro-d focus. came out much better than i thought it would, considering the tales of woe i've heard about the plastic...

Attachments

• firstattempt.jpg
    firstattempt.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 64
Natural History Series

"<snicker> That's not Bush..."

I saw that!

I worked on these the last couple months. Hand-drawn, cut, and bled. Crappy phone pic, too!

aikid19

A few discs for friends of mine

Robocop OCP logo on a Star Stingray
IMG_0065.jpg

Hammer & Sickle on a Star Stingray
IMG_0064.jpg

Tribal Spiral on a Champ Valkyrie
IMG_0046.jpg

Ion Clock
IMG_0050.jpg

Old Halo 2 emblem on a Star Roadrunner
IMG_0067.jpg